PDA

View Full Version : Development issues.

Redzer
13/02/2008, 12:40 PM
We are falling way behind other stadiums in the region, never mind the whole league.
Finn Harps are building a new stadium
Derry is undergoing major renovations.
Galway has a superbly finished ground.
Longford have the same.
Athlone have a new stadium
There are numerous projects started but nothing finished. I believe another “building” has started where the old toilets were.
Heres a few things I can think off, I'm sure theres a lot more.

The playing pitch, despite the amount of work carried out is terrible. It is probably one of the worst in the league,
The Blue Stand has large sections unsafe for the public to use.
The town is crying out for car parking space. Our car park is not yet open to the public.
Floodlighting on one side of the grounds is rubbish.
The underfoot conditions for supporters, all over the stadium is a disgrace, and extremely dangerous.
The new entrance is not yet completed.
We have no proper outlet for merchandise.
Piles of clay and rubble are an eyesore if nothing else.
The destruction of the Shed End terrace, with a plan to replace the old terrace with a new terrace. Is that progress?
The lack of toilets for the away supporters.
The lack of a segregated area for away supporters.
Boundary wall still has no grounds name
Mark Brindley memorial still to be erected.
New stand still without side sheeting.
Timber planks are in place for seating at the rear of the new stand, for how long?
Why, after so many years, we still have not completed the “NEW” stand.
No permanent barriers between car park and the grounds, with proper entrance turnstiles,
No emergency lighting.
No scoreboard.
The list goes on and on.
Time to stop the madness: GALLAGHER OUT.

neutrino
13/02/2008, 12:47 PM
Time to stop the madness: GALLAGHER OUT.

Your post is spot on. A good list there for anybody to see what needs to be done. RG needs to leave - he does nothing at the club only hold us back - he's not even an elected representative. The fact the MC can appoint their own 'Development Commitee' makes a mockery out of yearly elections. The MC stand still yet they still want to run the club - but they are the only ones that will do it (or so I'm led to believe) Is there actually anybody in Sligo willing to put together a group to go in en-mass via an EGM. Only new personnel in a reformed structure can give us any hope of a starting point to solve the many many vast issues we have at the club.

Red4Eva
13/02/2008, 12:58 PM
i remember singing gallagher out at a pre-season game 11 years ago. how in the name of **** is he still there when every1 has known he's holding the club back? kilkenny were run by one man for so long and they managed to have a nice tidy ground. we have a field with a nice stand beside it and the rest looks like it was bombed

akearins
15/02/2008, 10:19 AM
Well said Redzer, when put like that we have **** loads to do.

One thing that serioulsy bothered me at the AGM was the €20,000 loan given to the development committee to finish the all weather pitch.

Basically for anyone who was not at the AGM the management committee gave the development committee a loan of €20k which has been agreed will be paid back.

Now in the accounts there was a figure for RENT and from my understanding when the team trains on the all weather pitch the managemnt committee have to pay the development committee.

So is it a case that say the managemnt committee pay the development committee say €500 to use the pitch.Then this is used to repay some of the loan.So the management committe are simply getting there own money back.Then the same say €500 is again paid when the team use the pitch and again then the same €500 is paid back to managemnht committee.
Then who is paying the loan???????????
Would it not have been easier to juts give the money to finish the pitch.

How is the loan going to be paid back when the development committee have no source of income?

Is the income from the all weather pitch being used to pay back this loan?

Is income form the all weather pitch going to the development committee and not the management committee,didnt see any figures stating what was the income form the all weather pitch?

Also Oliver Davy pointed out many tasks that were due to be carried out that are costing the club valuable revenue.Car park had been estimated to bring in €80,000 p.a, paying for porta loos that cost club €7000 p.a when developmet committee stated they would have built them 2 years earlier.

he did also say and "Individual" seeminly vetoed these and other tasks which went against management committee decisions.

This cannot continue

Red4Eva
15/02/2008, 10:45 AM
he did also say and "Individual" seeminly vetoed these and other tasks which went against management committee decisions.

does anyone on the mc actually support the said individual? cook has admitted he's a problem, we hate him and now big olly is pointing the finger

red_away
15/02/2008, 11:32 AM
I am as fed up with the situation in the showgies as everyone else but a few simple facts remain.

1. RG may not be getting things done as we would have liked but who will step into his "obviously" inadequate shoes, dont answer unless you are putting your name forward or have a candidate in mind!

2. Every one on this forum complains incessantly but how many are actively involved in improving our club on a regular basis? I see that some of the contributors are doing stellar work in the face of huge frustration but there seems to be a huge amount of 'Just Whingeing". I, personally, am more guilty than most.

3. "loans to the Development committee" - whilst on the face of it seems a strange concept but there are highly qualified professional(chartered accountants) people who were at the AGM and obviously didnt have an issue with this method of financial manipulation so i am presuming that there is a method to the madness but if not everyone is quite right to complain. Did no one question this at the AGM if they were unsure?

I dont know where we go from here but as has been stated earlier all our neighhbour have moved up the property ladder and i would like to see Rovers do the same but NOT at the cost of moving from the showgrounds!!!!

Redzer
15/02/2008, 12:19 PM
Another item that caught my eye at the AGM was that the committee loans has gone up from 89K to 221K.
Who has been paying the builder, groundsman etc all year? Does this mean that as we have no development accounts. an " individual" could pocket a large portion of any grant received, in lieu of money owed?
I also wonder about the legality of issuing the accounts to members on the night. It gives us very little time to look at the figures. And as a result to ask questions.

sligoman
15/02/2008, 1:32 PM
does anyone on the mc actually support the said individual?Noel McCloat does anyway.