PDA

View Full Version : Rambo

beautifulrock
12/02/2008, 4:45 PM
Well I know I will get a rollicking from the serious movie goers but I am looking forward to it, cant believe that it was 1982 that John first appeared in First Blood.

Getting decent reviews on IMDB.

Will review here when I get to see it :)

Block G Raptor
13/02/2008, 10:18 AM
Trailer Here (http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/19/john-rambo-iv-feature-trailer/)

Looking forward to it myself. a lot of people tend to forget that First Blood was a really great movie. I think that the one man against the world theme in FBII and RamboIII destroyed the character created by David Morell in the initial novel. the new one looks to be going back towards the John Rambo from FB, and if for no other reason than nostalgia I'll go and see it

centre mid
13/02/2008, 10:20 AM
Apparently someone gets killed every 23 seconds on average in this new flick. Story line & character development not needed so.

shakermaker1982
13/02/2008, 11:10 AM
Don't expect Rambo to do much killing/fighting. Apparently he has a crew with him to do all those bad deeds whilst he just stands there with his zimmer frame. 2 stars in Empire/Total film already so the prospects aren't looking too good.

Wolfie
13/02/2008, 12:44 PM
..... Apparently he has a crew with him to do all those bad deeds whilst he just stands there with his zimmer frame.

Is part of the plot that John Rambo is hired in a Bobby Robson style consultancy capacity?

Aberdonian Stu
13/02/2008, 1:12 PM
From everything I've seen to this point they appear to have completely ignored the opportunity to go back to First Blood's style and are sticking with the crazed killing machine of the other two.

It's a pity as I think they could have made an interesting film out of it if they'd taken the Rocky Balboa route and look at how a guy that old handles situations like this, relying on skills more than strength.

shakermaker1982
13/02/2008, 5:48 PM
Is part of the plot that John Rambo is hired in a Bobby Robson style consultancy capacity?

you've got it in one :D God help the guy who plays the Stan role!!

Bluebeard
13/02/2008, 6:05 PM
Trailer Here (http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/19/john-rambo-iv-feature-trailer/)

Looking forward to it myself. a lot of people tend to forget that First Blood was a really great movie. I think that the one man against the world theme in FBII and RamboIII destroyed the character created by David Morell in the initial novel. the new one looks to be going back towards the John Rambo from FB, and if for no other reason than nostalgia I'll go and see it

As a connoisseur of dodgy flicks, I for one am anticipating it. The first one had merit and I would imagine that the book was quite good. the following two really altered the notion of the character to optimise the name and blood shed. Consequently they were huge hits. The third is hysterical - set in Afghanistan, and his boss has theis gloriously appropriate speech about the nobility of the Afghan people - essential viewing for the post invasions world.

Bondvillain
14/02/2008, 1:42 AM
Well, that was an hour and a half of my life Im never getting back. :mad:

35 minutes of 'apocalypse' now' done by the producers of "The Roaring Twenties" (Yes. It's that bad) then 55 minutes of stereotypes shooting at each other.

Hey! It's that guy with the mad eyes who was in "Coronation Street" as a mercenary!

(Yes, You too will have time to play "spot the z lister" when watching this! ...) It's no 'Rocky Balboa' , that's for damn sure.

I saw it for free, and I STILL wanted my damn money back.

Coming soon : Tango & Cash 2 - Protect the President's Monkey!

Arsewax of the highest order.

Wolfie
14/02/2008, 8:46 AM
Well, that was an hour and a half of my life Im never getting back. :mad:

35 minutes of 'apocalypse' now' done by the producers of "The Roaring Twenties" (Yes. It's that bad) then 55 minutes of stereotypes shooting at each other.

Hey! It's that guy with the mad eyes who was in "Coronation Street" as a mercenary!

(Yes, You too will have time to play "spot the z lister" when watching this! ...) It's no 'Rocky Balboa' , that's for damn sure.

I saw it for free, and I STILL wanted my damn money back.

Coming soon : Tango & Cash 2 - Protect the President's Monkey!

Arsewax of the highest order.

You seem a little non-committal on your views of the move there, Bondvillain. Are you trying to tell us it might not be that great? :)

DIFChick
20/02/2008, 3:27 PM
What Bondvillain said.
If you're going to waste your money on this then wait until it is released on DVD.

Saint MacDara
20/02/2008, 3:37 PM
Ive noticed that some trailers for Rambo on TV are followed by British army recruitment ads.

deecay
21/02/2008, 4:39 PM
2.62 people killed a minute,whens it out?

Aberdonian Stu
22/02/2008, 9:33 AM
Today.

anto1208
26/02/2008, 10:24 AM
Can wait to see it wanted to see it sunday but was convinced to go to no country for old men which was a massive dissapointment after all the hype.
Might watch Rambo tonight

anto1208
28/02/2008, 8:43 AM
Its brilliant ! i loved it if your not worried about good scripting acting story or realisim and just like stuff getting shot and blown up you ll enjoy it.

I cant believe people went to see rambo and where dissapointed.

beautifulrock
29/02/2008, 3:56 PM
Right have seen it as well and quite enjoyed it, you have to go with the right mindset i.e mindless and no real storyline :)

harpstilidie
03/03/2008, 7:14 PM
I loved it! Great film! Pure madness! Only problem with it was it was a little bit on the short side.

deecay
03/03/2008, 10:36 PM
Only problem with it was it was a little bit on the short side.
Thats what a male friend of mine said about a certain part of Sligoman:o