PDA

View Full Version : Mons Launch 2008 Jersey

Magicme
05/02/2008, 5:49 PM
Monaghan United are delighted to present their new Home jersey for the upcoming season. United signed a 3 year deal with sportswear giants Nike for the supply of the Senior team gear.

Jersey sponsor The Squealing Pig are delighted to have their name emblazoned across the blue and white striped jersey as well as the green and black away jersey and the white with red “flash” 3rd jersey.

This is the only FAI eircom League of Ireland team that Nike have gotten involved with this season.

www.monaghanunited.ie for sneak pre-view

Sheridan
05/02/2008, 5:57 PM
This is the only FAI eircom League of Ireland team that Nike have gotten involved with this season.
I say, just because you take their money doesn't mean you have to take their language.

www.monaghanunited.ie for sneak pre-view
This is going to end being a very negative post, and I know pecunia non olet and all that, but that's hardly an appropriate shirt sponsor... Also, the jersey is horrendous - interrupted stripes, a fashion crime not seen since the mid nineties. Was it a rush job by Nike?

monutdfc
06/02/2008, 7:52 AM
Did you take the picture down off the website magime, it's not there now

monutdfc
06/02/2008, 8:11 AM
Ok, I see what happened; time for another lesson I think ;)

Pauro 76
06/02/2008, 8:20 AM
The Squealing Pig. Nice sponsorship! ;)

Monkfish
06/02/2008, 9:01 AM
Also, the jersey is horrendous
Wouldnt go that far but its a bit boring. :)

Magicme
06/02/2008, 9:09 AM
monutdfc, couldn't find the appropriate programme to re-size it as Jake had a quiz and was rushing out the door so thanks for fixing it!

As for the other comments, Sheridan, again the "gotten" was down to a rush job on my behalf and yes the final jersey will be tweaked a little, that was just a sample they did up. As for it being horrendous, that is your opinion.

The Squealing Pig sponsored us last year and are great supporters of the club. Kids jerseys do not have the sponsor on them which is a pity in a way as a major part of the Pigs business is a great family restaurant.

monutdfc
06/02/2008, 9:17 AM
monutdfc, couldn't find the appropriate programme to re-size it as Jake had a quiz and was rushing out the door so thanks for fixing it!

let me know if you need the programme (fully licensed of course)

The Squealing Pig sponsored us last year and are great supporters of the club. Kids jerseys do not have the sponsor on them which is a pity in a way as a major part of the Pigs business is a great family restaurant.
I think that is an important point - kids' shirts should not have alcohol sponsors on them imo (call me an old fuddy duddy if you like). Liverpool and Celtic take note. A bar/restaurant such as The Squealing Pig is a bit different, but I can see the point.

Magicme
06/02/2008, 9:20 AM
Agree totally sir! Have no real problem with it not being on kids shirts but wouldnt have a problem with it being on them either as it is my kids favourite place to eat and sometimes watch a big match in.

Mite need that programme alright as the Kodax one I was trying to do it on doesnt seem to have a facility for compressing the pics. We are getting a new computer in the club in the next few weeks though so it mite be better to wait.

aidz1
08/02/2008, 9:30 AM
Dare i say it...but this jersey reminds me of a tesco shopping bag!!!!:D

eelmonster
08/02/2008, 10:11 AM
The jersey looks well, and the sponsor is most appropriate :D I presume the green/black away will be like the old GC away shirt, but any ideas what this red 'flash' 3rd shirt will look like?

Magicme
08/02/2008, 1:01 PM
Its like a white jersey with a red scoop on the side as far as I can remember but only saw it briefly in the catalog. Will get a pic up as soon as I can.

eelmonster
08/02/2008, 5:09 PM
Cheers Mags.

Magicme
08/02/2008, 6:08 PM
Never been called that before!!!

eelmonster
09/02/2008, 12:21 AM
Quicker to type, what, what. Mags makes you sound endearing.

Magicme
09/02/2008, 10:29 AM
Ummmm....not so sure it is possible to make me sound endearing but hey thanks for trying!!

Ash
11/02/2008, 12:55 PM
Agree totally sir! Have no real problem with it not being on kids shirts but wouldnt have a problem with it being on them either as it is my kids favourite place to eat and sometimes watch a big match in.

Could the kids jerseys not have "The Squealing Pig Restaurant" printed on it?

Magicme
11/02/2008, 12:59 PM
Possibly, but the restaurant, though part of the Pig complex is called Mullen Mills so not sure he would want to do that.

Magicme
11/02/2008, 2:16 PM
photo of the away jersey now on view on www.monaghanunited.ie

It doesn't have the club crest or the sponsors on that picture.

monutdfc
11/02/2008, 2:39 PM
Is that Sendoros in the picture? Has he signed for us?

Magicme
11/02/2008, 3:48 PM
yeah he has. Told ya Mick Cooke is the best manager in the world ever. He managed to convince him to play for us for €50 a week.

monutdfc
11/02/2008, 3:50 PM
Ha ha, if you saw my original post I deleted the bit that given Mick's record in signing rubbish centre-halves he probably has!

Magicme
11/02/2008, 4:41 PM
You are very bold!