PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather in WWE?

jebus
18/02/2008, 12:24 PM
Yep apparantly Floyd Mayweather was at the WWE pay per view No Way Out last night and hit a returning Big Show with a few legit hooks to the nose. This is to set up a tag match at the upcoming WrestleMania wth Mayweather and Rey Mysterio Jr. taking on Big Show and someone else.

Not sure if Mayweather was meant to connect as much as he did with his hooks as bust Big Show pretty badly by all accounts, but either way I don't see why Mayweather is getting involved with the WWE at this point. I know Tyson did it, albeit in a non-wrestling role, and Ali did it as well, but at least when Ali did it pro-wrestling had some semblence of reality, but Mayweather is at the top of his game at the moment and doesn't need this. Tyson was finished in the ring when he appeared at WrestleMania 17 and needed the cash, but Mayweather hardly needs that, and it's not like The Money is looking to make a career out of pro-wrestling (at least I hope to God he isn't), it just seems like an odd move

MojoPin
18/02/2008, 1:54 PM
link

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=VwYXw8yjHZk

tetsujin1979
18/02/2008, 2:33 PM
I had heard Mayweather was looking to get into MMA, so I was surprised at this.

jebus
18/02/2008, 4:38 PM
Just heard De La Hoya is rumoured to be the Big Show's partner

redtildead
18/02/2008, 5:03 PM
Just heard De La Hoya is rumoured to be the Big Show's partner

My money would be on Shane McMahon to be his partner
Mysterio has a legit injury and is doubtful so plans could all change

jamie m
18/02/2008, 9:55 PM
mayweather scheduled to appear on raw so should know more about what might happen at wrestlemania after tonight

feo123
19/02/2008, 12:24 AM
bring back stone cold!! legend, he'll open up a can a whoop ass on everyone!!!

shakermaker1982
19/02/2008, 8:41 AM
it's all about the money, will pay for a few of his famous 'gambling' days!

paul_oshea
19/02/2008, 8:55 AM
i posted this link already in the fans forum under match banner, its better quality than the other one.

was good have to say, when he hit him, it was the quick left jab that actually did the damage though, not the right one.

jebus
19/02/2008, 8:57 AM
Well Mayweather accepted Big Show's challenge on Raw last night, so looks like it's gonna be Mayweather vs Big Show at WrestleMania

Just watched the segment there, jesus how fast are Mayweather's hands

paul_oshea
19/02/2008, 9:22 AM
interesting to see this fight....i mean what kind of a "fight" will it be. I didnt think it was that fast to be honest?! I think he only really got 2 proper shots in on him, the third one sliding off the side of his head....he was awful quick though getting in and out of the ring!!

jebus
19/02/2008, 9:29 AM
Well Big Show looks a lot slimmer so he'll be able to put in a faster pace match, so I guess it will be Floyd dancing with Show trying to catch him. Mysterio is out injured and De La Hoya turned down the chance (surprised given how big a fan of pro wrestling he is) so it's gonna be a singles match

here's Mayweather on RAW (http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/wwe%2Braw%2Bmayweather/video/x4fch2_big-show-floyd-mayweather-face-off_sport)

paul_oshea
19/02/2008, 10:43 AM
big show has water in his eyes there...thtats way better than the version i saw with the repeat. Id say he was meant to hit his face but not his nose and not so hard

im wondering it kinda looks real some of it....

jebus
19/02/2008, 11:18 AM
big show has water in his eyes there...thtats way better than the version i saw with the repeat. Id say he was meant to hit his face but not his nose and not so hard

im wondering it kinda looks real some of it....

well it's scripted obviously but Floyd probably doesn't know how to throw a wrestling punch yet, or else got himself a little too worked up and started throwing his usual hooks, either way Big Show ended up with a proper broken nose and a shiner :p

One thing that always annoys me about wrestling is this big man vs little man thing. I've met Big Show in real life (well said hello and shook his hand), and can confirm that a) his palm is the size of my face, and b) he could snap any man in half if he so wished and there would be nothing they could do about it, so even if Mayweather is the best boxer in the world he'd be no match for the Big Show

jamie m
19/02/2008, 11:55 AM
id say a lot of the pro-wrestlers are wary of geting involved with amatuers(in the wrestling sense) like mayweather because things like injuries happening, also the same with guys like the talentless khali, apparently most guys on the roster hate been involved in matches with him because of the risk involved

paul_oshea
19/02/2008, 1:12 PM
well it's scripted obviously but Floyd probably doesn't know how to throw a wrestling punch yet, or else got himself a little too worked up and started throwing his usual hooks, either way Big Show ended up with a proper broken nose and a shiner :p

