PDA

View Full Version : Bowez -v- City

Neil
28/06/2003, 5:17 PM
Crowe ready to rumble

The mid-season break in the eircom League came at precisely the right moment for its top striker, Glenn Crowe, and the Bohemians marksman will be ready to rock when the season resumes on Monday evening.

The Irish international front man has netted just three times this season, six less than Cork City’s under-21 international John O’Flynn, but Crowe - who has won the league’s golden boot for the past three seasons - will not give up his title without a fight over the next six months.

The former Exeter City man’s season has been hindered by a knee injury, which also kept him out of Ireland’s Euro 2004 double-header against Albania and Georgia earlier this month.

But the three-week rest, seven days of which was spent with his clubmates on the holiday isle of Cyprus, has brought him back to fitness, and he should be ready to lead the line when the Gypsies - with just three wins all season - aim to get their title defence back on the road against O’Flynn’s Cork City on Monday.

Bohs boss Stephen Kenny said: "His injury seems to be okay now, and all he needs is to get a few games under his belt. He’s getting that little bit sharper all the time."

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=6151)

Colm
28/06/2003, 7:25 PM
Another 3-2 victory would do nicely, thank you very much!

Looks like we'll have a good few fans up there (for a monday night anyway).

Let's all get behind the Rebel Army and show the jackeens just who the real "big club" is!

d13bohs
29/06/2003, 1:01 PM
I doubt it Colm, I reckon we will win 2-1 or 3-1, you won't get any hometown last minute offside decisions at Dalymount like you got in Cork, if we play the same way as we did in Cork we will win (though we will still concede a goal, probably the opening goal as well, I must ask Ladbrokes/Paddy Power etc if Shay Kelly is a regular better on 1st goal scorer in Bohs matches :mad: )

pete
30/06/2003, 1:58 PM
Recent Results:
Dec 19, 2002 Bohemians - Cork City 2 - 0
Aug 30, 2002 Bohemians - Cork City 1 - 1
Oct 20, 2001 Bohemians - Cork City 2 - 2
Feb 25, 2001 Bohemians - Cork City 0 - 1
Sep 1, 2000 Bohemians - Cork City 1 - 1

I hope city brought their scuba gear on the bus as almost been raining in de big smoke for last 24 hours now.

Exiles in Doyles from 6.30 for anyone interested...

Dricky
30/06/2003, 2:11 PM
COME ON THE CITY.

Macy
30/06/2003, 2:18 PM
Originally posted by pete
Exiles in Doyles from 6.30 for anyone interested...
Doyles has gone casual..... It's been done up as the poncification of Dublin Pubs continues apace.... Latest victim the formally excellent 51 on Haddington Road.... :mad:

pete
30/06/2003, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Doyles has gone casual..... It's been done up as the poncification of Dublin Pubs continues apace...

Yeah me no like new loook Doyles althoguh strangely they kept the far side in old guise...

James
30/06/2003, 4:36 PM
gwan so, doyles it is, be over round bout 6.30ish