PDA

View Full Version : BO'RST Showgrounds clean up

Pages : [1] 2

Rory H
06/02/2008, 1:26 PM
BO'RST showgrounds clean up will take place saturday feb 16th starting at 10am. It is important a large number attend as a lot of work has to be done in preperation for the first game[harps friendly]. All welcome

Rovers1
07/02/2008, 5:24 PM
spot on rory. the board has shown yet again theyre are behind the times, only 1 month to go till the season returns and still loads of work to be done. critical we get numbers to this.

redtildead
07/02/2008, 5:47 PM
Will be there as long as I dont have a match that morning.

Some good work got done last time hopefully a good turnout next Sat.

sligoman
13/02/2008, 8:45 PM
Just bumping this for those who may have missed it.

feo123
13/02/2008, 8:49 PM
*bump*

Red&White Rover
13/02/2008, 11:53 PM
Have a match on Saturday lads, at the moment...

deecay
14/02/2008, 1:03 AM
Great bump sligoman,top 5 at least

I might show me face,dont mind a bita painting

DonalE
14/02/2008, 4:47 PM
Work for Saturday will include painting (bring your own brushes, rollers etc), tidy up around the entrance and some work on the pitch ( :eek: )

The more the better lads, lot of work to be done

deecay
16/02/2008, 1:07 PM
About 10 there,left early for work,il let others explain what we did

forza rovers
16/02/2008, 3:13 PM
About 10 there,left early for work,il let others explain what we didwe but gravel behind the turnstiles put sand on the pitch and painted the blue stand

Rovers fan
16/02/2008, 3:16 PM
i think a couple of them painted the dugouts as well

redtildead
16/02/2008, 3:30 PM
Ran out of paint just before blue stand got finished
Some yellow steps in new stand have been painted also

deecay
16/02/2008, 6:37 PM
I know some people were working today and some work mon-fri and need time off but its was a disgrace that 10 people turned up

feo123
16/02/2008, 6:57 PM
i had a match thats why i couldnt go up, and also had to help with the u12 team as the manager was away.

forza rovers
16/02/2008, 7:11 PM
are we working next saturday?

Rovers fan
16/02/2008, 7:36 PM
are we working next saturday?

we might be painting the offices but i think they said it would be to hard to maintain. Donal will probably let us know anyway

SligoBrewer
16/02/2008, 7:54 PM
I was working.

forza rovers
16/02/2008, 7:55 PM
we might be painting the offices but i think they said it would be to hard to maintain. Donal will probably let us know anywayi think they were also on about giving the blue stand a second coat

clubman
16/02/2008, 10:36 PM
i think they were also on about giving the blue stand a second coat

Sure not that we play summer football there'll be no need for coats at all.
Why did ye paint the stand BLUE, don't we play in RED

Rovers fan
16/02/2008, 10:39 PM

we didn't paint it blue and if you are so concerned you could have come along to help out

feo123
16/02/2008, 10:48 PM

im beginning to think he's just another wind up merchant, like rocketfingers. can't believe youre giving out yet again for them tidying up the ground :confused:

Rovers fan
16/02/2008, 10:51 PM
im beginning to think he's just another wind up merchant, like rocketfingers. can't believe youre giving out yet again for them tidying up the ground :confused:

he seems to know a bit about the club so i'd say he is a rovers fan all right, he's just an absolute.............................

deecay
16/02/2008, 11:17 PM
Clubman,where in forza rovers's post did you see him saying that we painted the stand blue.You are a fool

forza rovers
17/02/2008, 7:50 AM
Why did ye paint the stand BLUE, don't we play in REDare you stupid a coat of paint dont be so lazy and come down next saturday and quit your complaning

clubman
17/02/2008, 10:30 AM
are you stupid a coat of paint dont be so lazy and come down next saturday and quit your complaning

Apologies.
I read it as you painted the BLUE stand.
I didn't realise we had a blue stand before you lot painted it.
I most be stupid.
I didn't join you as I was otherways employed.
I most be lazy.
I ask a few questions and people on here perceive them as complaints.
I most be a complainer.

Oh my god, have I got huge problems?

Arn't ye the intelligent boys. I can't imagine what ye'll be like when ye finish school.

forza rovers
17/02/2008, 12:49 PM
Apologies.
I read it as you painted the BLUE stand.
I didn't realise we had a blue stand before you lot painted it.
I most be stupid.
I didn't join you as I was otherways employed.
I most be lazy.
I ask a few questions and people on here perceive them as complaints.
I most be a complainer.

Oh my god, have I got huge problems?

Arn't ye the intelligent boys. I can't imagine what ye'll be like when ye finish school.
able to spell:D

forza rovers
19/02/2008, 7:03 PM
is there another clean up on saturday?

