PDA

View Full Version : WSCAI College Soccer

37Beour
10/02/2008, 3:59 PM
UL played Sligo in a v v v ill tempered affair last Wed...

Game ended up 2-2, Sligo winning 2-1 with 10mins left with an absolute screamer of an equaliser from Kacey O' Driscoll with a 30yard volley!! Some of actions of Sligo players an absolute disgrace and the ref was even worse

As far as i know UL have to get one point from final 3 games to win the league...something they haven't done in 7 years!:eek:

The biterness between teams in the league this year is sure to make a very volatile and entertaining intervarsities tournament! No nice talk between any teams any more!

olegunnar
11/02/2008, 9:51 PM
nearly right, 1st title in 5 yrs!!!

cityman
25/02/2008, 9:35 AM
Anyone know if there are any matches being played this week? Also could someone put up the address of the wscai website so I could look at future fixtures. When and where are the intervarsities on this year?

ramladies
25/02/2008, 2:35 PM
intervarsities on in UCC think first weekend in April

37Beour
26/02/2008, 8:17 AM
Intervarsities on in Cork this year, hosts UCC. Playing in those fields called 'the farm' i think its called!! :confused: They are on the 3/4/5 April this year, a lil later than normal.

I could give you the address of the WSCAI but it hasn't been updated in about a year...v poor! But here it is anyway....www.wscai.com

And UL V WIT 2morow at 2.30pm in UL for last game of the league for home team!;)

Jaws!
26/02/2008, 8:58 AM
you seem fairly well conencted with UL, 37Beour. Any chance you know the score from the UL - NUIG game a few weeks back? Its really annoying that the WSCAI haven't updated the webpage in 6 months

37Beour
26/02/2008, 6:01 PM
Jaws, if i remember correctly i think UL beat NUIG either 5-0 or 5-1 cant be 2 sure but they def put 5 past NUIG.

NUIG were missing Meabh De Burca and Niamh Fahey also on the day due to International commitments!

And ya the WSCAI site is a joke, cant figure out where any teams are in table or of points etc, very frustrating!!!:mad:

Jaws!
26/02/2008, 7:41 PM
They've been missing the two of them for most of the season, from what I hear.

I wonder if last year's webmaster is still on the committee. If he's not involved anymore it might explain why the site isn't being updated.

37Beour
27/02/2008, 11:51 AM
Ya they have missed the majority of matches this year. But i think they will be back for the intervarsities in April so NUIG should be a dark horse for the title that weekend!!

Somehow id say the webmaster is gone....now the league tables are blank on the site with all team on 0 points!!! What the :ball:??!!

olegunnar
27/02/2008, 7:28 PM
anyone notice that website maintainance for the womens game is cat nationwide?? im not aware of too many sites that have accurate fixtures and results, announcements....

ul and waterford today, bit of a joke, 14-0 to ul. wit only had 8 players. should they be applauded for being brave enough to turn up, where the fiine for walkover would be same as bus charge,or should team be penalised for this, as its poor...

obviously the season is nearly over, no point being so worried about tables etc. just an idea, 37B why dont you get onto a2zsoccer and run wscai webs next season??

or ask someone who will...

Jaws!
27/02/2008, 8:22 PM
Ya they have missed the majority of matches this year. But i think they will be back for the intervarsities in April so NUIG should be a dark horse for the title that weekend!!

I doubt it. My money's on UL unless Sligo decide they have something to prove after losing the league title. And there's always a dark horse from Division one (actually, last year there was two)

And as for WIT turning up with 8, the Premier Division has unfortunately been a two horse race for too many years.....

