PDA

View Full Version : Katy French

Sligo Hornet
20/02/2008, 10:44 AM
Two people picked up in connection with her death...this from BBC News

Police investigating the death of top Irish model Katy French have made two arrests.

Gardai arrested a man and a woman in County Meath at about 0900 GMT on Wednesday.
The 24-year-old socialite died in December after being in a coma for five days. A post-mortem examination concluded she suffered brain damage.
It also emerged Ms French had taken cocaine before she was admitted to hospital.
She was brought to Our Lady's Hospital in Navan after collapsing at a house in Kilmessan, County Meath.
Ms French had recently admitted to previously taking cocaine, but claimed to have stopped. Her funeral was attended by, among others, singer Chris de Burgh, swimmer Michelle de Bruin and former Irish rugby player Shane Byrne.

Lionel Ritchie
20/02/2008, 11:31 AM
Her funeral was attended by, among others, singer Chris de Burgh, swimmer Michelle de Bruin and former Irish rugby player Shane Byrne....and the Taoiseachs Aide de Camp :rolleyes:. Only in this stupid country.

There's a Bebo page dedicated to her memory and it would've been more approriate if her tragic passing had been in an RTA because I'm understating it when I say it's an absolute car crash.

jebus
20/02/2008, 12:37 PM
Move this to the Katy French love fest over on off topic and away from the serious threads please. She took drugs, she died, boo hoo, can't wait to see who they scapegoat for this to try and get her off the hook with the public. Are we allowed mention heroin/speedballs in connection to her name yet? Or is that media blanket ban still in force?

Lim till i die
20/02/2008, 12:57 PM
Are we allowed mention heroin/speedballs in connection to her name yet? Or is that media blanket ban still in force?

Heroin is a commoner drug.

Wash your mouth out you filthy peasant.

anto1208
20/02/2008, 1:13 PM
She decided to take drugs
She purchased the drugs
She took the drugs

Yet someone else gets arrested :confused:

Where are the arrests over the other lads that died around the same time ??

Ringo
20/02/2008, 1:27 PM
it appears to around the fact, that the evidence or story of events doesn't match up. There seems to have been a blue light & a police badge involved

dahamsta
20/02/2008, 3:28 PM
Move this to the Katy French love fest over on off topic and away from the serious threads please.It's a Current Affair. This is Current Affairs. QED.

jebus
20/02/2008, 3:38 PM
It's a Current Affair. This is Current Affairs. QED.

By tabloid standards it is alright, but if we posted about everything they thought was a current affair then I'd imagine you'd dismantle the Current Affairs section to large cheering from us Footies. Either way I've said my piece on her so I'm outta this one

TonyD
24/02/2008, 7:01 PM
[B]:

Was wondering that myself. Or perhaps there's a new offence we don't know about, of supplying drugs to famous people ?

anto1208
25/02/2008, 4:01 PM
Was wondering that myself. Or perhaps there's a new offence we don't know about, of supplying drugs to famous people ?

Well she is our princess Di. We have to get these evil people that forced the drugs on her .........

Docboy
25/02/2008, 4:40 PM
In fairness lads some fella from that housing estate in Waterford was arrested the week after that party so it's not as if they just ignored it.

A face
25/02/2008, 5:59 PM
She decided to take drugs
She purchased the drugs
She took the drugs

Yet someone else gets arrested :confused:

She wasn't dealing them though, well not that we know of anyway :p

Nothing will happen, but what happened the four guys that nearly kicked a guy to death outside a nightclub in Dublin a while back. Again .... nothing will happen.

bellavistaman
25/02/2008, 6:22 PM
Couldnt agree with jebus in this anymore, she made her bed, now.... Ooh dont know where to go with that one better leave it there. But sympathies do go to her family its tragic, but ive zero sympathy for her.

anto1208
26/02/2008, 3:49 PM
Couldnt agree with jebus in this anymore, she made her bed, now.... Ooh dont know where to go with that one better leave it there. But sympathies do go to her family its tragic, but ive zero sympathy for her.

I’ve a lot of Sympathy for her and her family im just saying I don’t think its some one else's fault that she took the drugs it was her choice and while lots of people do take drugs and know the risks I wouldn’t like any of them to die.

There is a personal responsibility for grown adults in this country if an adult decides to do something its them and only them who is responsible for the consequences.

jebus
26/02/2008, 4:52 PM
I’ve a lot of Sympathy for her and her family im just saying I don’t think its some one else's fault that she took the drugs it was her choice and while lots of people do take drugs and know the risks I wouldn’t like any of them to die.

There is a personal responsibility for grown adults in this country if an adult decides to do something its them and only them who is responsible for the consequences.

Actually Bella that would be more along the lines of how I'd feel. Shame she died, but that's about it, the boo hoo remark is more directed at people and the media who fawn over her without ever saying that it was her own doing that she was taking *insert whatever you've heard here* the night she died. I know a few people who have taking anything from ketamine to cocaine, and while I'd certainly think it would be a shame for any of them to die I'd still think it was their own fault, they knew the risk, they still did it, they were unlucky enough to pay the price sort of thing. Katy French, or anyone else who has overdosed before and after her, are a shame, but certainly not the tragedy some people make it out to be

bellavistaman
26/02/2008, 4:55 PM
Actually Bella that would be more along the lines of how I'd feel. Shame she died, but that's about it, the boo hoo remark is more directed at people and the media who fawn over her without ever saying that it was her own doing that she was taking *insert whatever you've heard here* the night she died. I know a few people who have taking anything from ketamine to cocaine, and while I'd certainly think it would be a shame for any of them to die I'd still think it was their own fault, they knew the risk, they still did it, they were unlucky enough to pay the price sort of thing. Katy French, or anyone else who has overdosed before and after her, are a shame, but certainly not the tragedy some people make it out to be

agreed, never even heard of ketamine though, ye limerick skobies, :D

anto1208
27/02/2008, 8:42 AM
agreed, never even heard of ketamine though, ye limerick skobies, :D

