PDA

View Full Version : Pre Season friednlies

thedoyler
28/01/2008, 9:13 PM
Terrible 1 nil loss on a shocking pitch. Players look overweight and sluggish, cant really take too much from that game tbh only thats its a run out.

dublinwanderer
28/01/2008, 9:43 PM
what was the team? any positives from the game???
why was it played in rathnew of all places...

thedoyler
28/01/2008, 10:05 PM
Skippy
Ivory Daz Kenny Cronin
Kavanagh Whelan Pender McCabe
Myler Franco

Ill try remember Subs! McCabe got a knock and Duggan replaced him.
Craig Hyland came on for Skippy.
Emeka on for Franco.
Some trialist from Pats came on for Myler.

The official reason for rathnew is that the pitch is having work done on it, but why monaghan were forced to travel an extra half hour for such a bad surface beats me.
The only positive is that i suppose its a run out, and much needed fitness for the lads. It doesnt look like theyve been back for 3 weeks of 'intensive' training.
Lets just hope McCabe's knock isnt too serious.

Magicme
28/01/2008, 10:31 PM
Can you confirm the squad? With real names!!!! Just doing up a bit of a report and would like to know who was on the Bray team.

Thanks.

thedoyler
29/01/2008, 9:58 AM
Skippy=Chris O'Connor
Daz=Colm Tresson
Franco=Andrei Georgescu

Didnt recognise 2 lads one was a trialist from pats asked our coach and he said he thought his first name was ian if that helps....

Grasshopper 99
29/01/2008, 3:26 PM
Duggan started, ronan Ivory came on for the injured McCabe. His injury didnt look too bad, think he just jarded his knee.

Magicme
29/01/2008, 6:15 PM
Meh cant be bothered with your squad now. Sure now that we have beaten you, you mean nothing to me!

:D

braysnumber1
30/01/2008, 1:15 PM
the starting team was

Chris O'Connor
Pender Tresson Kenny Cronin
Kavanagh Whelan Duggan McCabe
Myler Franco

Subs:
hyland for o'connor,
ivory for mccabe
emeka for franco
eh i didnt know any off the others who came on.....

hope mccabes injury isnt too serious, as we dont exactly have to much cover in midfieldd at the moment

bad performance, pitch crap, but we have to shake the cobwebs off some how!!!

to hard to say if mon were any good as bray were so bad

KR's Post
31/01/2008, 8:15 AM
:eek:Tradition in Bray. never play well in Pre Season!

KR's Post
31/01/2008, 9:06 AM
Terrible 1 nil loss on a shocking pitch. Players look overweight and sluggish, cant really take too much from that game tbh only thats its a run out.

Did you see the match report in the Bray People? is a child writing these articles? Very poor. Called Monaghan Town instead of United. Missing at least 5 subs from each team! And 2 he has are wrong anyway. The Focus Match on the Wicklow league is appaliing journalism i must say!

Seagull
31/01/2008, 2:15 PM
Did you see the match report in the Bray People? is a child writing these articles? Very poor. Called Monaghan Town instead of United. Missing at least 5 subs from each team! And 2 he has are wrong anyway. The Focus Match on the Wicklow league is appaliing journalism i must say!

Why are you still reading the Bray People??

KR's Post
01/02/2008, 8:12 AM
Why are you still reading the Bray People??

Why? Well not for long. Was just curious and i was comparing the 2 papers!! My fiance buys it so thats why i read it!:mad:

Grasshopper 99
01/02/2008, 8:29 AM
well there are some articles in the Bray people that are not in the Wicklow News. Not many though.

Roo69
09/02/2008, 3:39 PM
Gavin Whelan got the winner.

dublinwanderer
09/02/2008, 6:19 PM
what was the team?

Seagull-4-life
10/02/2008, 4:00 PM

KR=Paul Dowling.

It's obviously you and yes they do have a child writing them he's only 18 and he's in college during the week.
Only works at the weekends give the lad a break.
Met him at a match today he's dead on.

Martinho II
10/02/2008, 6:55 PM
why was kevin doherty not playing?

Seagull
10/02/2008, 7:13 PM
Why can't that be put on the club website??? Who the hell runs (or doesn't) that thing?

Grey Boy
11/02/2008, 8:16 AM
Why can't that be put on the club website??? Who the hell runs (or doesn't) that thing?

Surely this ones for you to deal with Anthony. The first point of reference for any fan from any club is the official website. While I'm sure we all appreciate the voluntary work that goes into it, it's hopelessly out of date far too often. I now come here (or Aertel) to find out all my information first like the Limerick result. Can you do something about this or whose remit does it fall under?