One thing that always annoys me about wrestling is this big man vs little man thing. I've met Big Show in real life (well said hello and shook his hand), and can confirm that a) his palm is the size of my face, and b) he could snap any man in half if he so wished and there would be nothing they could do about it, so even if Mayweather is the best boxer in the world he'd be no match for the Big Show

did he get your autograph?!

boovidge
19/02/2008, 1:26 PM
big show would have to use one of those novelty pencils you used to get on piers :D

tetsujin1979
19/02/2008, 2:56 PM
This could be as bad as when LT wrestled Bam Bam Bigelow, or it could turn out like Tyson as the enforcer with Stone Cold.
Either way, it's just to increase buys for the Wrestlemania PPV - usually the biggest one of the year.

shakermaker1982
20/02/2008, 11:23 AM
I can't believe he is contemplating this. He's one of the best boxers of my generation and a hall of famer.... and he's going to clown around in the WWE, I can understand guys at the end of their careers and on the slide needing a quick pay cheque (Tyson banned and skint) but Mayweather is in his prime and big pay days await him. The WWE must be paying some serious $.

Aberdonian Stu
20/02/2008, 2:59 PM
Yeah but he keeps on trying to convince himself that he's quitting so he probably thinks he is at the end of his career, even though he'll probably have quite a few more fights yet.

bellavistaman
20/02/2008, 4:22 PM
his slaps on big show at the tim e were unreal, cant see the match being a 1 on 1 though surely not.

On a side note i hate when the wwe cant decide who to give a title shot it always ends up a ****ty triple threat. HHH Cena and Orton for the "gold", wont be too exciting i reckon.

paul_oshea
20/02/2008, 9:45 PM
its not himself he is trying to convince!

Dunny
20/02/2008, 10:02 PM
his slaps on big show at the tim e were unreal, cant see the match being a 1 on 1 though surely not.

On a side note i hate when the wwe cant decide who to give a title shot it always ends up a ****ty triple threat. HHH Cena and Orton for the "gold", wont be too exciting i reckon.

Of course it wont, It will be that tool Cena who wins as per ****ing usual.

bellavistaman
20/02/2008, 10:08 PM
ah id be a cena man meself, would be quite happy with hhh winning too though, not to fond of randy orton for some reason, he bugs the **** out of me, arrogant looking fooker.

DmanDmythDledge
20/02/2008, 10:10 PM
The Rumble winner always wins at WM.

Dunny
20/02/2008, 10:15 PM
IMO I would definatley rather see HHH champion again especially over Cena but tbh Im more interested in Undertaker this year, See if he can keep the streak going and gain the title or not.

boovidge
20/02/2008, 10:48 PM
he's just having a laugh and getting alot of money into the bargain!

jebus
21/02/2008, 2:05 PM
The Rumble winner always wins at WM.

Not this year I think, Cena passing up his shot at Mania for one at No Way Out (WWE's ideas getting progressively worse), was solely to get H into the main event, so I can see him pinning Orton for it. Looks like they are setting up HBK vs Flair for Flair's final match (thank God he is finally retiring)too

sadloserkid
21/02/2008, 4:25 PM
Can't stand Cena. Crap gimmick and average in the ring. Dynamite on the mic to give him his due but it's a damning indictment of the WWE's current standing that Vanilla Ice is basically their top dog.

jebus
21/02/2008, 5:55 PM
Let's face it, bar Santino the WWE hasn't much on offer these days, I'm watching more and more of TNA, simply for Angle, Christian and AJ Styles, although I still can't get used to that stupid ring of theirs

jamie m
21/02/2008, 6:59 PM
agree with previous quotes about cena,limited in ring ability, love when the crowd chants "you cant wrestle", think there is some talent that could be pushed a little more in wwe, mvp and mr kennedy been 2 of my favourites, kennedy apparently was on verge of major push before his drugs ban,

Poor Student
21/02/2008, 7:36 PM
id say a lot of the pro-wrestlers are wary of geting involved with amatuers(in the wrestling sense) like mayweather because things like injuries happening, also the same with guys like the talentless khali, apparently most guys on the roster hate been involved in matches with him because of the risk involved

He was involved in an incident in some developmental training session where a man actually died. I think they were practising spinebusters and the guy got concussed and they carried on, aggravating it and resulting in his death.

sadloserkid
23/02/2008, 12:52 PM
D.Lo Browne was another walking cliché whose slack carry on in the ring saw him paralyse Droz/Puke because he never bothered tucking his head in during a suplex.

jamie m
26/02/2008, 10:21 AM
mayweather to get 20 million dollars for wrestlemania appearance
http://sports.aol.com/fighting/story/_a/mayweather-to-wrestle-at-wrestlemania/20080225192609990001

jebus
26/02/2008, 11:54 AM
mayweather to get 20 million dollars for wrestlemania appearance
http://sports.aol.com/fighting/story/_a/mayweather-to-wrestle-at-wrestlemania/20080225192609990001

