PDA

View Full Version : Cream rises to the top

Éanna
23/06/2003, 6:47 PM
just for all you horrible Barca loving lot out there :)
Real won the league last night, beating Athletic Bilbao 3-1, as Real Sociedad´s 3-0 win wasn´t enough.
Nice champagne over here for 2.80€ a bottle too :D

tiktok
23/06/2003, 6:51 PM
franco loving fascist. :D

Gary
23/06/2003, 7:38 PM
Whas to laugh and boast about. REAL spent in excess of €200m in recent years to finish higher than a team who nearly got relegated last season, and Sander westerveld is their star player.

I really hoped Sociedad would do it though. An underdog really needs to win a league somewhere. it would really put a bit of fun into Football.

James
23/06/2003, 7:47 PM
Originally posted by GWA
An underdog really needs to win a league somewhere. it would really put a bit of fun into Football.

come on city :D ;)

tiktok
23/06/2003, 8:00 PM
i wonder how real sociedad will do in the champions league next season? i'd imagine a lot of their players are in the shop window after the season they've had.

will real (fearing competition) just buy their entire squad and let them go to middlesborough on loan?

pineapple stu
23/06/2003, 8:23 PM
Warning for Sociedad though - Rayo Vallecano and Alaves were both relegated this year...

Vallecano were leading the table at half way a couple of seasons ago with Kasey Keller in goals. Alaves got to the UEFA Cup Final in 2000/01.

Troy.McClure
26/06/2003, 5:13 PM
I saw Rayo in March when they bear Celta Vigo 1-0. They were brutal to say the least! Long ball upto the big center forward who would knock it down to... no-one, the little nippy striker was always miles away! Celta were fairly crap aswell though, dont know how they got on so well in the rest of the season, I must just have cought them on a bad day.