PDA

View Full Version : Gary O'Neill retires!

Pablo Escobar
30/06/2003, 1:49 PM
Why? Gary your a good player, only 21!
What's wrong?

Pablo Escobar
30/06/2003, 1:49 PM
This is a disaster for Waterford!

What the hell is going on?

Éanna
03/07/2003, 7:32 PM
he's gone to america with his old doll apparently.

Neil
03/07/2003, 11:57 PM
The dirty bastrad should have mentioned that to Waterford Utd. before signing for them. He knew what he was doing all along I'd say...

Éanna
04/07/2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Neil
He knew what he was doing all along I'd say...
thats what I heard. You don't pick up a J1 at this time of the summer..........

Neil
04/07/2003, 12:03 AM
Was he in college?

I thought he was from Dublin?
Since when could they read or write? :confused:

Colm
04/07/2003, 1:29 AM
Originally posted by Neil
The dirty bastrad should have mentioned that to Waterford Utd. before signing for them. He knew what he was doing all along I'd say...

There's no doubt that he knew what he was doing, he was only playing for Waterford in order to raise the money for his trip.
Bad form.

Éanna
04/07/2003, 1:36 AM
The guys entitled to go to the states if he wants but if he didn't tell waterford what his plans were then its disgraceful.

Éanna
04/07/2003, 1:38 AM
moved this to the waterford forum where its more at home :)

Éanna
04/07/2003, 1:43 AM
The Blues have been shocked by the news that striker Gary O'Neill is to take a break from football. The 21 year old informed boss Jimmy McGeough of his decision on Monday citing "domestic issues" as the reason behind his decision. McGeough is desperately trying to change the striker's mind, having developed a close relationship with him since his close season transfer from Bohemians. So far this season O'Neill has been instrumental in Waterford's fine start to the campaign, helping the Blues to third spot after 12 games. However, unless he has a dramatic change of heart, his career could be over. "I hope he does have a rethink," said McGeough, "because he is a great fella, and as a player he is instrumental in our game-plan because he provides the link between midfield and attack. I loved working with him. His attitude was great and when he rang on Monday, I got the biggest shock of my life. He said it was the hardest call he ever had to make and while he did not elaborate on his reasons for leaving, he just said his heart was not in it anymore. I tried to persuade him to change his mind and will do so again because I want him back. But I think he is gone." "I asked him if anyone was 'tapping him up' and he said no. I respect his honesty and he is one of the most honest players I know. He wouldn't go into it, but he said he couldn't focus on the game at the moment, but I've told him that we're here if he changes his mind McGeough told the Waterford players the news on Monday night - the first time they had come together since the mid-season break. "I said lads, we have good and bad news. The good news is that we are back together again and we are going to win the league. The bad news is Gary is gone. "The players were disappointed because he was very popular." Jimmy will now step up his hunt to add strike power to his squad ahead of the close of the transfer window at th e end of the month. He has been linked with St Pats Liam George while Michael Holt may also be available from the Inchicore side. McGeough tried to lure former underage international George to the RSC at the start of the season only to be beaten by Pats. "He was interested in Waterford, but we were just too late. Maybe we can pick up where we left off" said McGeough. However George insists he wants to focus on breaking into the first team at St Pats saying "It's about time I pulled my finger out and got into the first team. I haven't done enough or proved yself enough yet. I was briefed on Waterford's interest, but I came over to play for Pats and I want to get into that team."

Meanwhile the Blues are running the rule over Scottish defender Gerry McLaughlin. He spent 4 years at Oldham before drifting into the non-leage after being released in 2001. He hads joined the Blues on a 2 week trial. Boss Jimmy McGeough revealed "He is a right bak but he can also operate at centre half" from BTID site (http://www.btid.tk/)

Blues Fanatic
05/07/2003, 9:34 PM
where did u heard he went to the states

Éanna
06/07/2003, 1:14 PM
apparently thats the rumour going around the players in the league