Squeez
27/02/2008, 10:10 PM
I could give you the address of the WSCAI but it hasn't been updated in about a year...v poor! But here it is anyway....www.wscai.com

Looks like recent results on the website now. Ne result from challenge cup final? Ucd V DIT

Titan
28/02/2008, 9:18 AM
Looks like recent results on the website now. Ne result from challenge cup final? Ucd V DIT

UCD on 2-1 in extra time

cityman
28/02/2008, 9:37 AM
Was at the cup final last night. UCD beat DIT 2-1 after extra time. It was a good game, end to end for a time. UCD went ahead early in 2nd half, DIT made it 1-1 with about 12 mins to go and the winner was scored a minute into 2nd half of extra time.
The Belfield Bowl is a nice venue(fair bit of sand on pitch due to rugby). I believe that this was the 1st competitive match to be played on the pitch.

A few of things made me laugh at the match:

1) UCD manager getting sent off in the second half,(does this mean he will serve a toucline ban at the Intervarsities in Cork??) I was there he didn't say anything to get sent off!! I would appeal so he dosn't get a ban for the biggest tournament in WSCAI.
2) Was in earshot of I believe the secretary of UCD. She screamed at the ref for a DIT player time wasting, with the score 1-1 and the player limping to get the ball after a tackle by ucd player!
3) UCD captain's speech at the end......exactly what I had expected!!
4) Members of UCD with buckets collecting money for their team before the match were they taking the p**s or what?
There were a couple of other incidents too but I couldn't........:D

Anyway enjoyed the match, good advertisement for the womens' game.:)

cityman
28/02/2008, 10:14 AM
Just read a copy of the WSCAI rules and UCD manager is not suspended for intervarsites. They don't carry the sending off into the tournament.:ball:

Countryripple
28/02/2008, 11:05 AM
At the game last night too. It was freezing so fair play to both teams playing for so long!! Pitch was very big too so no wonder both teams had players getting cramps!!

I suppose what I was disappointed with was lack of organisation which i suppose once again is a matter to do with the disinterest of the WSCAI in their own league!!

1. Ref was bout half an hour late!!
2. He didnt inspect players before the match!! Most of them were wearing jewellry!
3. When the coach was sent off he was still sitting in the stands. As far as I know you have to leave altogether!! So im pretty sure there was a call to his team on speakerphone at the break!!
4. The WSCAI could have a least made a photocopy of a sheet with a wee bit of onfo on the clubs....its a cup final for gods sake!! Both teams worked hard to get there!!
5. Neither team were presented with medals at the 'presentation'. This is disappointing! Wonder if they will actually get any at all!!
6. A UCD player who shall remain namesless kicked a DIT player while she was on the ground having already been tackled by another. Thats just knackery!!
7. I also noticed those collection buckets........is there not some law against that? I personally wouldnt count a University as a charity!

I cant agree more with the previous posts about the WSCAI. They are an utter joke. I have never come across anyone who works within it who has done anything to improve it. There is very little evidence of them doing anything other than making a dire fixture list and sending letters to clubs telling them they have fines to pay!! Clubs have to organise their own refs!!! I bet the mens college league does not have to do this. I bet they would get a sponsored kit for a cup final. I bet they would have a proper programme, announcer and proper presentation.......

Ill stop now. Sure you all know yourselves how bad they are! :rolleyes:

37Beour
29/02/2008, 6:33 PM
Olegunnar-

Don't have the time to do such a job on the website, im already up to my eyeballs with other projects. And im not being smart but shouldn't it be a member of WSCAI committee to do such a thing rather than a non member....

Ya was at the UL game...i applaud WIT for turning up...they took such a battering in good spirit in fairness. its a sad state of affairs that a team travel with 8 players to prevent being fined.

For the top goal scorer accolade it was a big day on Wed...with Jenny Critchely of UL beating Emma Mullins of Sligo IT by just a couple of goals to win it i think. Jenny put 9 passed WIT and Emma put 5 past NUIG which is a massive haul for both girls in itself. Class players and congrats to both for a good season!

olegunnar
01/03/2008, 10:25 AM
hey 37B,

im merely saying that the wscai connittee aren't obviously in a position to keep it up to date, and a volunteer would prob be better, and as is said sometimes, when u want something done right, do it yourself!

or find someone...

