PDA

View Full Version : Digger

sorbothegreek
29/06/2003, 4:16 PM
Was talking to a man in the know and he said that Digger picked up a rib injury out in Portugal, could be out for up on a month.

drummer boy
30/06/2003, 4:50 PM
yeah i was told that to. rumour has it that matthews made him swimm with the injury and ut made it worse. and as far as im told atthews knew about it but thats just what i was told.

Bosco
30/06/2003, 10:56 PM
Aparently he will be out for a month.
Thats a major major loss im not to keen on "BIGGER", Id like to see Gary Cassin get a first team run out

gheewhizz
30/06/2003, 11:17 PM
Yes digger did pick up a rib injury, he will out for 2 or 3 games, but he should be back for the game against Drogheda.

A face
01/07/2003, 2:54 PM
O’Brien out of Shels clash

Relegation contenders Longford Town welcome league leadersShelbourne to Flancare Park tonight (kick-off: 7.45pm) but will have to do battle without the services of first-choice netminder Stephen O’Brien.

O’Brien suffered a rib injury in training during the midlanders’ mid-season week-long trip to the Algarve. It is the second time this season that O’Brien has been forced out of Alan Matthews’s thoughts – he missed two games earlier in the season because of flu.

As before, Michael Dempsey stands by – the former Dundalk goalkeeper also took his place in goal against Shels in the 3-2 defeat at Tolka Park back in April.

Ahead of Dempsey, central defender and skipper Barry Ferguson is ruled out through suspension.

Longford currently sit second from bottom, and although they are nine points clear of bottom side UCD, the Strokestown Road outfit will want to leave the promotion/relegation berth behind them long in advance of the end of the season.

Shelbourne have altogether loftier ambitions having led the Premier Division table from the very first weekend of the season.

However, Pat Fenlon’s side faltered badly in recent matches, and they will be hoping that the midsummer break came at exactly the right moment to end their poor spell.

They were decisively beaten by bottom-half side Derry City at the Brandywell two and a half weeks ago, while had to battle to salvage a point against Waterford United a week previously.

All told, Shels have won just one of their last six matches, in the process seeing their clear lead at the summit cut to just one point by Shamrock Rovers.

They will hope to return to form with a vengeance in the coming days – they host another struggling side, Drogheda United, on Friday night. At least four points will be the target for Fenlon and Co.

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=6187)

Maz
03/07/2003, 6:57 PM
i agree with Bosco, really not sure bout "BIGGER" he has a dodgy dive for every ball.....i honestly think gary cassin would be better for us

drummer boy
03/07/2003, 7:35 PM
what f**ing planet have you been on for the last 4 years, digger is by far our best keepr and casin second choice. he is the best shotstopper and penalty stopper in the league and were you not watching dempsey at the shels game every time he came out to catch a corner or a cross he had to catch it twice, we never see digger doing that. I know your entitled to your opinion but thats crap. DIGGER FOR IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maz
03/07/2003, 8:40 PM
ok little drummer boy........read the bloody posts again....its BIGGER as in dempsey not DIGGER....god chill and read properly

drummer boy
03/07/2003, 8:53 PM
ah right sorry about that. i noticed that alright but i didnt cop you were talking about dempsey. now that i know your talking about dempsey, itotally agree, except i would have said hes sh**e

Maz
03/07/2003, 8:58 PM
well we dont think theres room here for such vulgarity