PDA

View Full Version : LTFC not in Bulgaria...

Pauro 76
21/08/2001, 5:29 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Right it goes like this, Town team and Quick Nip faction boys still stranded in Dublin Airport waiting for a flight that was meant to leave at 8 am in this morning. Couldnt get through on crappy net machines in airport, that baldy p r i c k of a rep seems to have p i s s e d off on us, and the flight that was meant to leave at 8 am, will now leave at 11 pm. A whole
f u c k i n g nite wasted with the lack of communication between Town officials and tour organisers alike. Thats a 14 hour delay..... hopefully this complete mess gets sorted out. Any word on reports back in Longford? This is from everyone in this group, who echo these "sentiments"........

Pauro 76
21/08/2001, 5:35 PM
And also Sorbo god bless him is very tired......

Macy
21/08/2001, 5:37 PM
Well it hasn't made the TodayFM sports news yet. As if it wasn't enough money to spend on the trip without this messing.....

sorbothegreek
21/08/2001, 5:37 PM
pouring coffe into me in the vain hope of beating this terrible afflication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pauro 76
21/08/2001, 5:38 PM
Sorry about the waste of valuable web space, but we're f u c k i n g bored here, oh the agony of being f u c k i n g stranded.... Ha ha censors beat that hey!!!!

pete
21/08/2001, 5:44 PM
Longford Town's UEFA match in doubt
Filed at: 02:43 PM

Longford Town's first foray on European soil is now in doubt after the team's scheduled departure from Dublin was delayed until tonight. The Midlanders take a 1-1 draw to Bulgaria for tomorrow's UEFA Cup qualifying round second leg tie with the Bulgarian Cup winners Levoch. However, the tie has been seriously jeopardised by an airline delay which sees the team and officials stranded at a Dublin hotel.

A party of 150 were due to leave Dublin on a flight for the Bulgarian capital of Sofia at 8.00am this morning, but the party are not expected to leave until after 9.00pm this evening. Town manager Stephen Kenny has reportedly taken his players to a Dublin hotel for the rest of the day. A spokesman for the Longford Town club said the travelling party now hoped to leave Dublin Airport later tonight.

It is understood the plane which was due to fly the squad to Bulgaria developed technical problems after leaving Sofia, but a replacement airline will depart for Dublin at around 5.30pm this evening. It is expected to leave Dublin tonight at 9.30pm.

The team will now miss tonight's scheduled training session in Bulgaria as a result of the delay.

Filed by Shane Murray

Typical overstatement by RTE? How could the game be in doubt given its on thursday?

BTW won't put the hex on ye by predicting a result ;)

Sinéad
21/08/2001, 8:05 PM
Lads, my heart goes out to ye and to my Daddy......If ye read this before I go tell him I said HI!!!
Its all over Shannonside, INN and my sources tell me that Garreth O' Callaghan is on his way out (or has he been there???) Ya never what might come out of this......

Anyways, keep the flag flying!!
Talk to ya all soon!!

Xlex
21/08/2001, 8:16 PM
Sinéad, Don't worry about your dad or the rest, they are in the pub, ****ed!!

So what was all that chat about the cheap Bulgarian booze?? Guess the difference equates to a few in the airport. So the footballers get a hotel and you guys get a cheep no good coffee machine filled with the finest ground coffee in Ballymun and watching sh!te airport tv with no sound... Is the airport full of Tanned scantly clad ladies fresh back from Hols..... Cause then I'ld be missing it.... ah sh!it

dinny
22/08/2001, 9:35 AM
lads what a complete and utter f u c k up, I'm here at the moment in Bulgaria. Pauro even you could score over here !!!! there are 11 on the 747 trip most of them are not even football supporters never mind Town supporters

Drink is about 75p a bottle

log on later on

Dinny

Leonard
22/08/2001, 11:06 AM
Longford plans upset as flight is cancelled
By Paul Buttner

22/08/01: Longford Town’s preparations for tomorrow night's UEFA Cup, qualifying round, second leg with Liteks Lovech of Bulgaria were in chaos last night after their chartered Balkan Airlines aircraft failed to arrive following a day of waiting, leaving them stranded at Dublin airport.

The team and officials will try to get to Bulgaria on an 8 a.m. flight via Budapest this morning, if enough seats are available. Scheduled to fly out to Sofia at 8 a.m. yesterday morning, the Longford party of 122 people, including the team and supporters, were told they would leave Dublin at 10.30 p.m. last night. By around 7 p.m. last evening it transpired the Balkan Airlines flight was cancelled and frantic calls were made to charter another aircraft but to no avail.

Tour operator, Emerald Hospitality of Dublin, blamed Balkan Airlines for the mess.

Longford manager, Stephen Kenny, was admirably calm about the whole situation. "It's far from ideal, but there is nothing we can do about it. I can't fault the club. They have tried to do things the right way."
__________________________________________________ __

I would have preferred if Stephen Kenny had been remarkably angry, surprising the Times reporter by kicking him repeatedly and swearing a lot, muttering how "those ****ing American should have bombed the **** out of Bulgaria while they were at it." Would have made a better story, if not necessarily solving anything.
Best of luck to the Town when/if they get there.

Sinéad
22/08/2001, 1:52 PM
Well, what can I say Lads.....

A complete DISASTER........I can't imagine how ye are feeling.......

:(

Pauro 76
22/08/2001, 3:07 PM
Well lads sickened is not the word! We had the choice to pay £500 for a flight over at 8 am this morning, but couldnt afford it. Being fleeced once is bad enough. Sorbo, An Rock, MartyStapo and myself are in Maynooth getting over it, traveling to Galway for a major **** up. Hols ruined, hopes shattered, what a complete and utter disgrace. Emerald "Hospitality" should hang their heads in shame for ruining our great expedition. We can only think of what might have been... Dinny have yourself a great time, and bring one or two back for us... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pauro 76
22/08/2001, 3:08 PM
Anyone who did get over there, write back to us and let us know how the preparations are getting on.... Vocal support in Bulgaria is now non-existenet...

dinny
22/08/2001, 6:34 PM
Sorry for the real fans, 3 lads from the Leb from the mahon have just arrived. I feel really sick for you lads at home who are true fans of the club. The lads have gone to Lovech, i'm locked.

Aplogies again
Dinny

dinny
22/08/2001, 6:36 PM
lads

there will be 30 fans from LTFC at the most,of 747 are not real fans

James
22/08/2001, 6:55 PM
well done to those of you that made it over to bulgaria, and what a f u c k up for those that got left behind. Best of luck to Longford anyway and give me hell out there