37Beour
29/03/2008, 5:22 PM
I now can't seem to get into the wscai site...any one know why and if there is a replacement site?:D

Anyone got any news on squads for IV's?

I think Galway are struggling to put a side together and UL are struggling bigtime with injuries, with alot at physios!

olegunnar
31/03/2008, 11:40 AM
37-B, there is no way ul are struggling,wait and see, 18-22 players as always. they are going down to win the thing and are one of the few colleges that take it serious

i could believe u about galway, but no shock when ul have full squad down there...:eek:

37Beour
31/03/2008, 3:26 PM
Oh no...UL will have a squad of 20 going i know that much but about 4 or 5 will DEF not be 100%, college physio is under serious pressure especially after the gaelic football O' Connor cup the weekend!

Heard on the grapevine that even one player has had the 'cyro' treatment i think its called the treatment of going into a chamber of -110 to improve healing!!! Very Hardcore!!!!!:eek:

chick
31/03/2008, 7:03 PM
Heard on the grapevine that even one player has had the 'cyro' treatment i think its called the treatment of going into a chamber of -110 to improve healing!!! Very Hardcore!!!!!:eek:

very extreme to say the least!! :ball:

olegunnar
01/04/2008, 11:05 AM
cryo,?? that has to be lies! Antonia McCoy is she??

ramladies
01/04/2008, 1:48 PM
groups nd fixtures as they stand at the moment.

Group 1- Garda College, UCD, IT Tralee
Group 2- WIT, IT Sligo, UU Jordanstown
Group 3- NUI Galway, Trinity, UCC
Group 4- DCU, UL, GMIT

Thurs 11 am-Guards V UCD, WIT V IT Sligo, NUI V Trinity, DCU V UL
Thurs 3 pm-Guards V IT Tralee, WIT V Jordanstown, NUI V UCC, DCU V GMIT
Fri 11 am-UCD V IT Tralee, IT Sligo V Jordanstown, Trinity V UCC, UL V GMIT

Some brillant fixtures to look forward to i think in the group stages, guards V UCD and DCU V UL on thurs should b good games.

chick
01/04/2008, 7:14 PM
anyone know how the first division finished up? :confused:

premier finished like this -

UL
Sligo
Garda
NUIG
UCC
WIT

Now, prediction time for the intervarisites!! ;)

ramladies
01/04/2008, 9:34 PM
no letterkenny won da 1st div then it was ucd or dcu in 2nd, inichore n csn drew on points n CIT finished last

olegunnar
02/04/2008, 11:01 AM
garda,nuig,sligo and ul to make cup semis.
any idea who plays who in semis??

no tip to say ul will win it out, so throw in l'kenny, semi finalists a while back...
darkhorse lkit!!!

ramladies
02/04/2008, 8:54 PM
UCD, Sligo, NUIG and UL to make semis of cup-UCD to win it
Guards, WIT, UCC, DCU to make semis of plate- UCC to retain this title from last yr. they've been playin plenty of games against teams in the cork senior league in the run up to IV's

Southside Girl
03/04/2008, 1:46 PM
1st division isnt over.. its a play off match with letterkenny and ucd..

also letterkenny aint in intervarsitys this year..... NUIG V UL final Cup.

Curler
03/04/2008, 3:08 PM
Thurs 11 am-Guards V UCD, WIT V IT Sligo, NUI V Trinity, DCU V UL

NUI Galway 7-0 Trinity
Wins also for Garda/Sligo/UL

ramladies
03/04/2008, 5:58 PM
at IV's today was told theres somethin wrong with the wscai server, so the fixtures and results of IV's will b posted on www.munsterspride.com.

Also NUIG beat UCC 2-0 at 3 pm so dat puts them straight into semi final of the cup

Curler
04/04/2008, 4:32 PM
UL V NUI Galway in the final!

