PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football 2008

Pages : [1] 2

Brendan
10/02/2008, 7:31 PM
the new version of the site is just about ready to go.

http://www.eldreamteam.net

the list of players though isn't finalised yet. So you can go ahead and register and create a team if you like but just be aware that while your user details will be ok, any teams that are created before 22nd February will be deleted at that point.

and there will be a transfer window this season

Rovers fan
10/02/2008, 7:41 PM
something weird happened when i registered and everytime i go back into the page it says something about an error.Any tips?

Brendan
10/02/2008, 10:12 PM
sorry about that rovers fan (and anyone else that registered there).

forgot to upload an important little bit there :o

fixed it now. you can login with the username and password you registered with

DmanDmythDledge
10/02/2008, 11:21 PM
Looks class Brendan. Fair play. Always improves every year.

Con-Con
10/02/2008, 11:30 PM
I regesterd my team, not much point though.

pete
11/02/2008, 8:43 PM
Looks good on quick. Don't have time to check in more detail but Sean Kelly is a centre back. BTW i like the drop down like for each club.

Brendan
19/02/2008, 3:40 PM
thanks to everyone who has helped so far. just wondering wondering are there any pats or bray fans out there who might have a quick look at the squads for their teams and let me know if theres anything i've missed (or anyone else for that matter).

here's a link to the player list (http://www.eldreamteam.net/playerList.aspx)

Rovers fan
19/02/2008, 3:54 PM
so you don't get transfers every week no?

Brendan
19/02/2008, 6:12 PM
so you don't get transfers every week no?

not sure what you mean there.:confused: you can swap players in your own squad on a weekly basis (provided you pick more than eleven players). also there will be a transfer window when you can drop players and add new ones.

what i'd like though is to have as accurate a list of players as possible at the start of the season. last year there was no Dave Mooney, Tadgh Purcell or Mark Quigley who would have been amomg the top scorers, hence i'm asking people to check out the list as it stands and let me know if there are any players on it that shouldn't be there or any missing from the list or with incorrect positions.

forza rovers
19/02/2008, 7:15 PM
GlenMcCormack?
BrianMcMorrow(u21)
GaryMelly(u21)
JamesMeredith
MikeyCreane?
MattyGordon
MarkHutchinson
GinoO'Boyle
LeviTierney(not sure might be sining for athlone)
they dont
play for us anymore

harry crumb
19/02/2008, 9:05 PM
Good stuff.

Great to have. Hopefully more that 80 enter this year.

Rovers fan
19/02/2008, 9:53 PM
GlenMcCormack?
BrianMcMorrow(u21)
GaryMelly(u21)
JamesMeredith
MikeyCreane?
MattyGordon
MarkHutchinson
GinoO'Boyle
LeviTierney(not sure might be sining for athlone)
they dont
play for us anymore

creane is still with us

Rovers fan
19/02/2008, 9:55 PM
not sure what you mean there.:confused: you can swap players in your own squad on a weekly basis (provided you pick more than eleven players). also there will be a transfer window when you can drop players and add new ones.

what i'd like though is to have as accurate a list of players as possible at the start of the season. last year there was no Dave Mooney, Tadgh Purcell or Mark Quigley who would have been amomg the top scorers, hence i'm asking people to check out the list as it stands and let me know if there are any players on it that shouldn't be there or any missing from the list or with incorrect positions.

no i meant can you bring a totally different player into your squad into your squad if you have 3 or 4 injuries. Doesn't matter anyway cos i realise now you can't.

Looks very good though, fair play

finnpark
19/02/2008, 10:24 PM
the new version of the site is just about ready to go.

http://www.eldreamteam.net

the list of players though isn't finalised yet. So you can go ahead and register and create a team if you like but just be aware that while your user details will be ok, any teams that are created before 22nd February will be deleted at that point.

and there will be a transfer window this season

How are the scores awarded? Does aplayer get points for scoring, keeping a clean sheet etc?

Brendan
20/02/2008, 9:13 AM
http://www.eldreamteam.net/rules.aspx

Only performances in Eircom League premier division matches will be awarded points. Points are awarded only to your first eleven players. Points will be awarded on the following basis:
Appearances:

* 3 pts (1 pt for substitute appearance)

Goals Scored:

* Goalkeeper: 10 pts
* Defender: 4 pts
* Midfielder: 3 pts
* Striker: 2 pts

Assists:

* Any Position: 2 pts

Goals Conceded:

* Goalkeeper: -2 pts
* Defender: -2 pts

Clean Sheets:

* Goalkeeper: 2 pts
* Defender: 2 pts

Discipline:

* Red card: -3pts (-1pt where the player did not start the game)
* Yellow card: no deduction.

Points awarded with respect to matches that are subsequently deemed void, will continue to stand for the purposes of the Fantasy League. Therefore points will not be awarded with respect to replays arising from such matches.

