PDA

View Full Version : Tierney?

LK37oldskool
20/02/2008, 9:01 PM
Anyone know for sure whats happening with tierney. Leader article has him down as gone.:confused:

L37Ultra
20/02/2008, 10:35 PM
Anyone know for sure whats happening with tierney. Leader article has him down as gone.:confused:

Hes signed with Cork City.

4tothefloor
20/02/2008, 10:35 PM
He is gone. Signed a 2 year pro contract with City, so he's going fully professional with them. Best of luck to him

joeSoap
20/02/2008, 10:44 PM
Terrible move for him football wise. He's now going to be stuck in the A league and City 21's for the next 2 seasons. No way is he getting a sniff ahead of Georgie, John O'Flynn, or Denis Behan for that matter. In my book he should have stayed where he was for another season, and enhanced his reputation in the First Division. Lets not forget he did only score 3 goals from play last season(and a few pens thrown in), what with and all the hype and all, and he really needs to improve on that to be anywhere near the finished article.

He's a good lad with great talent and a bright future. I wish him well, but feel he's made a bad move.

the hoops
21/02/2008, 6:43 AM
Terrible move for him football wise. He's now going to be stuck in the A league and City 21's for the next 2 seasons. No way is he getting a sniff ahead of Georgie, John O'Flynn, or Denis Behan for that matter. In my book he should have stayed where he was for another season, and enhanced his reputation in the First Division. Lets not forget he did only score 3 goals from play last season(and a few pens thrown in), what with and all the hype and all, and he really needs to improve on that to be anywhere near the finished article.

He's a good lad with great talent and a bright future. I wish him well, but feel he's made a bad move.

a bad move?at least he will get paid on time there:D

Lim till i die
21/02/2008, 8:11 AM
a bad move?at least he will get paid on time there

Can you read?

declan hide
21/02/2008, 8:47 AM

you forgot Dave Mooney.

L37Ultra
21/02/2008, 9:12 AM

Bit rich coming from a Shamrock Rovers fan;):D

gael353
21/02/2008, 8:47 PM

you obviously cant read and he got paid by the blues u tard! While i wish John well i too think he is making a big mistake. He isnt leaving Limeick over some gripe, hes leaving Limerick cos he doesnt like his college course in LIT, and hes playing semi pro in Limerick. In cork he can go onto their colaiste course and play "a" and under 21. Of course he is joining an under 21 set up which has never EVER beaten a limerick under 21 team. While the senior set up maybe more establised, their under 21 (which he will now be joining) is very much second division

see's it
22/02/2008, 7:59 AM
his going pro,getting better money,will be going to college,training with better players and getting better coaching i think he'd be mad if he turned it down its a great chance for the lad,best of luck!

Fairkop
22/02/2008, 7:58 PM
you obviously cant read and he got paid by the blues u tard! While i wish John well i too think he is making a big mistake. He isnt leaving Limeick over some gripe, hes leaving Limerick cos he doesnt like his college course in LIT, and hes playing semi pro in Limerick. In cork he can go onto their colaiste course and play "a" and under 21. Of course he is joining an under 21 set up which has never EVER beaten a limerick under 21 team. While the senior set up maybe more establised, their under 21 (which he will now be joining) is very much second division
you need to check the history books gael,cork 21s have beaten lims 21s.tierney does,n like his LIT course....thats the official line......tierney is like any younster with real ambition,and wants to futher his career,he was dying to get away from lims 37.....lims preseason has been a farce and players like tierney are hardly going to be impressed by that and by the many promises he was made.also maybe you should ask the present manager what kind of effort he made to keep him.

gael353
22/02/2008, 8:05 PM
his going pro,getting better money,will be going to college,!

is he really though? or is he just going to a football course at college where the value of the course = better money then he was on playing semi with Limerick????

