PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Van Boxtel

lowflyingseagul
08/02/2008, 9:44 AM
name on the front page of the papers

Grasshopper 99
08/02/2008, 9:50 AM
Former Bray Wanderers Goalkeeper has been arrested under the possession of over 10 million euro worth of drugs. Any one else see or hear about this??

Bray Head
08/02/2008, 10:23 AM
Front page of last nights Herald. Eddie is pictured in his Bray Wanderers jersey.

superfrank
08/02/2008, 10:40 AM
Threads merged.

Sad to see it happen to any player.

Seagull
08/02/2008, 3:14 PM
Threads merged.

Sad to see it happen to any player.

Sad??? Ten million euros worth of drugs. Scum is the word you're looking for.

superfrank
08/02/2008, 4:09 PM
It's sad that he has to resort to drug dealing to make a living.

Seagull
08/02/2008, 7:36 PM
It's sad that he has to resort to drug dealing to make a living.
Is that for real??! What about, let's see, get a job!! And the value of the haul was TEN MILLION EURO! Drug dealers profit from other people's misery. They destroy lives. C'mon Superfrank, he deserves no pity if it's proven against him. :mad:

superfrank
08/02/2008, 9:45 PM
Think about it.

He was a footballer for about 15 years. He probably never went to college or even finished secondary school. I doubt he saved up enough money from an eircom league career to start his own business or what have you. What did he do when he was part-time with us and other el teams? Circumstances like this left him, probably, with little or no money, no job experience and very little education. It's therefore very easy for him to become a drug dealer.

And it's sad that people end up like that.

Terry-Lander
08/02/2008, 10:06 PM
Thousands of people don't go to college and probably just as many don't finish school, or have money to start their own business but they don't resort to destroying countless lives. There are plenty of opportunities to receive an education / training through adult ed courses. Remember, if it's true he CHOSE to do this. I think your sympathy is misplaced.

BrayUnknowns
09/02/2008, 1:10 AM
Think about it.

He was a footballer for about 15 years. He probably never went to college or even finished secondary school. I doubt he saved up enough money from an eircom league career to start his own business or what have you. What did he do when he was part-time with us and other el teams? Circumstances like this left him, probably, with little or no money, no job experience and very little education. It's therefore very easy for him to become a drug dealer.

Are you actually for real ? That is possibly one of the most uneducated things i have ever heard in my life...

Seriously before you come out with really stupid statements like that on such a serious subject please do a little bit of research on the subject or the person involved. Or at least try and find out why he was involved.... FYI it has nothing to do with him not going to college or being only a part-time footballer

He was caught with 10 million euros worth of drugs and an arsenal of weapons, he deserves everything he gets and more.

KR's Post
09/02/2008, 8:01 AM
Shame on him, he was a very good keeper and a top bloke to speak to!

oldyouth
09/02/2008, 8:55 AM
Think about it.

Sorry, I can't let that one go. I know lots of people who fit that background (without playing footie in the league) and they have made successes with their lives. Some are financially secure and some, like most of us, are getting by and rearing their kids as best they can. NONE are dealing in drugs or other forms of crime and if I ever catch a scumbag like this fella near my family, arrangements will be made. Sympathy my great big hairy h*le

KR's Post
09/02/2008, 9:50 AM
if I ever catch a scumbag like this fella near my family, arrangements will be made.

Guys we're taking it a bit to far. He'll go down do his time and rightly so. Lets leave it at that! Although SF, can't believe what you're saying, have you sympathy for every dealer and user in Bray? Don't tink so.

frog-gufc
09/02/2008, 10:49 AM
i couldnt believe hes only 34 i thought he was old when he played for gufc as in early 30s

oldyouth
09/02/2008, 10:52 PM
Guys we're taking it a bit to far. He'll go down do his time and rightly so. Lets leave it at that! Although SF, can't believe what you're saying, have you sympathy for every dealer and user in Bray? Don't tink so.

Yeah, sorry for taking it too far. I forgot it's not important for you to lose a brother, sister, daughter or son to drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KR's Post
11/02/2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, sorry for taking it too far. I forgot it's not important for you to lose a brother, sister, daughter or son to drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that but how was i supposed to know?

I hate those people like you do. Don't get me wrong!