PDA

View Full Version : Rag Week FIFA 08 Competition

gufct
17/02/2008, 1:38 PM
See here http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/competitions/rag-week-fifa-08-competition.html

gilberto_eire
17/02/2008, 2:16 PM
Not trying to be smart but that doesnt apply to about 99% of us here. Need a studnet I.D to do that stuff!!!.

Shame, be nice if they done something like this for the fans and not for students from all around ireland who could'nt give a toss about the club!!

exiled_gufc_fan
17/02/2008, 5:18 PM
Not trying to be smart but that doesnt apply to about 99% of us here. Need a studnet I.D to do that stuff!!!.

Shame, be nice if they done something like this for the fans and not for students from all around ireland who could'nt give a toss about the club!!

Most students in NUIG would be from Galway, Mayo and other neighbouring counties. This is exactly the sort of thing United should be doing marketing wise - every extra bum on seat helps contribute towards the right calibre of player for the club, and is good long-term too - not unlike the banks, get the students to be associated with the club and they might just keep the interest when the student discounts no longer apply!

Galway based student fans living at home with the parents are just the sort of fan that can easily finish at noon on a Friday to go to an away game too. I remember doing so only too well! I don't think I missed too many away games while a student!

JC_GUFC
18/02/2008, 2:39 PM
Yeah bring back those student days...

One year in college I only missed 2 United games all season, 2 European ties, home and away against Derry! ;)

Sadly it's not quite the same now that I've a job but it looks as if I may have got myself Fridays off for the coming season. :)

Patrick Dunne
18/02/2008, 4:21 PM
Anything that promotes GUFC in the colleges is a good idea. I started going to United matches when I came to college in Galway.

GUST could look at some sort of a FIFA '08 competition, open to all - Foxes would be a good venue.

Tir Oilean
18/02/2008, 5:02 PM
Me and Saigon tried to set up a GUFC society in the RTC years ago.....We were the only members though!

gilberto_eire
18/02/2008, 5:08 PM
Anything that promotes GUFC in the colleges is a good idea. I started going to United matches when I came to college in Galway.

GUST could look at some sort of a FIFA '08 competition, open to all - Foxes would be a good venue.

Pro Evo is where the numbers are. Frig all interest in FIFA tbh, I could provide my PS3 for an event but an extra controller would need to be purchased?

Square Heir
18/02/2008, 9:40 PM
Pro Evo is where the numbers are. Frig all interest in FIFA tbh, I could provide my PS3 for an event but an extra controller would need to be purchased?

But you can be Galway Utd in Fifa!! :)
A League of Ireland fifa night between Utd fans would be deadly. I begs UCD ;)

gilberto_eire
19/02/2008, 2:09 AM
But you can be Galway Utd in Fifa!! :)
A League of Ireland fifa night between Utd fans would be deadly. I begs UCD ;)

Ya thats true thats the only reason the club are using FIFA, ive been on enough of the players bebo's before to see that they agree that Pro Evo is the game of choice!!.

FIFA has the rights and graphics, PES(PRO EVO) has the gameplay!!, I was at a few Pro Evo' tournaments arounf town a yr or two ago to know thats the way to go, FIFA tournies were rarely heard off.

The club are only using FIFA because the club are in it, i bet **** all of the players actually have it cause its a poor enough game!!

GuisaSaigon
19/02/2008, 10:06 AM
Fifa would make sense in foxes, a league of Ireland cup competition would be a good laugh . It might be a good GUST fundraiser.