PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Licences

Pages : [1] 2 3

Magicme
18/02/2008, 9:04 PM
MONS SECURE UEFA “A” LICENCE
Monaghan United were delighted with the news on Monday evening that they were being awarded a UEFA “A” Licence. This shows the hard work and dedication to the development of the stadium and that the infrastructure around the club is top notch.

Credit for the processing of the licence goes to Colm Mahony, the Clubs Licensing Officer who has worked really hard over the past few Months.

Chairman Jim McGlone said “I am delighted that we have been awarded the “A” licence. Colm Mahony has worked hard on behalf of the club over the past few months and the success in getting the licence is down to his dedication to making sure that everything was correct”

Martinho II
18/02/2008, 9:48 PM
heard tonight that we and athlone got UEFA Licences as well.. not sure would it be the one we had last year or UEFA A?:)

L37Ultra
18/02/2008, 10:04 PM
What about Limerick? Did they?

Raheny Red
18/02/2008, 10:22 PM
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=829

Philly
18/02/2008, 10:28 PM
County have ours

Magicme
18/02/2008, 10:30 PM
L37Ultra - the press release confirming all the licences awarded hasnt come out yet so dont know what the situation is with any club other than ourselves.

atfconline
18/02/2008, 10:42 PM
We have ours, announced at our match tonight.

Superhoops
18/02/2008, 11:44 PM
Bray (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=297) have theirs too.

GavinZac
18/02/2008, 11:56 PM
L37Ultra - the press release confirming all the licences awarded hasnt come out yet so dont know what the situation is with any club other than ourselves.

The clubs are told one by one

Longfordian
19/02/2008, 12:55 AM
heard tonight that we and athlone got UEFA Licences as well.. not sure would it be the one we had last year or UEFA A?:)

I believe they call it the Premier licence.That's what we had last year and I believe what we got this year. The most significant difference is that you still get part funding from the FAI for your CPO in the First Division if you attain a Premier licence. Anyway, happy days I know all at LTFC are well pleased. Makes a nice change to get it first time :) .

Mr_T
19/02/2008, 9:10 AM
The most significant difference is that you still get part funding from the FAI for your CPO in the First Division if you attain a Premier licence

Pretty sure thats not true, but great if it is.

Magicme
19/02/2008, 9:27 AM
The clubs are told one by one

I know but after that the FAI do a press release. Was just saying that it hadnt been sent yet so I didnt know about other clubs than ourselves. Are you the new NYHoop??

Oh and Mr A, yes that was the deal last year, if you had an "A" licence you got funding for the CPO programme. Ironic that just when I got a new job I love that there may now be the position I wanted available!

Sam_Heggy
19/02/2008, 9:34 AM
I know but after that the FAI do a press release. Was just saying that it hadnt been sent yet so I didnt know about other clubs than ourselves. Are you the new NYHoop??

Oh and Mr A, yes that was the deal last year, if you had an "A" licence you got funding for the CPO programme. Ironic that just when I got a new job I love that there may now be the position I wanted available!

Close, he's one of the mr.men but I pity the fool who gets Mr.T mixed up with Mr.A. (sorry opportunity was there so.....)

Magicme
19/02/2008, 9:36 AM
Doh, not awake yet. Sleepless night with excitement I guess! Sorry Mr T, but u are dead and buried in my garden.

Lim till i die
19/02/2008, 9:38 AM
What about Limerick? Did they?

We got Two licences!!! :ball:

Mr A
19/02/2008, 9:39 AM
Close, he's one of the mr.men but I pity the fool who gets Mr.T mixed up with Mr.A. (sorry opportunity was there so.....)

People often get me and Mr A mixed up. I'm not entirely sure why that is to be honest.

Sam_Heggy
19/02/2008, 9:43 AM
People often get me and Mr A mixed up. I'm not entirely sure why that is to be honest.

Me neither, its crazy I tell ya :p

Sam_Heggy
19/02/2008, 9:45 AM

Just to be sure, they gave one for Limerick 37 and another with just Limerick on it just to be safe. They should have made it sporting Limerick, its about the only name left at this stage.

Lim till i die
19/02/2008, 9:49 AM
Just to be sure, they gave one for Limerick 37 and another with just Limerick on it just to be safe. .

Exactly.

Are you John Delaney??

They should have made it sporting Limerick, its about the only name left at this stage

That's crazy talk.

I'd imagine we will be dropping the 37 in the forseeable.

It's the Limerick part of our name I've always found important.

Sam_Heggy
19/02/2008, 9:54 AM
Exactly.

Are you John Delaney??

Jeez it was just a joke, no need for the horrible name calling :(

That's crazy talk.

I'd imagine we will be dropping the 37 in the forseeable.

It's the Limerick part of our name I've always found important.

its hard to keep up tbh.

Ash
19/02/2008, 10:27 AM
From what I was told last night the licences have changed and are awarded
on a divisional basis, meaning that if you are in the 1st Division you can only
go for/get a 1st Division Licence.

Magicme
19/02/2008, 10:42 AM
Well then why were we told we got an "A" licence?? Are we going to be put in the A league??? :eek:

Longfordian
19/02/2008, 10:44 AM
Not sure about that either Ash, I know we applied for a Premier licence and weren't informed at any stage that we can't get one. We'll see what the official confirmation says I guess.

John83
19/02/2008, 10:46 AM
That's a dog licence for the one man, and a TV licence so he still has something to do if the club disbands during the season. ;)

Lim till i die
19/02/2008, 10:55 AM
Well then why were we told we got an "A" licence?? Are we going to be put in the A league??? :eek:

Maybe the criteria were all attendance based this year?? :p

Lim till i die
19/02/2008, 10:57 AM
I can confirm that Limerick (insert your own suffix here) have been awarded a first division licence for the coming season.