Hulsey
11/02/2008, 10:35 AM
There were a lot of players out. Cawley and Delaney didn't feature either. Probably down to work commitments

KR's Post
11/02/2008, 12:43 PM
KR=Paul Dowling.

You couldn't be more wrong. Ask DW, Grasshopper....

Seagull-4-life
12/02/2008, 8:40 AM
Ok mate maybe you're not but then you just love Wicklow News!
I'm not denying the sports in it is better, it is, I'm just saying there's no need to be abusing the young lad...he's only been a journalist for like 3 months

Seagull-4-life
12/02/2008, 9:58 AM
Gav Whelan with the goal again

DRDoc
12/02/2008, 10:59 AM
Any one out there be able to fill in the blanks for me from last nights game?

Goals?

Right back?
Doherty
Delaney
Cronin

Paddy Kav
Duggan
Tresson
Left wing no 14?

Franco
forward no 19?

Thanks in advance

Had a look at the bray website but no team line up on it?? :mad::confused::rolleyes:

KR's Post
12/02/2008, 3:07 PM
Ok mate maybe you're not but then you just love Wicklow News!
I'm not denying the sports in it is better, it is, I'm just saying there's no need to be abusing the young lad...he's only been a journalist for like 3 months

Maybe you're him! And i didn't was abuse him! As you said he is still a kid. Yes i do like the Wicklow News cos the SPORTS IS BETTER, don't care much about the rest of it. The Bray People is a GAA paper, simple as that.....

Grey Boy
12/02/2008, 3:54 PM
Come clean KR. You're always banging on about how great the Wicklow news is and how crap the Bray people is. You definitely have an agenda.

dublinwanderer
13/02/2008, 9:35 AM
Any one out there be able to fill in the blanks for me from last nights game?

Goals?

Right back?
Doherty
Delaney
Cronin

Paddy Kav
Duggan
Tresson
Left wing no 14?

Franco
forward no 19?

Thanks in advance

Had a look at the bray website but no team line up on it?? :mad::confused::rolleyes:

team line up now on website..
left wing was john flood and john broderick played up front

KR's Post
13/02/2008, 11:16 AM
Come clean KR. You're always banging on about how great the Wicklow news is and how crap the Bray people is. You definitely have an agenda.

Come clean on what?? I'm hiding nothing:)

dublinwanderer
24/02/2008, 6:41 PM
bet sporting fingal 2-1 today. not the most convincing wins but its a good habit to get into.

Team was; Gavin McInerney???, Ivory(Pender), Doherty, Kenny, Cronin, Kavanagh, Cawley (McCabe), Whelan, Duggan, Myler (Flood), Emeka (Mulroy). Other subs were made, i either cant remeber or dont know the lads who came on!!!!!!

have to say robbie doyle looked sharp up front for fingal, wud have been a decent signing if we got him back imo.

Seagull
24/02/2008, 7:19 PM
have to say robbie doyle looked sharp up front for fingal, wud have been a decent signing if we got him back imo.

Good of him to gift us a goal with that 'back pass'!

bray boy
24/02/2008, 9:22 PM
he wore tights simple as

Seagull
24/02/2008, 9:31 PM
he wore tights simple as

....:D

Seagull-4-life
25/02/2008, 4:13 PM
Watched the second half just...terrible match but a few players did ok...can't wait for the big kick off now

Bray Head
29/02/2008, 9:54 AM
Anyone know what time the Kildare game is on Sunday. Web site has 3pm but Aertel has 12.00.

Seagull-4-life
29/02/2008, 11:15 AM
It's 3pm definitely

dublinwanderer
29/02/2008, 1:25 PM
yeah should be good team put out on sunday as its the last pre-season game. hope to get a few goals to get a bit of confidence going.

hope the team is; skip; tresson, doherty, foran/kenny, cronin; mccabe, whelan, cawley, kavanagh; myler, rowe... strongest team possible imo

superfrank
02/03/2008, 6:18 PM
1-0 win today.

Very good first-half show, kinda went to sleep in the second.

Foran had a pretty good game after an early mistake. Doherty was subbed off with an injury.

lowflyingseagul
02/03/2008, 6:36 PM
thought foran looked good on the ball but made alot of mistakes and doesn't look good in the air. rowe and myler looked good.
€10 in was a bit steep for a friendly

superfrank
02/03/2008, 6:50 PM
Mulroy and Pender also looked very good.

Seagull-4-life
02/03/2008, 6:53 PM
It wasn't amazing but it was an encouraging performance. All the new signings played well so fair play Eddie.
Whelan and Cawley look a good midfield pairing