37Beour
06/04/2008, 3:16 PM
Good intervarsity tournament, yes?Lovely weather for a change!!!! Jordanstown were def the dark horse and i think DCU were very unlucky to be drawn in a group with UL, i think they might of progressed if in another group

Anybody watch the final?:ball:

Squeez
07/04/2008, 9:52 AM
Finals were good, plate final saw sligo beat ucd 2-0 altho it was 1-0 till the dying moments, ucd had very little fire power up front.
UL v NUIG in Cup, good game, NUIG created the clearer chances i thought, but UL dominated spells of possession. NUIG didn't give them an inch to play in made it very hard 4 ul, in fairness it was probably the toughest game ul had all weekend. 0-0 aet so peno's it was, horrible way to win/lose final but c'est la vie! :rolleyes:

bannercounty
08/04/2008, 3:01 PM
I wouldn't say NUIG created clearer chances really, I think they played too defensively altogether. They got the tactics bang on, and stopped UL from playing the great football which they displayed in earlier games but they just didn't look like scoring themselves. UL were the best team this year, in both league and IVs, so congrats to them. The saves their keeper pulled off in penalties were something else. It's a shame they only had only one defender and no goalie represented on the All Star team. When you consider that they didn't concede a goal in the tournament and only a handful in the league, it just doesn't seem right.

socca1531
08/04/2008, 6:07 PM
Congrats to Limerick, though I can't help but wonder if it would have been different had Galway had the same number of girls make the trip. Not to get too far off topic but has anyone heard anything about interprovincials this year?

ramladies
08/04/2008, 6:41 PM
pretty sure there on this weekend, being held in csn in cork on Saturday and Sunday

socca1531
09/04/2008, 2:38 PM
Have you heard anything about the rosters?

chick
09/04/2008, 3:23 PM
I wouldn't say NUIG created clearer chances really.

Would have to disagree completely, NUIG's keeper didn't have one save to make in the entire game!

ramladies
09/04/2008, 6:37 PM
Photos of IV's up on www.munsterspride.com (http://www.munsterpride.com/)

Have you heard anything about the rosters?
No havent heard anything bout them.

Ulster have withdrawn so draw as follows
Saturday 12th April
Munster V Leinster KO 10.30 a.m
Connaught V Leinster KO 1.30 p.m
Munster V Connaught KO 4.00 p.m

corkrebel
09/04/2008, 8:43 PM
Just saw the Interprovincial schedule on www.munsterspride.com (http://www.munsterspride.com) aparently Ulster have pulled out due to Northern Ireland scheduling a match for Saturday

Curler
10/04/2008, 1:43 PM
strange draw... surely Munster wold have to be red hot favourites considering they will have a break between games!

corkrebel
10/04/2008, 8:44 PM
Well I suppose some team had to get their games spread out? Was talking to some players today and they said they were told they would be playing Ulster on Friday, that was before Ulster pulled out I'm guessing Connaught and Leinster were due to play Fri nite too so they had to move that game in between the two on sat, maybe?

Breifne
12/04/2008, 9:43 PM
Connacht won the Inter Pro's

Full results were

Leinster 1 - Munster 3
Leinster 2 - Connacht 0
Connacht 3 - Munster 0

Connacht scored two goals in the last five minutes (including one with the last kick of the game) to win the tournament on goal difference.

Leinster only had 10 players (9 for the second half against Connacht) due to a huge number of players unavailable. all teams were missing a fair few, but credit to Connacht for keeping it going until the end and clinching the entire tournament in the last minute.

CSN and the WSCAI really put on a show, in particular the referees were excellent. Pitch was really good considering the weather lately, just disappointing that Ulster didn't take part, particularly the form of Letterkenny and Jordanstown this season.

ramladies
12/04/2008, 9:55 PM
have to say well done to the leinster girls in there game against Connacht. Really kept it going and kept fighting and truly deserved the win against them. Have to say all three keepers were really good too, some top quality saves.