PDA

View Full Version : Galway United 3 v Limerick 372

Tir Oilean
15/02/2008, 9:04 PM
Typical friendly really the first half had some good passing moves throughout the park from our point of view but it fizzled out as time went by and the team was disrupted by the half time subs.

Glynn battled hard for his goal beating three defenders (pretty much walked through them!) Russeller took his goal well good, strike of the ball and Stevo put away a peno in the second half. Lims seemed to get a few balls through the defence but were more often than not pulled back for offside. Their peno was pretty soft IMO. I missed their other goal.

It'll be pretty easy to pick a first eleven for TC I reckon as there are still a few that are not up to the Premier class just yet.

L37Ultra
15/02/2008, 9:10 PM
Any idea who scored all of Limerick's 372 goals? :D

Olander
15/02/2008, 9:16 PM
Any idea who scored all of Limerick's 372 goals? :DWayne Colbert scored 2

feo123
15/02/2008, 9:20 PM
Wayne Colbert scored 2

and vinny faherty scored 370 own goals

L37Ultra
15/02/2008, 9:26 PM
What were the two team starting line-ups?

Gaillimh Al
15/02/2008, 9:37 PM
Galway: Rouse, McCulloch(Charles 45), Fitzgerald, Noitmeer(Foley 45), Walsh(Conneelly 59), O'Shea(Tracey 45), Deegan(Keane 59), Lester, Russell(Robson 59), Leech(Faherty 59), Glynn(O'Flynn)

Limerick 37: Ryan, Gregg, Fogarty, Hughes, Danaher, J Grant(Ryan 59), S Grant, Colbert, Harrington, Cosgrove, Bruton

Goals:
Glynn 6, Russell 20, O'Flynn(pen) 88
Colbert 12,57(pen)

eamo1
16/02/2008, 12:09 AM
wasnt he number 13?thought he looked decent and much improved on last season,what about having him on the left and moving O.Brien to the right wing.derek could cut in field then and shoot more often.
was it just me or was the P.A system perfect tonight,cyrstal clear and not too loud-never thought id be typing those words:).
im not sure what to make of our pre-season games so far,worrying signs defensively but plus points too.i know they are only pre season games though.

Rovers fan
16/02/2008, 12:39 AM
and vinny faherty scored 370 own goals

no the 354th one definitely wasn't an o.g

gilberto_eire
16/02/2008, 12:51 AM
wasnt he number 13?thought he looked decent and much improved on last season,what about having him on the left and moving O.Brien to the right wing.derek could cut in field then and shoot more often.
was it just me or was the P.A system perfect tonight,cyrstal clear and not too loud-never thought id be typing those words:).
im not sure what to make of our pre-season games so far,worrying signs defensively but plus points too.i know they are only pre season games though.

I only made it for the second half and every time he touched the ball he lost it!!. Don't think he has improved at all since last season and won't feature much this season IMO!!

KoemansCC
16/02/2008, 3:04 AM
was it just me or was the P.A system perfect tonight,cyrstal clear and not too loud

PA sounded good, now if only I didn't have to listen to those Limerick hyenas, I suppose they had the last laugh on their big day out...oh wait :p

gufct
16/02/2008, 8:07 AM
just saw Vinnys video of the game and that must be the worst penalty decision ive ever seen and very funny to hear Mike Rafferty's reaction.Just wondering how did Kevin Walsh do?

Tribesman
16/02/2008, 12:23 PM
The Limerick penalty decision was one of the softest penalty decisions I have ever seen. Rouse clearly got the ball. The forward just ran over his outstretched leg after the interception. :eek:

Monkfish
16/02/2008, 12:37 PM
if only I didn't have to listen to those Limerick hyenas
I thought we were doing you a favour in drowning out the sound of the Leinster rugby types who came to the game.....hang on, that was you?
Still waiting for the hassle from 'the lads from the pub' as you put it cause we stuck a flag in 'your section' :rolleyes:

GenerationXI
17/02/2008, 10:12 AM
The Limerick penalty decision was one of the softest penalty decisions I have ever seen. Rouse clearly got the ball.

.....I agree Alvin did get the ball...out of the back of his net!

But seriously, I'm sure we'd all agree our goals were soft. That aside, I wasn't terribly impressed with United.

Martinho II
17/02/2008, 6:07 PM
hows gary deegan fareing in preseason so far lads?

feo123
17/02/2008, 6:11 PM
hows banana?

Tir Oilean
17/02/2008, 8:11 PM
Deegan is going well. Banana is slippery (pun intended). He was very hard done by with the penalty against Lims and that woeful backpass was responsible for the first but he wasnt exactly confidence inspiring. He's not going to trouble Rodgers anyway.

KoemansCC
17/02/2008, 8:54 PM
I thought we were doing you a favour in drowning out the sound of the Leinster rugby types who came to the game.....hang on, that was you?

Dressed in blue so I thought they were you...

Still waiting for the hassle from 'the lads from the pub' as you put it cause we stuck a flag in 'your section' :rolleyes:

Must be nice to have a stand to hang it off for a change...