PDA

View Full Version : Euro2004 tickets

gspain
23/06/2003, 9:35 AM
I know this is tempting fate but I did apply for the "Follow My Team" tickets on www.euro2004.org (closed last week).

Just wondering if anyone knows if we are oversubscribed.
England, Portugal and Germany were oversubscribed a long time back and a Welsh friend was able to tell me that they were also now oversubscribed.

No word on us yet although Aertel did have a very generic piece.

BTW Sales re-open on August 1st for those interested.

gspain
23/06/2003, 10:07 AM
In answer to my own question there was a report on uefa.com i nthe past few minutes to indicate that we are oversubscribed along with Portugal, england, Germany, Holland & Wales.

Fingers crossed. If we do qualify tickets will be very very difficult to obtain.

tiktok
23/06/2003, 5:22 PM
apparently there were 50,000 subscriptions too many (between all the countries), but i'm sure it won't lead to anything like the ticketing fiasco of the world cup. (well, fingers crossed).

mouldymurphy
23/06/2003, 5:53 PM
was reading during the weekend that its a lotto on who gets the tickets and successful (sp?) applications will be notified during july

gspain
27/06/2003, 10:40 AM
It is very difficult to judge from the press releases what the chances are of getting tickets.

I still reckon they are pretty good as England would have been well oversubscribed along with Portugal.

And I know this is jumping the gun and we may not be there at all but if we do qualify tickets will be all but impossible to get.

petef
28/06/2003, 5:25 PM
How can they hold a draw for tickets when you dont know if were even going to get there or where were actually going to be playing?

gspain
28/06/2003, 9:44 PM
Originally posted by petef
How can they hold a draw for tickets when you dont know if were even going to get there or where were actually going to be playing?

Easy to organise - set aside 2,000-3,000 per country - only 2 countries can meet in any given game.

Easy to sell others on a match by match basis as well because
games are already fixed with venu8es and kickoff times but teams need to be drawn into those games.

The why is simple - money

Fans buy tickets for their team right through to the final - those knocked out get a refund less a handling fee in a few months.

If we qualify they'll have my money for a quarter final, semi and final that we may never reach and won't have to r4efund anything until Sept 2004.

Fans are still happy because you've got guaranteed tickets if we get threough and only lose a few quid handlinhg fee in the end.

petef
29/06/2003, 11:29 AM
Its all so much clearer. Does take a hell of a lot of planning in advance though.