PDA

View Full Version : Small Squad

Estar
28/06/2003, 9:48 AM
Alan Keely out for a month and Purdy out for the Galway match as well. I would play Ben and Razzor as center backs (I know they are midfielders) they would do a solid job. Where will that leave our midfield, hopefully Zellor will start from the off. Can Britton play in the center of the park? Are Rodgers and Cotsy match fit?

Alan Keely is a massive loss for the next two or three games. Purdy has being in great form as well this season.

I still think we can get a result in Galway, they have not lost in the league for a long time in Terryland.

If we pick up more injuries our season could be in big trouble.:(

Countyman
01/07/2003, 11:50 AM
Britton has been released while Cotsy is on the transfer list.

Marc Webb is also gone.

The squad is thin on the ground.

I can see Daisy and Ben as centre halfs tonight with Scully and Cotsy/ Rogers in midfield. Zeller and Kelly could be on the wings.

I think McNevin is suspended (if not for galway then Harps).

Keely is the one player we could not afford to loose.

I am not hopeful of results in these 2 games.

Estar
02/07/2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Countyman
The squad is thin on the ground. I am not hopeful of results in these 2 games.

Britton has been released - Why?

Cotsy is on the transfer list. Please stay, good game last night.

Marc Webb is also gone. Where/to whom? (Never played a game for us?)

Out for the Finn Harps game:
Keely
Hutch
Mc Nevin (yellow card last night again)
Zellor

Doubts over:
Rodgers
Gorman (Got lumps kicked out of himself last night, no fear)

Have we 14 players?
Will Dykes make a come back against Harps and score the winner?:p

If we battle like we did last night, we won't be far off a victory :D

Countyman
02/07/2003, 12:04 PM
Jesus,
we are a bit short for the harps game now especially if Zeller is injured and McNevin out also.
What is the story with Jock? Is he on holidays or suspended?
Could see some U-21's drafted in.

Ah well we are 3 points better off than I thought we would be after the galway game.

Britton wasn't on a wage at the club as far as I know so i'd say it was a mutual decision. Didn't impress me much in his time here anyway.

We need to score first against Harps. Can't see us pulling one back if we have to chase these guys. Too often at home we give ourselves a lot to do.

A win would be great but 4 points from these 2 games would be an achievement after the suspensions and injuries.

all roads lead to station road on saturday!!!!

Estar
02/07/2003, 8:35 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
Jesus,
What is the story with Jock? Is he on holidays or suspended?

Britton wasn't on a wage at the club as far as I know so i'd say it was a mutual decision. Didn't impress me much in his time here anyway.

We need to score first against Harps. Can't see us pulling one back if we have to chase these guys. Too often at home we give ourselves a lot to do.

Jock is injured

Britton was a good midfield/defence player. Never did much wrong when I seen him. Had good games against Kilkenny and the Mons.

If Cobh can beat Harps we can. We can at least get an 0-0 result.
If we score first we could hammer them.