PDA

View Full Version : Castlebar Celtic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

gunner1
05/02/2008, 5:13 PM
good luck to all the lads on another long journey,do the town proud.
com'on the celts!!!

Thunderblaster
07/02/2008, 6:09 PM
Is this the courtesy car for Gavin Dykes that was given to him in 2005??:eek::D

irishyop
07/02/2008, 8:18 PM
Best of luck lads, do u all proud

Closing Time
08/02/2008, 8:19 AM
Is this the courtesy car for Gavin Dykes that was given to him in 2005??:eek::D

I am sure its the one Brendan O'Connor left behind him

renovater
08/02/2008, 6:41 PM
Welcome on board,
I wondered how long it would take for your club to start a thread, good luck with it. Don't mind those small minded Westport thread bearers, they don't share the view of decent Westport people.
I hope you have a good one down at Grattan, even thou they seem very unsporting, moving the game to Saturday. Knowing the Celtic spirit you will over come adversity and win the day.:ball:

Closing Time
09/02/2008, 4:10 PM
Welcome on board,
I wondered how long it would take for your club to start a thread, good luck with it. Don't mind those small minded Westport thread bearers, they don't share the view of decent Westport people.
I hope you have a good one down at Grattan, even thou they seem very unsporting, moving the game to Saturday. Knowing the Celtic spirit you will over come adversity and win the day.:ball:

Cheers, won 5-3 on peno's with 9 men

renovater
09/02/2008, 4:54 PM
Cheers, won 5-3 on peno's with 9 men
Well done!!
I am sure The Gray One, will punch the air after winning this one. Looking forward to your match report, sending off and all.
Give us your opinion on the sending offs. :ball:

pixiehead
14/02/2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/match-reports/galway-uniteds-weekend-results.html Have a look at this link. When did Tierney start playing with United :confused:

irishyop
14/02/2008, 1:08 PM
Did not know he had there Pixie, must be a recent move.

Closing Time
15/02/2008, 9:46 AM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/match-reports/galway-uniteds-weekend-results.html Have a look at this link. When did Tierney start playing with United :confused:
Knew he was training with them since he moved to Galway last season. It would be great if he got a contract. A bit small IMO for the first team. Should be OK for their A & U-20 team.

irishyop
15/02/2008, 10:45 AM
Knew he was training with them since he moved to Galway last season. It would be great if he got a contract. A bit small IMO for the first team. Should be OK for their A & U-20 team.

In college up there is he CT? He would be the same size as Given would he not? He has plenty of spring, so could make up for his lack of height.
Still a lot to be said for 6ft 3" keeper when corners are floating in ;)

pixiehead
15/02/2008, 2:59 PM

Ya hes probably playing for the under 20 side. Hes does come out with some daft stuff on the pitch when hes playing. awful funny :D

renovater
15/02/2008, 6:50 PM
Ya hes probably playing for the under 20 side. Hes does come out with some daft stuff on the pitch when hes playing. awful funny :D
Have had the pleasure of his company,good talker, never stops. does make the odd blooper.
Don't think he can move thou, not untill 31st May as he would be tied to Castlebar Celtic untill then, as he is contracted to them as u-18 player.

This thread seem to bring the worse out on some of our Westport Thread Bearer.They do need to grow up, and take stock of what they think,before they print it.
Celtic got good coverage in the local press.there seem to more written about them, than there counter part over there in Clew Bay.

Thunderblaster
16/02/2008, 10:33 AM
This thread seem to bring the worse out on some of our Westport Thread Bearer.They do need to grow up, and take stock of what they think,before they print it.
Celtic got good coverage in the local press.there seem to more written about them, than there counter part over there in Clew Bay.

There is nothing like good, funny, banter between Westport and Celtic. The earlier post was a bit of a laugh, and the reply was taken in good spirits.

No complaints about the recent coverage. Best of luck to the U.16's tomorrow.

renovater
16/02/2008, 3:03 PM
[QUOTE=Thunderblaster;879087]There is nothing like good, funny, banter between Westport and Celtic.

Its seems to have an effect on some of you,for all the wrong reasons:ball:

renovater
16/02/2008, 3:06 PM
[QUOTE=Thunderblaster;879087] The earlier post was a bit of a laugh,
in poor tasted:mad:

Closing Time
17/02/2008, 9:13 AM
We wish him well.
Celtic U-16's play Kilmurray in the Mayo Cup final today in Milebush @ 2.00 pm and will be looking to do the double like the clubs U-12's. Best of luck to Pat Naughton, Roger Towey & all the squad. Well done to the U-12's who have booked their place in the Connacht Cup semi-final against Ballinasloe Town as did the U-16 during the week. Best of luck to Ballyheane & Utd U-16's today.

