PDA

View Full Version : Any of you el fans going to Basle

Barna Bee
28/06/2003, 11:21 AM
Thought Lansdowne looked great for the last 2 games , well done to all the el fans involved.

Any of you boys/girls making the trip to Basle?Wold be good to continue the support and cloour like that over there.

pineapple stu
28/06/2003, 1:41 PM
I'll be over anyway. Try and bring over the UCD flags - should get things started anyway...

MariborKev
30/06/2003, 10:46 PM
At least some of the Derry drums will be there

Anyone know how I would go about clearing bringing the drums with me

Getting them onto plane/into ground etc?

Mayo_Bhoy
03/07/2003, 4:11 PM
Ya! Well done to all the EL fans who did a great job. I've being going to landsdowne since tha late 80's and was getting ****ed off at the way the atmosphere was gradually getting tamer and tamer. Was in the South Terrace and the constant chanting etc. embarrassed the daytrippers into getting involved. Also for the first time in a few years no idiots started roaring to sit down when we stood up for lenghty periods. Some of these morons think they're at the opera.

BTW Basle hasn't been confirmed as the match venue yet has it? Am waiting to hear as i want to book flights etc. as soon as i can.

Slash/ED
03/07/2003, 9:01 PM
Soccercentral said Basle was confirmed.

pineapple stu
03/07/2003, 9:44 PM
Basel's confirmed alright.

FAI say they're allocating tickets among Block holders in Lansdowne first...:(

Mayo_Bhoy
04/07/2003, 2:15 PM
I’ve just rang the FAI office and they told me they won’t know until at least next week???

gspain
04/07/2003, 2:35 PM
Well Abbey Travel abd 747 are running trips that imply tickets are included.......Maybe another scandal brewing here if the F.A.I. (and rightly so) don't give them the tickets.

I expect to get tickets as I'm a regular traveller and a block blocker.

Barna Bee
07/07/2003, 5:46 PM
so any one of you guys who are blockbookers in Lansdowne and have ordered tickets but now cannot go or have not ordered tickets but won't be going.....I would be overly appreciative of getting my hands on 2 .

Living in the UK , I think my chances of getting some are close on impossible.

As a swap , i could offer you 2 tickets for a premiership game here in london. I am a club memeber of Spurs, so when your team in England (if you have one)is playing them or if indeed you support Spurs ...I can get you 2 for the home end.

here is an email address to contact me on brian32@blueyonder.co.uk

long shot I know but I have to try something

A face
08/07/2003, 1:28 AM
Originally posted by Barna Bee
so any one of you guys who are blockbookers in Lansdowne and have ordered tickets but now cannot go or have not ordered tickets but won't be going.....I would be overly appreciative of getting my hands on 2 .

Living in the UK , I think my chances of getting some are close on impossible.

As a swap , i could offer you 2 tickets for a premiership game here in london. I am a club memeber of Spurs, so when your team in England (if you have one)is playing them or if indeed you support Spurs ...I can get you 2 for the home end.

here is an email address to contact me on brian32@blueyonder.co.uk

long shot I know but I have to try something

What Irish club do you support ??

Barna Bee
08/07/2003, 1:43 PM
I am Galway born and bred and have spent many an evening in what was "The Shed" in Terryland.

Most memroable moment for me was beating Johnny Glynns goal against Rovers in 91

the shed is gone a few years now and Terryland is looking much better.

I played a bit with Mark Herrick when I was in school in the Bich in the late 80's

Barna Bee
08/07/2003, 1:46 PM
I live very close to WHite Hart Lane , so they are my local club and a place where I can watch live football every other week.

I just so happened to be blessed at the moment with having 2 great Irish International at The Lane (not withstanding Doherty's exit)

I have just read your sign off and agree with it .