DonalE
20/02/2008, 12:40 PM
Tonight's Trust meeting has been moved forward to 6:30 pm, City Hotel

Rory H
20/02/2008, 2:14 PM
There is a clean up for this Saturday, painting,work on the pitch and more.

forza rovers
20/02/2008, 4:58 PM
There is a clean up for this Saturday, painting,work on the pitch and more.10 o'clock?

oldyouth
20/02/2008, 5:13 PM
Reading all this with interest. Fair play to those that are putting in an effort to present their ground as best they can. Shows a real affinity to your club, well done.

sligoman
20/02/2008, 7:05 PM
10 o'clock this Saturday morning yeah. Bring rollers if possible as there will be a lot of painting being done among other stuff.

forza rovers
20/02/2008, 7:10 PM
10 o'clock this Saturday morning yeah. Bring rollers if possible as there will be a lot of painting being done among other stuff.
see you there. Everybody try get down its only 3-4 hours and its helping the club:ball:

Rovers fan
20/02/2008, 7:40 PM

where are we painting do you know?

sligoman
20/02/2008, 7:42 PM
where are we painting do you know?Wherever needs it, loads of red paint to be used anyway. We still need to finish the Jinks and probably steps in Treacy Ave.

forza rovers
20/02/2008, 7:43 PM
Wherever needs it, loads of red paint to be used anyway. We still need to finish the Jinks and probably steps in Treacy Ave.
i thik we might be painting the red stand

Guitd
20/02/2008, 11:51 PM
i thik we might be painting the red stand

lads are ye maintaining the pitch as well?
surely ye have a proper groundstaff to carry out a proper maintenance prog the pitch is most important do ye get contractors in to do this work

deecay
21/02/2008, 12:00 AM
When you have no money and great fans like us you dont need contractors,well not for painting and shoveling.We are building a club shop with a phyiso room at the back,professionals of coarse

neutrino
21/02/2008, 12:24 PM
surely ye have a proper groundstaff to carry out a proper maintenance prog the pitch is most important do ye get contractors in to do this work

ha - welcome to at least 15 years ago !!:D This has been a major bone of contention for years !! Somebody cuts/rolls the pitch and the rest is down to mother nature.:(

Well done to all the lads who are doing the work around The Showgrounds !! Fare play.

Rovers fan
21/02/2008, 4:09 PM

we put a bit of sand on it. It was lengthened a while ago and will be made wider in the future. afaik we had some top groundsman who worked for free but he was let go. no prizes for guessing who let him go!

sligoman
21/02/2008, 4:51 PM
afaik we had some top groundsman who worked for free but he was let go. no prizes for guessing who let him go!Are you on about the guy who did Wembley? He was only there to take a sample of the pitch for free, he wasn't working on the pitch.

Rovers fan
21/02/2008, 6:06 PM
Are you on about the guy who did Wembley? He was only there to take a sample of the pitch for free, he wasn't working on the pitch.

Ya thats the guy. Oh right somebody told me a wrong version of the story so.

DonalE
21/02/2008, 6:31 PM
Ya thats the guy. Oh right somebody told me a wrong version of the story so.

Maybe you picked it up wrong ;)

Rovers fan
21/02/2008, 6:53 PM
Maybe you picked it up wrong ;)

Me?? I wouldn't do something of the sort. I don't want to publicly shame the person who told me!!

clubman
21/02/2008, 7:27 PM
Me?? I wouldn't do something of the sort. I don't want to publicly shame the person who told me!!

Ah go on name and shame :-)

Rovers fan
21/02/2008, 7:39 PM
"I'm near sure sligoman is thinkin of a different story

few weeks ago someone took samples of the pitch for free just for tests

I heard this about 2 years ago. this fella wasnt workin for the club. he said he could do it for free but wasnt let/ornot approached

im nearly sure im right". Quoted from the pm the unnamed person sent! I wouldn't take that sligoman!

sligoman
21/02/2008, 7:47 PM
"I'm near sure sligoman is thinkin of a different story

few weeks ago someone took samples of the pitch for free just for tests

I heard this about 2 years ago. this fella wasnt workin for the club. he said he could do it for free but wasnt let/ornot approached

im nearly sure im right". Quoted from the pm the unnamed person sent! I wouldn't take that sligoman!Well the guy who did the pitch at Wembley took samples of the showgrounds pitch about 3-4 weeks ago. He did it for free after RG allowed him. Said soil underneath is perfect and just the top that needed doing. I never said he was working for the club, that was you, if this person thinks I'm wrong why don't they say it here rather than PM'ing others behind my back.

clubman
21/02/2008, 8:49 PM
Well the guy who did the pitch at Wembley took samples of the showgrounds pitch about 3-4 weeks ago. He did it for free after RG allowed him. Said soil underneath is perfect and just the top that needed doing. I never said he was working for the club, that was you, if this person thinks I'm wrong why don't they say it here rather than PM'ing others behind my back.

Sligoman you are 100% correct in what you say.

deecay
21/02/2008, 8:50 PM
behind my back.
Your not a girl and you dont attend college in America so you cannot use that phrase

sligoman
21/02/2008, 8:54 PM
Your not a girl and you dont attend collage in America so you cannot use that phrase:confused:, only college people in America use that do they? I'm fairly sure it's a worldwide phrase.