PDA

View Full Version : Partridge and Connolly for Reading

colster
30/06/2003, 2:09 PM
Finally Partidge may get a good run of games this season with a good manager in Alan Pardew.

He did well with Coventry. I think that Reading would be a great move for Partridge and Connolly.
http://www.elevenaside.com/acrossthewater/story.asp?newsid=6181

Seamus #1
08/07/2003, 8:34 PM
No disrespect to Reading etc (Robin Friday is one of my all time favourite players) but I really think Connolly could do a job in the Prem. What about Charlton? South London, need a striker?

24 goals last season he has to be worth a punt surely??

Partridge - as GH runs around looking for a creative player he constantly neglects Ritchie's talents. I read an interview with RP who said Phil Thompson had told him he would get a chance for Liverpool this season. Good luck to the lad.

tiktok
08/07/2003, 9:48 PM
24 goals in the first rarely transfers as favourably to the prem, lots of players with great goalscoring records at that level fail to make it when the team goes up. players like nathan blake and akinbiye are two examples. i think it's a jump in class that connolly might not be able for, at least not as successfully.

brine2
11/07/2003, 12:30 AM
I don't think it's the class Connolly lacks but the physique. His skill can mask his small build in the First Division, but not in the Premier League.

When he played Ajax in the Arena he tore them apart. (Two goals and two assists) This is because the Ajax game plan isn't a physical one, and he was able to play to his full potential.

To be honest, we need more players like this in the Ireland team.