PDA

View Full Version : Risqué Comments

kingdom hoop
21/02/2008, 12:40 AM
Just out of curiosity (albeit born out of an infraction) what are the general borders for what is deemed "inappropriate language", in particular language of a more sexual nature? I had a peek at the rules but there was no specific mention.

I would've thought those comments that are obviously likely to offend would not be tolerated, but more playful ones would be fine. I suppose if they're funny and not overly offensive there's no problem. Mine weren't really funny and were lewd, so I got punished, fair enough. :) But a little clarification on what is or isn't inappropriate would be welcome.

Cheers.

dahamsta
21/02/2008, 9:09 AM
I had to write an "official policy" on this some time ago, for reasons that still aren't clear to me. I would have thought it was common sense.
If someone writes several paragraphs of excellent commentary and throws in a solitary sh*t, it would be silly to delete it. If someone posts something stupid with a solitary sh*t, or a string of invective that doesn't really add anything to the site, I don't see why it should stay.Your post was laced with it, so well deserved imho.

kingdom hoop
21/02/2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I had no issue with my warning. There are many ways to describe things, pointlessly using female genitalia should not be one of them. In fairness there's a good sense of decorum throughout this forum so it's not a problem.

But in general I have it that once comments are useful in terms of being illustrative or funny, and aren't overly vulgar, then there's no problem. Hardly a need to start a thread to discover that. Sometimes I need to write things down to grasp them. Apologies! :)

Billsthoughts
29/02/2008, 8:31 PM
used very selectively. post in the same thread as mine with same amount of curses yet no infraction.

dahamsta
29/02/2008, 9:29 PM
Your post was about three lines long. If you have a problem with another post, report it. We get 500+ posts a day on Foot.ie, and I'm not OCD enough to read them all.