PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's friendly

LK37oldskool
10/02/2008, 8:37 AM
For those there just wondering what you thought of yesterdays game. lots of commitment and some nice passing,not helped by a terrible pitch. I thought they looked a little on the small side compared to Bray.Panel looks very small at the moment.Last thing some senior player from last year that are supposed to be staying were not there,any one able to enlighten me.
PS..Met Jack McCarthy,nice guy, seems genuine enough.

osarusan
10/02/2008, 9:06 AM
What was the score? I can't find any report on the game.

gael353
10/02/2008, 10:08 AM
.Last thing some senior player from last year that are supposed to be staying were not there,any one able to enlighten me.

Some were given the day off, trying to use the friendlies to pull together a squad so giving three lads from Kilkenny a game just to see what they were about. ****e game and pitch to be honest, nice little crowd though. Two games next week, Friday away to Galway in Terryland, and Sunday in (maybe) Kilfinane :eek: against rockmount in the MSC...thats pending other results though

LK37oldskool
10/02/2008, 10:27 AM
What was the score? I can't find any report on the game.
Lost 1 nil.Going to struggle unless they get a decent striker.McCarthy works hard but is more of a provider than a scorer. good to see Jimmy in goal but he said after the game that he had'nt signed yet,still unsure due to work commitments.

balls
10/02/2008, 6:16 PM
they cant be serious bout playing in kilfinane. are you sure its not kilmallock thats a decent set up

Fairkop
10/02/2008, 7:06 PM
Lost 1 nil.Going to struggle unless they get a decent striker.McCarthy works hard but is more of a provider than a scorer. good to see Jimmy in goal but he said after the game that he had'nt signed yet,still unsure due to work commitments.

plenty will come on here to tell you that carty is a scorer.....i am not one of them as i think he,s not up to it anymore.as for jimmy....why is he even being considered,there is always something wrong here...work...phantom injuries...time to move on and give young ryan the spot.jimmy has been bluffing it a while now after all its...cool...to be a EL player.

L37Ultra
10/02/2008, 7:25 PM
Here is the starting lineup from Saturday. They played well, the team is stronger than I had expected at this stage. Looking forward to the new season :)

Jimmy Fyffe
Padraig Fogarty
Peter White
Thomas Hughes
Bobby Gregg
Wayne Colbert
John Grant
Ross Cosgrove
Dave Ryan
Derek McCarthy
Ted O'Conner

Monkfish
10/02/2008, 9:39 PM
they cant be serious bout playing in kilfinane. are you sure its not kilmallock thats a decent set up

Its all about spreading the seed! :ball:

lfc at heart
11/02/2008, 7:16 AM
why did L37 play the game in UL, have they not got the use of Jackman park this season, they were suppose to play Galway at home 2 weeks ago and now they are playing them away

KevB76
11/02/2008, 8:06 AM
as for jimmy....why is he even being considered,there is always something wrong here...work...phantom injuries...time to move on and give young ryan the spot.

I think Dave Ryan has gone to Cork.

L37Ultra
11/02/2008, 8:24 AM
why did L37 play the game in UL, have they not got the use of Jackman park this season, they were suppose to play Galway at home 2 weeks ago and now they are playing them away

Limerick played in UL because the pitch in Jackman Park was not playable due to ongoing pitch maintainence. :ball:

Ash
11/02/2008, 8:37 AM
Ted O'Connor was trianing with us but wouldn't sign due to work committments
(apparently)

Hulsey
11/02/2008, 10:43 AM
Any Idea what the Bray team was? Cheers

Jofspring
11/02/2008, 10:44 AM
What did people think of the kilkenny lads that got a run out??

Lim till i die
11/02/2008, 11:21 AM
For those there just wondering what you thought of yesterdays game.

Utterly, Utterly, Depressing.

I thought they looked a little on the small side compared to Bray.

I thought they looked microscopic.

Last thing some senior player from last year that are supposed to be staying were not there,any one able to enlighten me

Work??

Prior Engagement??

With Paddy, Tommy and Dannagher to come back, at least a bit of physicality will be added.

It's fcukin awful truth be told though

Lim till i die
11/02/2008, 11:31 AM
Going to struggle unless they get a decent striker.

The problems, and there are going to be quite a few, were obvious.

We have absolutely nothing on the flanks, both at full back and on the wings.

If Tommy Barrett is ever out that central midfield partnership is going to get kicked up and down the First Division.

I hope Mike isn't trying to turn Peter White into a centre half.

Nice guy but hopelessly out of his depth in the centre, put him out at full back when the real action starts please.

McCarthy works hard but is more of a provider than a scorer.

Rubbish.

Carthy's a poacher not a provider.

good to see Jimmy in goal but he said after the game that he had'nt signed yet,still unsure due to work commitments

Still reaching for that platinum record I assume??

Time to swallow the pride and give John Healy a bell.

What did people think of the kilkenny lads that got a run out??

Right back was fairly annonymous.

Nothing great but nothing shocking either.

Thomas Hughes is Thomas Hughes.

Lad upfront showed a few touches, looked a bit laboured though.

Could maybe be our big, lumbering striker every club in the First Division is required to have as part of licencing

Lim till i die
11/02/2008, 11:34 AM

Why don't you pm OldKeeper and ask him?? :rolleyes:

Fairkop
11/02/2008, 3:12 PM
I think Dave Ryan has gone to Cork.

spot on,he down there training alright.i,m with LTID on this one,get john healy please.

lfc at heart
11/02/2008, 3:12 PM
Why don't you pm OldKeeper and ask him?? :rolleyes:

sure didnt L37ultra answer the question , did you not see it slow mo:o

ramsfan
11/02/2008, 3:18 PM
thomas hughes being ex rams and kilkenny -thats who we are talking about?

good honest player but a bit of a journey man

jamie nolan or brian mccarthy havent gone on trial with ye have they

left rams and dont where they will appear next

4tothefloor
11/02/2008, 3:24 PM
jamie nolan
I doubt it :D

sadloserkid
11/02/2008, 4:38 PM
thomas hughes being ex rams and kilkenny -thats who we are talking about?

good honest player but a bit of a journey man

jamie nolan havent gone on trial with ye have they

left rams and dont where they will appear next

Thomas Hughes had a season with us in Mike's last year with us too. Your assesment is spot on.

I would imagine that the odds of Jamie Nolan turning up in Limerick colours are about the same as him being snapped up by Barcelona.

jebus
11/02/2008, 6:43 PM
Thomas Hughes had a season with us in Mike's last year with us too. Your assesment is spot on.

I would imagine that the odds of Jamie Nolan turning up in Limerick colours are about the same as him being snapped up by Barcelona.

You need to get a life.....:D

sadloserkid
11/02/2008, 7:35 PM
You need to get a life.....:D

With the possible exception of my superb penalty against the Galway subs a coupla years back and winning the League Cup up in Derry a coupla years before that that first match last season was probably my favourite eL moment ever. :)

Fairkop
11/02/2008, 9:20 PM
jamie nolan currently.....warming.....the bench at avondale utd.he was a used sub v balla in recent msc game.

GenerationXI
17/02/2008, 10:08 AM
Just so everybody's now clear on the GK situation Dave Ryan has signed a contract for the forthcoming season.