PDA

View Full Version : FAO SLK - John McGrath

LFC in Exile
24/06/2003, 7:39 AM
Did you see this on eleven-a-side?

Cork linked with McGrath move

Former Irish underage international John McGrath has been linked with a move back to Ireland with Premier Division side Cork City.

Aston Villa youngster McGrath, who made one Premiership appearance for the Villans against Liverpool three years ago, spent the whole of last season on loan with Nationwide Conference side Dagenham & Redbridge.

The Daggers – many people’s fancies for promotion to the Nationwide League – suffered a tardy start to their league campaign, and after making a stirring recovery in the second half of the season to force their way into the end-of-season play-offs, they went down to Doncaster Rovers in the final.

McGrath was a key part of the East London side throughout the season, playing 26 times, but he is not expected to return to Victoria Road next season, and is currently looking for a club as it becomes increasingly clear that he has no future at Villa Park.

Longford Town were linked with a move for the player earlier in the year, but Cork City have emerged as the home club most likely to secure his services.

However, it would appear that Doncaster manager Dave Penney, impressed by the 23-year-old during the Conference play-off final, has set his sights on bringing him to Belle Vue during the summer, which could scupper any chances of the Leesiders reaching a deal with McGrath.

lims fan
24/06/2003, 7:47 AM
i think you should post this on the cork one, by the way michael o'sullivan resigned last nite if ur interested.

lims fan
24/06/2003, 11:45 AM
for my sarcasm - i didn't notice you had intended this for SLK