The judge's decision on players' scores will be final.

finnpark
20/02/2008, 10:20 AM

Only performances in Eircom League premier division matches will be awarded points. Points are awarded only to your first eleven players. Points will be awarded on the following basis:
Appearances:

* 3 pts (1 pt for substitute appearance)

Goals Scored:

* Goalkeeper: 10 pts
* Defender: 4 pts
* Midfielder: 3 pts
* Striker: 2 pts

Assists:

* Any Position: 2 pts

Goals Conceded:

* Goalkeeper: -2 pts
* Defender: -2 pts

Clean Sheets:

* Goalkeeper: 2 pts
* Defender: 2 pts

Discipline:

* Red card: -3pts (-1pt where the player did not start the game)
* Yellow card: no deduction.

Points awarded with respect to matches that are subsequently deemed void, will continue to stand for the purposes of the Fantasy League. Therefore points will not be awarded with respect to replays arising from such matches.

The judge's decision on players' scores will be final.

Thanks Breandan :ball:

holidaysong
20/02/2008, 10:35 AM

Only performances in Eircom League premier division matches will be awarded points.

Why are there first division team lists when only premier division matches count? :confused:

Brendan
20/02/2008, 12:43 PM
:o

i actually started putting that list of players together towards the end of last season when a few first division clubs were still in with a shout of promotion, so at that point it was handiest just to throw all th einfo i had in there. the page itself was really only posted so that anyone that wanted could have a look through it and let me know of any changes that were needed. probably should have taken the first division clubs out of it to avoid confusion but as you'll see if / when you go to create a squad, only the premier teams appear on that list. i'll be removing the page on friday when the list is 'finalised' so not going to bother changing it at this stage.

SeanDrog
20/02/2008, 12:50 PM
So best to register a team after friday (am I right)?

Looks good (as always) :D

Seán

Brendan
20/02/2008, 1:01 PM
So best to register a team after friday (am I right)?

Looks good (as always) :D

Seán

thanks Seán, yeah basically if you pick a squad before friday some of your players' positions or clubs might change so your team may not satisfy the rules. i have tried to make this clear so hopefully people aren't going to be all upset with me on Friday :(

actually just ran a quick query and it will be a fairly trivial task for me to identify anyone whose team is affected and just notify them so if you've put a team together don't worry it will still be there on friday! :)

niallsparky
20/02/2008, 1:19 PM
Couple of points on the Bohs players:

Keith Gallagher, listed as wide midfielder should be a goalkeeper.
Mark Rossiter, listed as centre midfielder should be a full back.

Everything else is fine.

Brendan
20/02/2008, 1:28 PM
Couple of points on the Bohs players:

Everything else is fine.

d'oh! i had him down as a defender and just this morning i was told he was a central mifielder, regularly played out of position at right back. i'm confused.com
well never mind i'll put him back to full back. and that is final :rolleyes:

thanks niallsparky

DmanDmythDledge
21/02/2008, 6:03 PM
Ian Bermingham is missing from UCD.

Brian Shorthall is back up centre half so probably shouldn't be worth the same amount as Kenna/McNally.

Shane Fitzgerald and John Reilly should probably switch value.

Schumi
21/02/2008, 7:31 PM
McNally has played in centre midfield in the three friendlies so far so maybe you should change his position.

GreenStar
21/02/2008, 8:17 PM

No longer a bohs player. Plays LSL with Bluebell United.

swano
22/02/2008, 5:36 AM
In the rules section it says near the top that you can have no more than 3 from one club but down the bottom it says during the transfer window the 2 player rule will be relaxed to allow you to have more than 2 players from one club. Which is correct?

Brendan
22/02/2008, 8:39 AM
In the rules section it says near the top that you can have no more than 3 from one club but down the bottom it says during the transfer window the 2 player rule will be relaxed to allow you to have more than 2 players from one club. Which is correct?

:o
should have said "no more than two" players. Sorry about that. I've amended it now. The actual code behind the page wouldn't have allowed you to add a third player from the same club in any case.

swano
22/02/2008, 9:32 AM
Yeah I found it out as I went along. Might mean I have to include a bohs player in the squad:eek: but then how would I ever get any satisfaction if that player scored points? Back to the drawing board methinks.

bennocelt
22/02/2008, 3:14 PM
when will this thing start guys?

Brendan
22/02/2008, 3:27 PM
when will this thing start guys?

It will run for the whole season, so starting on March 7th. The player list is final now so get registered and make your team!

niallsparky
22/02/2008, 3:51 PM
No longer a bohs player. Plays LSL with Bluebell United.

He's been playing in our Futsal team lately: http://www.bohemians.ie/index.php/bohemian-fc-youth-section/futsal08victa.htm

GreenStar
23/02/2008, 6:33 PM
He's been playing in our Futsal team lately

Indeed he has. The reason being the futsal registration system is completely independent of every other registration system, i.e. a player can be registered for any club at any level but register to play futsal with any club taking part. In this case Gallagher is a registered 11-a-side player with Bluebell United in the LSL but is registered to play futsal with bohs. Quite a number of players in the futsal league actually play 11-a-side for different clubs.

stann
23/02/2008, 6:57 PM
Just wondering why are the Div 1 teams listed, is there plans to expand the game to two divisions?

