PDA

View Full Version : Cliftonville

Mr_Parker
21/02/2008, 11:30 AM
I know there aren't to many Drog fans about this forum but have never managed to get registered on their mb. Anyway, so what's the craic for Tuesday. Which of your players should we be looking out for? Will there be many at the game?

SeanDrog
21/02/2008, 12:33 PM
I would imagine it will be a good crowd. Not being smart but any of our starting 11 are worth watching out for - the team has really matured.

If Guy Bates (striker) is on, watch out for him, great shot and a footballing brain. Then theres Shane Robinson on the right wing (sometimes we play him in the centre), Brain Shelly our right back is fab - great attacking runs, Stuart Byrne centre midfield is our engine (and captain last year), strong and a leader. centre back Graham Gartland is as solid as you can get.

We have a few new players who we will also be interested in :D

Scatman
21/02/2008, 12:40 PM
There should be a good crowd on Tuesday with it being our first competitive game of the season. Drogheda are a well drilled and organised team, we don't give much away and the front two Bates and Zayed have a very good understanding. Or did at the end of last season, looking forward to this match it's been too long without real football. See you tuesday!

Mr_Parker
22/02/2008, 1:21 PM
I thought some of you might be interested in a badge that has been issued for the Setanta by Cliftonville bearing the crest of the 4 teams in the group.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/906/dscf1506bx9.jpg

SeanDrog
27/02/2008, 8:12 AM
Hard luck lads you did give it a good old bash but I honestly think we looked very comfortable - you have to remember thats our first competitve game and we have had only two friendlies beofre this game. last night was probably the first time that 11 played together. Near the end our concentrated weakened (understandable first match) and I feel if this match was aftre a few more competitive games we would win with a margin of more than 3 goals.

I know we cleared off the line at the end bu on teh other side of the coin we should have been 3 nil up at half time and thems are the breaks so to say.

Now in saying that Cliftonville were the best IL side I have seen after Linfield.

Looking forward to the return fixture.

derm
27/02/2008, 9:04 AM
I thought some of you might be interested in a badge that has been issued for the Setanta by Cliftonville bearing the crest of the 4 teams in the group.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/906/dscf1506bx9.jpg

I like :cool: How would one get their hands on one down here?

Denis The Red
27/02/2008, 10:23 AM
I just want to say I really enjoyed that match last night. Both teams did well and they are a credit to their leagues and a great advert for the Setanta Cup. I only saw it on the tv but the atmosphere looked good. Would that be the case?

SeanDrog
27/02/2008, 12:12 PM
it was a good atmosphere alright - i hope this AIL comes off sooner the better as the Il sides have some good passonate clubs and I do feel that when the AIL happens in the short term the IL sides (bar maybe Linfield) will struggle but they will soon get running and in the medium term they will come upt to standard and start teach us southies a thing or two. :p

villarover
28/02/2008, 9:34 PM
Why was Adam hughes left on the bench for ye? Will he make your team this season?

Celdrog
29/02/2008, 12:38 AM
Why was Adam hughes left on the bench for ye? Will he make your team this season?
No idea really. We had a strange team out. Think its more to do with the Setanta not being a priority this year. We also had Stuey Byrne and Guy Bates on the bench. I'm sure we will see a lot of Adam Hughes but I doubt if he would be a first choice. Our first choice midfield is most likely Baker, Robinson, Byrne and Barrett