I know of one limerick player who went down to go "pro" several years ago, weekly money in his lamh??? €80!!!! if thats going pro then im happy staking shelves and playing junior ball at weekends.

getting better coaching i think he'd be mad if he turned it down its a great chance for the lad,best of luck!

yea his coach is Ski.....nuff said

LK37oldskool
23/02/2008, 7:59 AM
Anyone know who are the players we signed on thursday and what their positions are?

sadloserkid
23/02/2008, 1:05 PM
I can't see him making a big splash with CCFC in the short term but of course it was the right move for him to make if he's got real ambition. Can't understand why anybody would gripe about it, personally I'd be surprised if he really comes through but at least he's giving it a chance.

gael353
23/02/2008, 8:16 PM
you need to check the history books gael,cork 21s have beaten lims 21s.
i think you could be right, one nil in rathbane 3 years ago???

tierney does,n like his LIT course....thats the official line.. is it? cos i only got it from his class mates...

lims preseason has been a farce . you'll have to difine what period exactly :)

also maybe you should ask the present manager what kind of effort he made to keep him.
nah i wouldnt be doing that, didnt do it with Kerley, NOC, or ski (although he did volenteer all he had to offer to every fan that had an ear to listen) and wont be doing that with Kerley again either. If as you say, that Tierney was dying to get away from Limerick, what manager worth his salt would bother his arse asking him to stay??

Lim till i die
24/02/2008, 2:29 PM
lims preseason has been a farce and players like tierney are hardly going to be impressed by that

Mediocre kids?? :confused:

:)

joeSoap
24/02/2008, 7:24 PM
Can someone clarify for me whether or not the club got any money for Tierney. I was of the impression that he was on a contract, meaning we should have received a fee. Even allowing for him not being on a contract, we'd still be entitled to money for him as he's an under 23 on our books?

Lim till i die
24/02/2008, 8:36 PM
Can someone clarify for me whether or not the club got any money for Tierney. I was of the impression that he was on a contract, meaning we should have received a fee. Even allowing for him not being on a contract, we'd still be entitled to money for him as he's an under 23 on our books?

I'd imagine his contract was breached at some stage last season.....

No way Cork City paid money for him anyway

Battery Rover
24/02/2008, 9:17 PM

If he is Under 23 someone has to receive compensation as far as I know

Fairkop
24/02/2008, 10:52 PM

spot on.

joeSoap
25/02/2008, 7:52 AM
It doesn't matter a damn whether or not his contract was breached. This happens all the time. The lad is under 23, and therefore the club is entitled to compensation. If they haven't sought it, I'd love to know why?

joeSoap
25/02/2008, 7:59 AM
All clubs interested in players 23 and under will have to pay a fee to the clubs who have trained and developed such players. Most players moving from small clubs to bigger clubs do so before they reach the age of 24. In fact smaller clubs may benefit more than bigger clubs under the transfer laws for under 23's. A young player moving to a more successful club will attract a transfer fee and the smaller club will be entitled to a 5% cut of all sell-on transfers involving a player until he retires. The compensation formula will also take account of the training costs associated with players who don't make the grade.Thats from UEFA.

So...how long have we trained him? Didn't we give him his first steps in senior soccer? Why haven't we gotten paid for him....?

Lim till i die
25/02/2008, 9:47 AM
So...how long have we trained him? Didn't we give him his first steps in senior soccer? Why haven't we gotten paid for him....?

Maybe the amount is too piddling for the club to bother pursuing?

Maybe the club are just that poorly organised?

Maybe he never had a contract in the first place?

Maybe the contract is gone missing?

Take your pick I'd say

joeSoap
25/02/2008, 2:33 PM
Maybe the amount is too piddling for the club to bother pursuing? For a club that is as 'on its knees' as much as we are, then every cent should be fought for.

Maybe the club are just that poorly organised?? Maybe, but with Kieran Judge as GM I would say not. Kieran is very good at these type of things, so maybe we were paid, but its being hished up.

Maybe he never had a contract in the first place? A distinct possibility, given the ineptitude of Mr Finnin.

Maybe the contract is gone missing?As above

Lim till i die
25/02/2008, 3:12 PM
For a club that is as 'on its knees' as much as we are, then every cent should be fought for.

I would be amazed if Cork City paid money for John Tierney

Maybe, but with Kieran Judge as GM I would say not. Kieran is very good at these type of things,

Agree totally, was just throwing it out there.

A distinct possibility, given the ineptitude of Mr Finnin.

As above

EUREKA!

Your knowledge of the clubs running last season should allow you to read between the lines on this one Joe ;)

sadloserkid
28/02/2008, 1:30 PM
Cork City did NOT pay a fee for John Tierney.

Lim till i die
28/02/2008, 1:57 PM
Cork City did NOT pay a fee for John Tierney.

WE KNOW!! ;)