Jesus Christ no wonder the WWE are dropping development wrestlers like flies. If they don't pull in a big audience for that (I'm talking WM 17 & 23 levels) then there will be a lot of the undercard losing their jobs to pay for Mayweather's appearance. Still the card is shaping up nicely with and I think they might pull it off

H vs Orton vs Cena for the WWE Title
Edge vs Undertaker for World title
Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair in Flair's last match
Big Show vs Mayweather
Jericho vs Benjamin vs Jeff Hardy vs Kennedy vs 4 others in a ladder match

jamie m
26/02/2008, 12:05 PM
seems like a major high risk strategy for the wwe to put it mildly, at a time when tna and ufc are growing in popularity this could blow up in mcmahons face, still with hindsight mcmahon has made blunders before (remember XFL!) and recovered,

bennocelt
27/02/2008, 5:50 PM
Saw this today on youtube. Not a big fan of WWF but had to see what all the talk was about. Jesus Mayweather legs it out of the ring pretty quick after his sly punches . Looking at the two side by side i cant see how Mayweather would win, his outreach still wouldnt meet yer fellas chin

Poor Student
29/02/2008, 5:13 PM
Looking at the two side by side i cant see how Mayweather would win, his outreach still wouldnt meet yer fellas chin

He'll win if the bookers decide so.

John83
29/02/2008, 5:16 PM
Saw this today on youtube. Not a big fan of WWF but had to see what all the talk was about. Jesus Mayweather legs it out of the ring pretty quick after his sly punches . Looking at the two side by side i cant see how Mayweather would win, his outreach still wouldnt meet yer fellas chin
Am I right in thinking that the low blow is legal in WWE? If so, I'd give up before letting a professional boxer give me a non-surgical vasectomy.

Dunny
29/02/2008, 5:20 PM
Am I right in thinking that the low blow is legal in WWE? If so, I'd give up before letting a professional boxer give me a non-surgical vasectomy.

Nope, its illegal.

tetsujin1979
29/02/2008, 7:05 PM
He'll win if the bookers decide so.
Just on that, a new lad moved into my house recently, and he's a big WWE fan. So big, in fact, that he thinks it's real. He spent about 10 minutes one day trying to convince me that the reason WWE aren't coming to Dublin is because they thought Finlay would be attacked in Dublin because he is Protestant! The real reason is that the Point is unavailable.
Anyway, just before the last PPV, we were arguing over whether or not you can bet on the outcomes of bouts, I'm convinced there's no way you could because the matches are rigged (he refused to believe the winner is predetermined too!) so if the name of the winner got out, the bookies would take a hammering.
To cut a short story long, do any of you know if there is any bookie who takes bets on WWE events?

Red4Eva
29/02/2008, 7:33 PM
in 2002 ladbrokes had a market for the rumble match. they had trips at 5/1 and took an absolute battering. i'm sure someone got fired over that because he was an absolutely certainty to win. i seen some american bookie had odds on a ppv last year but odds were pretty sensible, like 1/12 for obvious matches

Schumi
01/03/2008, 2:11 PM
Nope, its illegal.
Unless the ref is 'distracted'. :D

Morbo
03/03/2008, 10:58 AM
in 2002 ladbrokes had a market for the rumble match. they had trips at 5/1 and took an absolute battering

Was that the Rumble where trips had just come back from a long injury? If so then those were incredible odds as it seemed pretty obvious he would win it, just like it was obvious Cena would win it this year

bellavistaman
31/03/2008, 3:12 AM
well mayweather won, very surprisingly took a bit of a battering too in all fairness, big show stood on him few times, has to be sore, mayweathers punch with "the brass knucks" was lethal although i doubt how "brass" the knucks were, all in all good nights work for 20mil.

Risteard
31/03/2008, 5:09 AM
Here
A big finishing punch
jfXvQwrXAaI
Funny how peeved off the one recording it is.
Quite clearly, Mayweather is not a faggot like.

gilberto_eire
31/03/2008, 9:39 PM
Just watched it there on Youtube, was extremely boring ended up flicking through most of it, he did'nt even hit him with that punch at the end(although they don't really hit each other anyway) was clearly an amateurs punch. Have to say the match did'nt live up to the hype.

bellavistaman
31/03/2008, 11:36 PM
i enjoyed it anyway

Sam_Heggy
01/04/2008, 11:07 AM
i enjoyed it anyway

April fools?

bellavistaman
01/04/2008, 1:00 PM
April fools?

what ya call me:D