Ketamine is a Horse tranquiliser used by vets yet people still snort / drop it

kingdom hoop
27/02/2008, 11:55 AM
Ketamine is a generic animal-tranquilliser largely used by vets for operations on smaller animals like cats and dogs, but has gained colloquial notoriety as a horse tranquilliser for some reason I'm not entirely sure off. Perhaps it was associated with horse-loving Limerick skobies and that's where it came from. It would be erroneous, then, to label it exclusively a horse tranquilliser, but that, of course, won't stop people saying it and thinking it's funny to do so. :) Anyway, cat tranquilliser, horse tranquilliser, it's all the same, but you'd need a lot of the stuff to knock out a horse.

Quite interestingly it was recently reported that, in small doses, ketamine can be a very effective anti-depressant. Apparently it worked wonders on people for whom other anti-depressants were ineffective. I'd say it touches neural synapses in a new way or something.

Finally in this report, the names of Placebo's song Special K and the Kellogg's cereal of the same name were conceived as special dedications to ketamine. While the drug is most popular amongst slutty 8 year old girls in Colorado, as exposed in a true-to-life episode of South Park.

cheifo
27/02/2008, 2:01 PM
Didnt Keith Moon of The Who once take Ketamine before a gig.Knocked the bejayus out of the drums before collapsing.

Lionel Ritchie
27/02/2008, 3:26 PM
Didnt Keith Moon of The Who once take Ketamine before a gig.Knocked the bejayus out of the drums before collapsing.

It was reported as a "Gorilla Tranquilliser" but was probably Ketamine.
What the hell he expected it to do to him is uncertain but he collapsed very early in the Who's set.

I have a report about it in an old drumming magazine (Drums and Drumming)from the late '80's which had an interview with the chap who sat in on drums. The sub, who's name I've long since forgotten, was a teenager at the time (happened in 1975) and went to see The Who with a mate in San Francisco I believe it was.

The Who were only a song or two in when Keith Moon collapsed. An attempt was made to revive him but he collapsed again. All the while this chap and his mate are moving ever closer to the side stage to get a better view when next thing a chap who crossed a barrier and turned out to be The Who's road manager asked no-one in particular "Does anyone here play drums?".

The subs mate collared the sub and shouts "This guy does!!" and before he knew where he was the sub was being briefed backstage by the road crew and being introduced to Townshend, Daltrey and Entwhistle before being shepherded out onto a stage in front of a stadium full of people.

Moon was by now on his way to hospital in an ambulance. The kid on stage instead of him did his best and muddled his way through a curtailed set. By 1989 (when the interview was done) he'd become a bassist and had quit drums some years earlier.

Bluebeard
27/02/2008, 4:04 PM
Well she is our princess Di. We have to get these evil people that forced the drugs on her .........

Who is our Mohammed Al Fayed then?

Superhoops
27/02/2008, 10:05 PM
It was reported as a "Gorilla Tranquilliser" but was probably Ketamine.
What the hell he expected it to do to him is uncertain but he collapsed very early in the Who's set.

I have a report about it in an old drumming magazine (Drums and Drumming)from the late '80's which had an interview with the chap who sat in on drums. The sub, who's name I've long since forgotten, was a teenager at the time (happened in 1975) and went to see The Who with a mate in San Francisco I believe it was.

The Who were only a song or two in when Keith Moon collapsed. An attempt was made to revive him but he collapsed again. All the while this chap and his mate are moving ever closer to the side stage to get a better view when next thing a chap who crossed a barrier and turned out to be The Who's road manager asked no-one in particular "Does anyone here play drums?".

The subs mate collared the sub and shouts "This guy does!!" and before he knew where he was the sub was being briefed backstage by the road crew and being introduced to Townshend, Daltrey and Entwhistle before being shepherded out onto a stage in front of a stadium full of people.

Moon was by now on his way to hospital in an ambulance. The kid on stage instead of him did his best and muddled his way through a curtailed set. By 1989 (when the interview was done) he'd become a bassist and had quit drums some years earlier.
The guy's name was Scot Halpin (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.who/browse_thread/thread/be874c4afe001300/b0dedf3464fffae7), who passed away only a couple of weeks ago.

Lionel Ritchie
28/02/2008, 7:17 AM
The guy's name was Scot Halpin (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.who/browse_thread/thread/be874c4afe001300/b0dedf3464fffae7), who passed away only a couple of weeks ago.

Sad to hear that. 54 years of age is a ****e innings. RIP.

cheifo
28/02/2008, 10:07 AM
Gorilla tranquiliser, :D sorry for me that lifted the mood of the thread.Rock n Roll..
Wait a second that great ad with the ape on the drums.....aaaaaah yes.

Lionel Ritchie
28/02/2008, 10:39 AM
Gorilla tranquiliser, :D sorry for me that lifted the mood of the thread.Rock n Roll..
Wait a second that great ad with the ape on the drums.....aaaaaah yes.:)

2 minute Audio interview and a short clip of Scot Halpin drumming with The Who here (http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=5223059&m=5223060)

Newryrep
29/02/2008, 1:53 PM
Wait a second that great ad with the ape on the drums.....aaaaaah yes.

This one ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f4EJEgylYgM&feature=related