PDA

View Full Version : Ireland to face Colombia - London, 29th May

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

boovidge
28/02/2008, 4:15 PM
ryanair seagull?

Guidedbyvoices
28/02/2008, 4:16 PM
That's shocking!!!:( No I'm only 17 do you think I can afford it? Suppose if I could it would be lethal so I don't blame ya

Good man..Get on the paper round. Its always good for a few quid. Why not try the fast ferry and train. can't be too dear?

Seagull-4-life
28/02/2008, 4:18 PM
Might persuade the father to bring me over.

NeilMcD
28/02/2008, 4:21 PM
£25 return, good value. Quick and 4 trains an hours

Yeah I think that is very expensive. for something that takes about 45mins, to pay the best part of 35 Euro for.

paul_oshea
28/02/2008, 4:23 PM
my wardrobe fell down :D

next time put some clothes in it ;)

Greenforever
28/02/2008, 4:23 PM
For trapattonis first couple of games in charge there would be plenty of interest in going regardless of where it is!!

Agreed, you could get as big a crowd as went to Glasgow for Brian Kerrs first game, only differece is I doubt if Colombia will attract anybody leaving a crowd of 5-10K

paul_oshea
28/02/2008, 4:25 PM
It's not listed as a home fixture is it;)

And Trap probably is looking for away friendly :

At least tickets will be easy come by and probably cheaper than in Croker, wont need hotel as prob on 7am flight back and only leaving clubs about 3am:D

Unfortunately, London is crap going out on a Thursday, seriouslly. :(

Dublin is way better as are most cities ive been too, really annoys me when people say London is a 24/7 party town. BS!

Greenforever
28/02/2008, 4:26 PM
Good man..Get on the paper round. Its always good for a few quid. Why not try the fast ferry and train. can't be too dear?

cheapest is ryanair gatwick is closest Ryanair airport, or aerlingus for about €100 to heathrow, just down the road

Greenforever
28/02/2008, 4:28 PM

Dublin is way better as are most cities ive been too, really annoys me when people say London is a 24/7 party town. BS!

u should try Sunderland on a Monday night, ended up in a students bar, all you could drink for £10, great value even in 2002, not that we were mature students by the end of the night:D

We'll find somewhere, don't worry

HarpoJoyce
28/02/2008, 4:47 PM
Small article on UEFA.com
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/worldcup/finals/newsid=665486.html?cid=rssfeed&att=index

"always room for improvement.." indeed. Stephen Ireland's back!

boovidge
28/02/2008, 4:47 PM

where have you been looking?! if you've got a few quid you can do anything in London. There are pubs open until 3am too if you dont want to hit a club!

paul_oshea
28/02/2008, 9:38 PM
u should try Sunderland on a Monday night, ended up in a students bar, all you could drink for £10, great value even in 2002, not that we were mature students by the end of the night:D

We'll find somewhere, don't worry

ah not there are loads of bars around fulham open till 2 and there is a decent nightclub opened till 3.30. A couple of Irish bars, but no one goes out in London on a thursday, thats my point. Even in the very centre, leicester square, the main places will be less than a 1/3 empty. Its a joke.:mad:

aidz1
28/02/2008, 11:38 PM
London...may have to give this one a miss.

if they couldnt play it in a stadium of 20 odd thousand in the republic why not play it in windsor park, belfast??

Greenforever
29/02/2008, 12:46 AM
ah not there are loads of bars around fulham open till 2 and there is a decent nightclub opened till 3.30. A couple of Irish bars, but no one goes out in London on a thursday, thats my point. Even in the very centre, leicester square, the main places will be less than a 1/3 empty. Its a joke.:mad:

to be honest not bothered about london nightlife, there will be enough of us to ensure it's a great party might:D

Greenforever
29/02/2008, 12:47 AM
London...may have to give this one a miss.

if they couldnt play it in a stadium of 20 odd thousand in the republic why not play it in windsor park, belfast??

Maybe because Columbia want to play in London, maybe because Trap does not want a home game

Ash
29/02/2008, 8:21 AM
Only 1 day off work for me so got a BMI flight to Heathrow out at
6.45am the morning of the match and back at 7am the next morning!
Worked out at €97

ifk101
29/02/2008, 8:35 AM
Maybe because Columbia want to play in London, maybe because Trap does not want a home game

How about this reason: Croke Park isn't available and the FAI can maximise their profits by playing the game in London. ;)

paul_oshea
29/02/2008, 8:38 AM
ya those doing the 1 day thing can just go out on the beer and then stay out and go straight to the airport. id say some of ye travelling on yer own should look at booking cabs together or that if ye are leaving real early in the morning, cos you cant guarantee you will be there 40 mins before on the tube if flying at 7.30 or before.. Save a bit of money and what not.