Phew got that edit in in time. ;)

Brendan
27/02/2008, 12:28 PM
i have clive delaney in my team, but i already have 2 derry players, does this mean that i'll have to get rid of him or either of them??

also if he just stays a bray player on the site will his points accumulated be due to derry clean sheets or bray ones??

no you neednt change your team. as i mentioned before the list is "final" since last friday in terms of the players' clubs positions or wages. I'll update his club to Derry once the season starts, and yes he will be awarded points for derry performances not for bray. He will be regarded as a Derry player once the first transfer window opens (after the first series of games), but at that stage managers will be permitted to have three players from a club if they wish (in fact this is the reason I put that into the rules). hope thats clear cos I'm starting to confuse myself :confused:

anyway, at €500 Delaney is certainly looking a bit of a bargain now. just added him to my own squad :D

AustinoAsprilla
27/02/2008, 4:12 PM
Well done Brendan. This is legend. Can't wait for the season to start now.

Just 2 quick points. Can you play for free? (Links on home page won't work for me)

Secondly, will you be able to create your own "mini leagues" for just your friends? Savage either way, just wondering...

Brendan
27/02/2008, 8:43 PM
Well done Brendan. This is legend. Can't wait for the season to start now.

Just 2 quick points. Can you play for free? (Links on home page won't work for me)

Secondly, will you be able to create your own "mini leagues" for just your friends? Savage either way, just wondering...

thanks,

yes you can play for free. as for the mini leagues, i'm working on something right now. if i don't have it in place for the start of the season i will definitely have it ready shortly afterwards

the links are to the various league tables. there'll be nothing on them til the season starts

Bunny Kelly
02/03/2008, 7:22 PM
can you enter 2 teams, one for the proper league & one for the fun league or is it one side per user?

Brendan
03/03/2008, 8:36 AM
can you enter 2 teams, one for the proper league & one for the fun league or is it one side per user?

any teams that are in the premier league are also included in the fun league by default. that said, you can enter as many teams as you want in either league however the system is set up in such a way that you need a unique email address for each user (the addresses arent validated though so "anyone@something.com" would do fine, you just wouldnt receive any emails for that user)

Hitman
07/03/2008, 9:58 AM
Great stuff Brendan, cheers for putting in the effort. I think today's the last day for registering in case anyone's been putting it off.

Brendan
07/03/2008, 12:37 PM
I think today's the last day for registering in case anyone's been putting it off.

he's right you know!! quite a few people who've registered don't have a proper team assembled yet, so if you wanna play make sure you've got it right.

also, if you'd like to compete for some prize money get your payment in asap or at least let me know today that its on the way.

amjl
07/03/2008, 1:30 PM
Is it too late to enter? or do i have untill kick off tonight?

DmanDmythDledge
07/03/2008, 1:31 PM
Still time left, you have until 7.45pm!

amjl
07/03/2008, 1:43 PM
Still time left, you have until 7.45pm!

Sound, thanks for that.

Denis The Red
10/03/2008, 1:05 PM
The site looks well Brendan, but I have a couple of queries, sorry if you addressed these already but I haven't seen anyone ask.
If I registered as a premier player will I be automatically put into the Play For Fun league if I don't pay?
And when will the players' scores be on the site?

Brendan
10/03/2008, 1:13 PM
The site looks well Brendan, but I have a couple of queries, sorry if you addressed these already but I haven't seen anyone ask.
If I registered as a premier player will I be automatically put into the Play For Fun league if I don't pay?
And when will the players' scores be on the site?

Denis, in order to be in the premier league you need to pay the entry fee. Everyone is included in the 'play for fun' league whether they pay or not. Weekly scores will be out tomorrow (I'm going to wait and see what MNS is like for help with assists - the match reports aren't always the best and i'd like to get it as accurate as possible). As I've mentioned on the homepage, some people had difficulties with the paypal link last week, so I've given people a few extra days to pay if they like (ie till Thursday)

Brendan
11/03/2008, 11:44 AM
the league table for week one is available now

http://www.eldreamteam.net/leagueTable.aspx

i'm having a little trouble with the mini leagues thing at the moment. i'll have this available by the weekend at the latest. the site was down for a short period earlier this morning. not sure why this was but the hosting company have sorted it out.

Brendan
16/04/2008, 12:31 PM
looks like he sent you an invite already which means that you should have receieved an email with a link. Obviously for some reason you havent got this. However if you log in you should also see a message appear on the home page with the same link. Could you check this out first please. If its not there I can add you in manually.

Brendan
18/04/2008, 8:35 AM
not sure when the "real" window is but what i'm going to do is have one window after series 11 and another after series 22. during each window you will be able to drop three players and use whatever funds you have available to buy new players. you can buy as many new payers as your budget permits provided you have no more than 17 and still have a 4-4-2 formation. you will also be allowed to have up to three players from any club. i will post this on the home page this weekend - meant to it before now :o

Brendan
22/05/2008, 8:55 PM
Due to an error in the dates entered, the transfer window option was not working earlier today. This has now been fixed. You can make changes at any time up until kick off tomorrow evening.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.:o

amjl
19/06/2008, 12:16 PM
Can anyone tell me when the Transfer window re-opens? Looks like I wont have any use for McCourt anymore...