This is the first time since licencing began that the senior football team in Limerick has been awarded a licence at the first time of asking.

Progress?? Or conclusive proof that licencing is a sham?? :p

jebus
19/02/2008, 11:12 AM
That's a dog licence for the one man, and a TV licence so he still has something to do if the club disbands during the season. ;)

What's that Lassie? The sound of a glass house breaking? :p

Ash
19/02/2008, 11:43 AM

Not saying anyone si right or wrong, twas just what I was told

Magicme
19/02/2008, 11:59 AM
I know Ash. Your alright, got the same type of response from Mr Egan last nite!

passerrby
19/02/2008, 1:42 PM
im lead to believe that licences were issued after clubs collected tokens from the weetabix boxs (noel Mooney promotion) five for an A and three for a B and as most mons can eat up to five weetabix we got out A
or alternatively licences are issued according to the amount of bullsiht we all talk that would account for our A licence

Lim till i die
19/02/2008, 2:07 PM
licences are issued according to the amount of bullsiht we all talk that would account for our A licence

Suddenly the League of Ireland makes sense

Longfordian
19/02/2008, 2:54 PM
Town were awarded a Premier Division Licence according to www.ltfc.ie

blue til i die
19/02/2008, 3:15 PM
We got ours too!
http://www.waterford-united.ie/nextpage.php?subaction=showfull&id=1203422937&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

Mr A
19/02/2008, 3:39 PM
Finn Harps FC are delighted to confirm that the club has been awarded a premier license in all categories. FHFC would like to extent their thanks to Licensing Officer Christian Carbin and all those who helped make the application a success.

Harps also get premier license.

Martinho II
19/02/2008, 8:39 PM
lads quick question considering shels only qualified for a first division licence what happens if they get promoted?:confused:

Schumi
19/02/2008, 8:42 PM
lads quick question considering shels only qualified for a first division licence what happens if they get promoted?:confused:They'd have to get a premier licence next year or they wouldn't be promoted.

Buile Shuibhne
20/02/2008, 5:35 AM
They'd have to get a premier licence next year or they wouldn't be promoted.

As will all 10 teams in total who qualify - on the field - at the end of the 2008 season to go into the 2009 Premier Division

Raheny Red
20/02/2008, 8:33 AM
lads quick question considering shels only qualified for a first division licence what happens if they get promoted?:confused:

According to a post on our forum we only applied for the first division license.

higgins
20/02/2008, 9:40 AM
Yes, Shelbourne only applied for a first division licence.
Next season we'll be applying for the premier one :)

Longfordian
20/02/2008, 11:05 AM
Have all clubs come through the process? Rumour had it yesterday that one First Division club was in bother. It wasn't us for a change.The only ones that don't seem to have confimed the award are Wexford, Dundalk and Fingal or did Fingal already have theirs?

eelmonster
20/02/2008, 11:53 AM
Have all clubs come through the process? Rumour had it yesterday that one First Division club was in bother. It wasn't us for a change.The only ones that don't seem to have confimed the award are Wexford, Dundalk and Fingal ...

Dundalk got a Premier licence last year, no news from Oriel yet on the 08 licence though, wouldn't expect us to be in any (major) difficulties.

What's the news on United Park? Where will Drogs be playing next season?

Longfordian
20/02/2008, 12:10 PM
They got a Premier licence for United Park this year on condition that all matches are all ticket according to Aertel

Buile Shuibhne
20/02/2008, 12:15 PM
from www.eircomloi.ie

All eircom League of Ireland clubs receive licences

The Football Association of Ireland’s Club Licensing Committee has awarded licences to all 22 eircom League of Ireland clubs for the 2008 season.

All 12 Premier Division clubs have received Premier Division licences, as have three clubs in the First Division who fulfilled the criteria for a Premier Division licence. The remaining seven clubs, including Sporting Fingal, have been awarded First Division licences.

Although St. Patrick’s Athletic were awarded a licence, this was subject to the club submitting further information to the Club Licensing Committee within an agreed timeframe. A financial sanction was also imposed on the club.

All clubs have been notified of the Club Licensing Committee’s decision. Clubs have the right to appeal decisions to the Club Licensing Appeals Body.

The Club Licensing Committee has already awarded “A” Championship licences last November to the new clubs that will be joining the eircom League this season.

John83
20/02/2008, 12:59 PM
Although St. Patrick’s Athletic were awarded a licence, this was subject to the club submitting further information to the Club Licensing Committee within an agreed timeframe. A financial sanction was also imposed on the club.
Anyone know what this is about?

eelmonster
20/02/2008, 2:29 PM
They got a Premier licence for United Park this year on condition that all matches are all ticket according to Aertel

Cheers.

iceman
20/02/2008, 2:57 PM
Drogs have now met this condition and tickets will be on sale through Ticketmaster.

higgins
20/02/2008, 3:07 PM
All ticket because Drogheda were allowing too many people into the ground and this went against the fire officers stadium regulation figure ?

Sniffer
20/02/2008, 3:18 PM
All ticket because Drogheda were allowing too many people into the ground and this went against the fire officers stadium regulation figure ?

Never mind that, what about Pats, what's the story there?:)

Jerry The Saint
20/02/2008, 3:26 PM
Never mind that, what about Pats, what's the story there?:)

Pats have exceeded the total number of Brian Kerrs allowed by the FAI :(

Réiteoir
20/02/2008, 4:04 PM
Pats have exceeded the total number of Brian Kerrs allowed by the FAI :(

If you don't sort that out it could be Kerrtains for the club before the season even starts...