I can get local numbers round fulham if ye want. Just pm me, or ill put it up here whichever people would like.

Greenforever
29/02/2008, 9:30 AM
How about this reason: Croke Park isn't available and the FAI can maximise their profits by playing the game in London. ;)

Croke park isnt available - yes

playing in london - maximise profits - NO, you were obviously not at games in the Valley, about 7-8,000 and they will be lucky to get over 10,000 in fullham and tickets will probably be cheaper than Dublin if last time is anything to go by.

maximise profits play in the rds low rent, 18000 seats would sell out at €70 per ticket or glasgow where 20 - 25000 could be expected.

and incase you thing im an apologist for the fai i'm not i'm a realist and also believe that trap does not want a home game, remember our first 2 qualifiers are away.

TerryPhelan
29/02/2008, 9:49 AM
I'm going to make the trip for this one and have emailed the FAI Ticket Office, but not holding out too much hope for a speedy or positive response!

Does anyone know any other avenues of getting tickets for this - even from the Fulham end of things? I'm looking for two tickets.

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated!!
:ball:

Greenforever
29/02/2008, 10:07 AM
I'm going to make the trip for this one and have emailed the FAI Ticket Office, but not holding out too much hope for a speedy or positive response!

Does anyone know any other avenues of getting tickets for this - even from the Fulham end of things? I'm looking for two tickets.

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated!!
:ball:

There will be no problems getting tickets and im sure the ticket office will get back to you in time.

You've obviously had no dealings with the ticket office as they are pretty efficent, id imagine tickets will also be available from ticketmaster

The Man Himself
29/02/2008, 1:30 PM
29th may is on a thursday!!!
funny day for an international.

NeilMcD
29/02/2008, 1:38 PM
Are England at home on the 28th

Ash
29/02/2008, 1:38 PM

Suppose it depended on the availability of Craven Cottage

EAFC_rdfl
29/02/2008, 1:43 PM
Only 1 day off work for me so got a BMI flight to Heathrow out at
6.45am the morning of the match and back at 7am the next morning!
Worked out at €97

that must be a tough job, only giving you one day off

CvilleRovers
14/03/2008, 3:20 PM
thinking of heading to this meself, any decent cheap hotels anyone knows of that would be handy?cheers

paul_oshea
14/03/2008, 4:04 PM
erm, in london you would do well to get a cheap hotel. you could look to get a hostel. st pauls hostel is nice, and its cheap. that could be worth a look?!

ill have a look around for you and get back to ye.

Plastic Paddy
17/03/2008, 6:36 PM
A couple of Irish bars, but no one goes out in London on a thursday, thats my point. Even in the very centre, leicester square, the main places will be less than a 1/3 empty. Its a joke.:mad:

If you confine yourself to the Irish pubs and to tourist ****holes then you deserve all you get.

Paul, have you ever gone out anywhere in London other than to Irish bars? And no, going to Finsbury Park, Kilburn and Wood Green don't count! What about Kings Cross? Or Hoxton? Or Clerkenwell? Great craic on a Thursday night all. And those are just three that are close to the centre, each with plenty of good bars for the discerning palate. Clapham, Camden, London Bridge, Notting Hill, Soho; all packed with good pubs and bars. The list goes on.

Seriously, it sounds like you actually do need to get out more. :)

:ball: PP

Greenforever
17/03/2008, 8:46 PM
If you confine yourself to the Irish pubs and to tourist ****holes then you deserve all you get.

Paul, have you ever gone out anywhere in London other than to Irish bars? And no, going to Finsbury Park, Kilburn and Wood Green don't count! What about Kings Cross? Or Hoxton? Or Clerkenwell? Great craic on a Thursday night all. And those are just three that are close to the centre, each with plenty of good bars for the discerning palate. Clapham, Camden, London Bridge, Notting Hill, Soho; all packed with good pubs and bars. The list goes on.

