PDA

View Full Version : Internet access problems

Cici900
22/02/2008, 5:24 PM
Any ideas to solve my problem? Every time I log on to the internet I get a message box,this message box makes my internet crash. The message is "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." When I click for more information it tells me an error signature.

Not being too bright on computers, anyone any ideas on what my problem is or how to solve it? Do I just get the undertaker and buy a new one or can it be fixed. any help/ideas would be appreciated.

dahamsta
22/02/2008, 5:29 PM
Sounds to me like you have some kind of virus. Try a few online virus scans, see if they pop anything up. Just google "free virus scan" and try the first one, plus at least one other.

adam

GavinZac
22/02/2008, 6:57 PM
As a temporary fix, try installing firefox as it likely wont be infected with a virus that is affecting Internet Explorer. From there, you can start fixing the problem on your own PC.

IMO you'd be better off sticking with firefox in the long run but its a personal choice I guess.

www.getfirefox.com

Cici900
22/02/2008, 8:02 PM
Thanks lads, problem solved. Great to see my football family come to my rescue so swiftly. Thanks again

CiCi

A face
22/02/2008, 8:18 PM
Thanks lads, problem solved. Great to see my football family come to my rescue so swiftly. Thanks again

CiCi

What solved the problem? Are you using Firefox now?

Maybe you should try and sort out the problem you were having now. And so a system restore now as well.