PDA

View Full Version : Clean up next saturday 1st march

Rovers fan
23/02/2008, 6:40 PM
Lads only 7 people turned up today to help out at the showgrounds and we still have loads of work to do. Ye all saw yourselves
how bad the pitch was against harps, well try and help to do something about it. Even if you can only make it for an hour or two every little bit helps. Bring spades, paintbrushes or whatever you can.

(sticky please)

deecay
26/02/2008, 3:44 PM
Spades or shovels?

Rovers fan
26/02/2008, 5:47 PM
Spades or shovels?

shovels

villarover
27/02/2008, 7:48 PM
Lads only 7 people turned up today to help out at the showgrounds and we still have loads of work to do. Ye all saw yourselves
how bad the pitch was against harps, well try and help to do something about it. Even if you can only make it for an hour or two every little bit helps. Bring spades, paintbrushes or whatever you can.

(sticky please)
Is there much painting to be done to the "blue stand"?

redtildead
27/02/2008, 8:43 PM
Is there much painting to be done to the "blue stand"?

Think painting the blue stand is finished.

I wasnt there but think it was painted in red and white stripes

sligoman
27/02/2008, 8:44 PM
Was there a ST meeting tonight? Any of the clean up discussed as to what we'll be doing this week?

redtildead
27/02/2008, 9:25 PM
Was there a ST meeting tonight? Any of the clean up discussed as to what we'll be doing this week?

Just same as last few weeks.
Bring shovels and painting stuff plenty to be done.
I cant see us going at the pitch with a friendly in the evening

red_away
28/02/2008, 11:49 AM
What time does the clean up start?

redtildead
28/02/2008, 3:40 PM
What time does the clean up start?

10 o clock

If people cant make it then it will be going on until 3 or so. Any time that can be given is appreciated

DonalE
28/02/2008, 8:08 PM
I cant see us going at the pitch with a friendly in the evening

In case we damage it?

feo123
28/02/2008, 9:13 PM
In case we damage it?

dosnt need damange. its cat anyway

redtildead
28/02/2008, 10:12 PM
In case we damage it?

Sand would just be lying on it a few hours later would it not?

villarover
04/03/2008, 5:43 PM
Im afraid to say the clean up last Saturday was very poorly organized. Why wasnt there a list of jobs to be done and how many people was needed for each job instead of one of commitee member going around with white spirits and a sock wondering what was best to take off paint from the wall outside the showgrounds. Not saying against this man who does huge ammount of work for the club but it was very poor when people are giving up there Saturday mornings to help out, there lots of other things to be at! We really need to be more professional in every thing we do at our club or we will be left behind. We all know the showgrounds needs alot of work but at least when people are willing to give there time that its put to good use.

sligoman
04/03/2008, 5:47 PM
instead of one of commitee member going around with white spirits and a sock wondering what was best to take off paint from the wall outside the showgrounds. Not saying against this man who does huge ammount of work for the clubOh the irony, the one man most of us want out and you say he does a lot of good work:D

It was poor enough last time as he wasn't sure what needed to be done but it wasn't that bad, normally better organised though.

forza rovers
04/03/2008, 5:50 PM
Oh the irony, the one man most of us want out and you say he does a lot of good work:D

It was poor enough last time as he wasn't sure what needed to be done but it wasn't that bad, normally better organised though.a man that does good work thinking he can flatin stones with his car.ya usally better orgainsed is there 1 one next week?

sligoman
04/03/2008, 5:51 PM
a man that does good work thinking he can flatin stones with his car.ya usally better orgainsed is there 1 one next week?Afaik yeah but ST meeting tomorrow night so will find out then.

forza rovers
04/03/2008, 5:52 PM
it was funny when he told us get in his car to add more weight to flatin the stones

villarover
04/03/2008, 6:24 PM
Oh the irony, the one man most of us want out and you say he does a lot of good work:D

It was poor enough last time as he wasn't sure what needed to be done but it wasn't that bad, normally better organised though.
It wasnt about that person its about not making use of the time that people are giving up to help out.

sligoman
04/03/2008, 6:28 PM
It wasnt about that person its about not making use of the time that people are giving up to help out.So "one of commitee member going around with white spirits and a sock wondering what was best to take off paint from the wall outside the showgrounds. Not saying against this man who does huge ammount of work for the club" wasn't about RG then?:confused:

No offence but if it's such an inconvenience for you, why did you bother going?

SligoBrewer
04/03/2008, 10:03 PM
Just a suggestion.

What about a clean up on a Sunday? More people might be off work and what not.

Rovers fan
04/03/2008, 10:05 PM
Just a suggestion.

What about a clean up on a Sunday? More people might be off work and what not.

i suggesed that the last day but nobody seemed keen on the idea.

deecay
04/03/2008, 10:24 PM
I wouldnt mind a Sunday,I guess its up to the powers that be

forza rovers
05/03/2008, 7:27 PM
what happened at the metting?

Rovers1
06/03/2008, 11:49 AM
i put it to "the powers that be" last night about a sunday cleanup...the answer was a definite NO