PDA

View Full Version : Player Sponsorship

forza rovers
14/02/2008, 7:38 PM
what ever happened to player sponsership?with 21 players if it cost €500 to sponser a player for season it would be €10,500 exta just for putting the name of the sponser under a photo in the program for the year

sligo23
14/02/2008, 7:59 PM
what ever happened to player sponsership?with 21 players if it cost €500 to sponser a player for season it would be €10,500 exta just for putting the name of the sponer under a photo in the program for the year

where will we find these sponers???:D:D

forza rovers
14/02/2008, 8:00 PM
where will we find these sponers???:D:Din the press:D

feo123
14/02/2008, 8:01 PM
did they pay the players wages or pay for their gear or what?

forza rovers
14/02/2008, 8:05 PM
did they pay the players wages or pay for their gear or what?do jako not give them their gear for free?

sligo23
14/02/2008, 9:26 PM
in the press:D

well played:):p

Rory H
15/02/2008, 3:20 PM
Another idea could be to get a business to pay a players wages for a period of time, whether it'd be a month or a season. I know it would cost a good bit if you went to them telling of the potential of Boco or the likes of Coleman/Peers/Faz then I'm sure some would be interested. Expose it in the papers and programme etc then

Guts&Glory
18/02/2008, 12:07 AM
This has come up time and again yet the uptake has always been poor.

Even mentioned this the last two years to the club but no heed was taken.

I eagerly await the repsonse of Clubman to this one!!

Oh the silence is deafening, musnt be a bash the supporters who go to the Showgies day today.

Redzer
18/02/2008, 11:55 AM
This is a regular source of income for a lot of clubs.
It doesn’t take a lot of imagination to come up with a sponsorship package. For example,
The sponsor could receive an autographed jersey, which was worn by the player during the season.
Be listed on a special sponsorship page in each programme.
If the sponsor was a company, a single page profile of the company could be done in a match programme during the season.
The sponsors company could be announced over the PA system as the team is been named.
The company’s logo could be used alongside a picture of the player.
The company’s name and logo could be listed on our website.
The player could be available to the company for 1 or 2 days during the season for promotions etc.
A seat could be reserved. There are lots of little things that could be done.
Depending on the package, the cost of the sponsorship could vary between €500 & €1000.
It would be a better deal for the club than selling 15-year season tickets for SFA. It was obvious at the AGM that the members were not happy, and did not want the MC to sell our future for what is a very short-term gain.

clubman
18/02/2008, 12:31 PM
This is a regular source of income for a lot of clubs.
It doesn’t take a lot of imagination to come up with a sponsorship package. For example,
The sponsor could receive an autographed jersey, which was worn by the player during the season.
Be listed on a special sponsorship page in each programme.
If the sponsor was a company, a single page profile of the company could be done in a match programme during the season.
The sponsors company could be announced over the PA system as the team is been named.
The company’s logo could be used alongside a picture of the player.
The company’s name and logo could be listed on our website.
The player could be available to the company for 1 or 2 days during the season for promotions etc.
A seat could be reserved. There are lots of little things that could be done.
Depending on the package, the cost of the sponsorship could vary between €500 & €1000.
It would be a better deal for the club than selling 15-year season tickets for SFA. It was obvious at the AGM that the members were not happy, and did not want the MC to sell our future for what is a very short-term gain.

All good incentives in their own right but surely you're not thinking of offering them all together in the one package for a miserable 500/1000 euro?
Rovers hopefully will have 18 full time pros on their books come the start of the season. That's 18 sponsorship packages that have to be sold off. To make the deal worthwhile the club would need to be recouping 18,000 euro for the full package. Realistically to make the plan work to it's optimum the club would need to be to the good to the value of 90,000. It all comes back to the geographical position of the club. The northwest doesn't have the catchment area like the bigger clubs to pull in advertising revenue. The club has bled the local business comunity practically dry and that's the bottom line. Go to a business in Sligo and ask them for 1000 euro to sponsor a player and they'll laugh at you, don't believe me then pick one and try. The majority of business already help out in one way or another anyway beit being members of the 400 club, ground signage, golf classic, match sponsorship. Basically the well is dry.

Redzer
19/02/2008, 9:59 AM
Basically the well is dry.

This is just 2 shopping centres in town. How many of these names are familer to the Showgrounds?

http://www.johnstoncourt.ie/stores.asp

http://www.quayside.ie//html/directory.html

biscuit
19/02/2008, 1:43 PM
Goin gaway from player sponsership a little...another decent idea.

If you were to get a fund raising initiative going weekly in pubs around the town. A chart with lets say 50 spaces for names could be drawn up. Each space could cost say 5 e. Each week there will be a draw with one number pulled and the winner recieves <insert prize here > ... maybe tickets to a game etc.... if you got as many pubs do put one up behind the bar as possible,and im sure most wont have any objectiions,it could be a nice little earner. say hypothetically you fill even 10 cards, thats about 2500 per week. I know it might have its flaws but i just thought it might be something that could be worked on and would be a little earner alongside the lotto.
Also is it true Boco will be on E1500 per week?:ball:

Rovers1
20/02/2008, 7:41 PM
the player sponsor scheme is back from this month on

red arrow
20/02/2008, 8:36 PM
good idea biscuit. go ahead and do it. im not being smart here i am currently helping club out with lotto plus and we are getting funds in but this money is being used to pay outstanding bills from last year. some very good ideas here but we need those people with the ideas to execute them. will you take it on ? will some people give you a hand to take it on. we will wait and see.

biscuit
21/02/2008, 9:12 AM
red arrow i would - but my new career path will see me generally unavailable for the next 6-9 months:eek:. I can give a detailed descripton to anyone who ants to try and run withit though!