Know nothing about London pubs but like all trips it's what you make it, found a fabulous boozer beside the Valley for the 2 unity cup games, had a great session both days and no idea who owned the kip! I'm sure we will do the same for Craven Cottage

paul_oshea
18/03/2008, 9:43 AM

ya hoxton square and all those places are full of coke heads, and not really my cup of tea, with house and that crap banging in the background. Clapham is a good spot, never been out there on a thursday though, and i doubt there would be that many there on a thursday.

Kings cross is alright in fairness too, but on a thursday most of the places would be empty by 11.30. I work in the city, so I go to loads of bars around there, but everyone just goes for a few after work and goes home.

Soho would be the place i would mainly go on a thursday if looking for a crowd, and its still hard enough find a rocking place on a thursday, even the good aul easy spots are fairly empty - on anon, tiger tiger, reflex, sound etc etc.

Junior
18/03/2008, 1:19 PM
and lets face it, a football crowd wont generally be heading in the direction of those sort of places (Anon Anon, Tiger Tiger etc..)and if they did theyd more than likely be shown the door - the exit door!!

aidz1
29/04/2008, 10:40 AM
anyone looking a cheap flight to this...

ryanair from belfast to stanstead. out on the thurs, back on the fri..only £5 rtn(including taxes !!!! but not cc charge)
i realise stastead is not the best london airport to fly for this game but passing on the value to be had....

Paulie
29/04/2008, 4:54 PM
Just booked my flights. Flying over on Aer Lingus into Heathrow and flying home on BA from Gatwick. All in it's €73. Not too bad. Now for the match tickets. I know a couple of lads who have tickets for the Haynes stand so I reckon we'll get tickets for there.

Greenforever
06/05/2008, 8:15 AM
Looking forward to this game. Will it be televised???

Wouldn't think so, lucky to get 10,000 at it

Paulie
06/05/2008, 11:07 AM

I think Sky Sports are showing it.

joe_barry80
06/05/2008, 11:14 AM

End of season the games would be played on weird days. The normal days Saturday & Wednesday are picked to fit in with a normal league season. When the leagues are over you could play on any day. I'm going to see Austria v Nigera on the Tue 27th and v Malta Fri 30th for example.

Still hoping for a last minute ticket for one Euro games but not holding my breath.

Superhoops
06/05/2008, 10:49 PM
End of season the games would be played on weird days.

I think you will find that the game was originally to be played on Wednesday 28th but was delayed by one day when England announced their friendly against USA at Wembley for the Wednesday night, something about UEFA/FIFA not sanctioning 2 games in the same city on the same night and policing restrictions for a similar reason.

eirebhoy
07/05/2008, 11:18 AM
Where did you here that?
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

jmurphyc
07/05/2008, 1:24 PM
Will either this or the Serbia game be on RTE? I'd assume it won't but they used to do deferred coverage of friendlies so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Greenforever
08/05/2008, 8:03 AM
Going Out (Web Fare)1 Adult@ 0.00 EUR0.00 EURTaxes/Fees details (http://javascript<b></b>:feesTaxes_breakDown('1'))4.99 EURComing Back (Web Fare)1 Adult@ 15.00 EUR15.00 EURTaxes/Fees details (http://javascript<b></b>:feesTaxes_breakDown('2'))4.99 EURTotal Cost of Flight24.98 EUR
Excluding handling fee (if applicable)
click here for information on handling fees (http://javascript<b></b>:handlingFees();)

Or why not go on a ryanair overnight, cheaper than travelling from Cork to Dublin for a match :D:D

scousedub
08/05/2008, 4:29 PM
I think Sky Sports are showing it.

RTE are also showing it.

jbyrne
08/05/2008, 5:00 PM

think 15,000 tickets sold

Scooby Doo
22/05/2008, 4:44 PM
Will be in London for the match, anybody any advice where to go for a bit of craic prematch, either early that day or the day before? :)

anyone know how many tickets sold!

Sligo Hornet
23/05/2008, 6:49 AM
Will be in London for the match, anybody any advice where to go for a bit of craic prematch, either early that day or the day before? :)

anyone know how many tickets sold!

Try the thread in Fan's Forum...also this seems to be a good choice from Paul O'Shea
http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=947653&postcount=35
http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=947678&postcount=37

Scooby Doo
23/05/2008, 3:30 PM
Try the thread in Fan's Forum...also this seems to be a good choice from Paul O'Shea
http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=947653&postcount=35
http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=947678&postcount=37

cheers hornet, seems like a good bet!