PDA

View Full Version : Danny O'Leary

blue til i die
17/02/2008, 6:26 PM
heard he was with Athlone, any opinions of him??

forza rovers
17/02/2008, 6:28 PM
heard he was with Athlone, any opinions of him??did he not retire

blue til i die
17/02/2008, 6:46 PM
well he played for us yestersday so doesn't seem like he did. anybody know anything about him??

atfconline
17/02/2008, 7:22 PM
That's strange. The reason he came to us in the first place was to be closer to his home in Sligo. He was with Kildare before us.

blue til i die
17/02/2008, 7:48 PM
That's strange. The reason he came to us in the first place was to be closer to his home in Sligo. He was with Kildare before us.

any idea where he's from?? or lives??

Battery Rover
17/02/2008, 7:50 PM
From Sheffield but lives in Sligo

stann
17/02/2008, 8:06 PM
Only a guess but I'd say, seeing as he did indeed retire a while back as I'm sure I remember from on here, he's only helping us out for a couple of months until Ben Spicer returns from Oz. Doing a bit of part-time as it were. :)
I don't know his CV but would he have played with Cronin or Sean Francis at any stage? Maybe old muckers and that.

Battery Rover
17/02/2008, 8:09 PM
Not sure if he played with any of them. He retired due to his hands being broken that many times it was getting too much, He often played matches for us with broken fingers and saved us from many a bad defeat.

One of the true gentlemen in the game and will make friends down there easily.

deecay
17/02/2008, 10:16 PM
Nicest footballer you could meet,I was right beside him when he told my Dad over christmas that he had retired.Showed us his hands and how ****ed they were,said hes gona play junior football outfield in Sligo.He has a full-time job here

Kildare Lad
18/02/2008, 9:09 PM
Yeah he would have played with Cronin and Francis at Kildare County

deecay
19/02/2008, 3:52 PM
Hes gona train with us and travel to Waterford for games its looks like now

red metal
19/02/2008, 9:56 PM
ya Danny has signed for Waterford

gotaroundbetter
02/03/2008, 7:32 PM
Seems Danny can't sign for Waterford after all.

Cronin was on local radio saying Danny had signed previously for a junior club after leaving Athlone but had not played for them.
Cronin/the club supposidly sought clarification and were given the thumbs up, sent in his paper work and were turned down 2 hours before the window closed on Wednesday.
Hard to know if it's all as Cronin has said but if so someone in the league admin should be accountable:rolleyes:
Still as with the Noel Hunt episode a couple of years back you have to cross all the t's etc.:(

jebus
10/03/2008, 2:48 PM
Nicest footballer I've met, he's very much liked by the Limerick fans and I'm sorry to see him retire. Will miss the banter with him this year

deecay
13/03/2008, 1:26 PM
After he left Athlone,he signed for Carbury(a junior side in Sligo) and then signed for Waterford and played 2 pre-season friendlies.The FAI told Waterford theres some rule(might be the 3 club rule?) that dosent allow him to play for another 7 months

sadloserkid
14/03/2008, 12:59 PM
Can only echo the praise that others have meted out to him. Danny O'Leary is a top guy, especially compared to some of the ego (drink-driving or otherwise) that sulk about the league.

deecay
17/06/2008, 12:32 AM
Speaking of ex-Rovers players,was Padraig Moran released?

sligoman
17/06/2008, 12:50 AM
Speaking of ex-Rovers players,was Padraig Moran released?You were already told yes, that's why he was allowed play in the Legends match.