Leveller
17/02/2008, 12:30 PM
Celtic got Michaels at home, a nice draw.

renovater
17/02/2008, 6:03 PM
We wish him well.
Celtic U-16's play Kilmurray in the Mayo Cup final today in Milebush @ 2.00 pm and will be looking to do the double like the clubs U-12's. Best of luck to Pat Naughton, Roger Towey & all the squad. Well done to the U-12's who have booked their place in the Connacht Cup semi-final against Ballinasloe Town as did the U-16 during the week. Best of luck to Ballyheane & Utd U-16's today.
How did the u-16 final go today?
Westport went down 1-0 to Mervue
Ballyheane play next Sunday 2pm

Closed Account
18/02/2008, 1:43 PM
How did the u-16 final go today?
Westport went down 1-0 to Mervue
Ballyheane play next Sunday 2pm
7-0 to Celtic. Sounds like another outstanding crop of youngsters coming through at Celtic. Fair play to them. One of the best underage setups in the country despite the limited facilities.

renovater
18/02/2008, 8:03 PM
7-0 to Celtic. Sounds like another outstanding crop of youngsters coming through at Celtic. Fair play to them. One of the best underage setups in the country despite the limited facilities.

Well what can I say, you started off well, you should have stopped while you where a head.
The Sarcasm won't get you anywhere. I do remember not long ago when you played in the swamps, but then you may not have been around that time.
It a pity when you forget were you come from.

Closed Account
18/02/2008, 8:16 PM
Well what can I say, you started off well, you should have stopped while you where a head.
The Sarcasm won't get you anywhere. I do remember not long ago when you played in the swamps, but then you may not have been around that time.
It a pity when you forget were you come from.

Sarcasm? Don't be so defensive. I played underage for celtic. Its a tribute to them that they are so successful despite only having 1 pitch. Imagine how good they'd be with Salthill Devons facilities.

historynut
18/02/2008, 10:51 PM
Aware your club was in above now defunct league.
Just wondered if any of your supporters were aware and can share details of Castlebar's record in league, believe you were champions in 1988/89 with Salthill Devon runners up appreciate any information.
Did you ever reach any Connacht Senior Cup finals, winning it or being runners up, or aware of any semi-final appearances (this will at least give details of finalist's).
Appreciate any info given.

renovater
23/02/2008, 5:36 PM
Sarcasm? Don't be so defensive. I played underage for celtic. Its a tribute to them that they are so successful despite only having 1 pitch. Imagine how good they'd be with Salthill Devons facilities.
Well there always been movement of players between Celtic and Snugboro over the years, you would be no exception. But for one who had the privilege of playing with Celtic, should at leased reserve your comments, re Grounds.:(
Regardless of one pitch or ten pitches its success that counts, and Celtic has plenty of that, there no need to compare Devon with Celtic, they Celtic didn't fall in for a wind fall like Devon did.

OscarBravo
24/02/2008, 1:19 PM
Well there always been movement of players between Celtic and Snugboro over the years, you would be no exception. But for one who had the privilege of playing with Celtic, should at leased reserve your comments, re Grounds.:(
Regardless of one pitch or ten pitches its success that counts, and Celtic has plenty of that, there no need to compare Devon with Celtic, they Celtic didn't fall in for a wind fall like Devon did.

Ah Reno take it easy. He's not insulting Celtic - just stating a very obvious fact - they have succeeded at the highest level in underage despite only having one pitch. That pitch has been under serious pressure and most of the teams they play in the latter stages of FAI games have much better facilities. That's a fact and Celtic deserve all the more credit because of that

renovater
24/02/2008, 6:06 PM
Ah Reno take it easy. He's not insulting Celtic - just stating a very obvious fact - they have succeeded at the highest level in underage despite only having one pitch. That pitch has been under serious pressure and most of the teams they play in the latter stages of FAI games have much better facilities. That's a fact and Celtic deserve all the more credit because of that
We will leave it there. just thought his comment, was not just.
that the way I read it.

renovater
28/02/2008, 9:51 PM
Well Its about time someone told Mr Dykes that his position, with in the club is Team Manager, and his comments in local newspapers, Connaught Telegraph Story Tom Kelly. Should only refer to match fixtures.
Should he refer to facts in any story, he should at leased publish them. So that we are all able to establish whether or not they are true.
I would think Castlebar Celtic like any club would release statements, with regard to comments out side the remit of the Team Manager, would do so through it P.R.O. or Chairperson / Secretary.
I like to think that Castlebar Celtic is a club who is led by its Chairperson not by someone, who has an ego trip.::confused:

OscarBravo
29/02/2008, 4:40 AM
What exactly did Dykes say?

renovater
29/02/2008, 8:14 PM
What exactly did Dykes say?
Over last 2 weeks he been throwing his wait around, as if he represented the club, as its spokesperson.
However in this week's Connaught I think he over step his mark.
While I think he good for Celtic, he should reserve his comments to him self.

gunner1
04/03/2008, 2:30 AM
Over last 2 weeks he been throwing his wait around, as if he represented the club, as its spokesperson.

maybe you should look after your own club.????????????????????????????????
he without sin,don't start me!!

The Don
04/03/2008, 8:10 AM

Maybe Mr Dykes should look after his own club and save us from this constant waffle he seems to spurt out to local media week in week out. Quotes including the word " fact " should at least have some fact included in them, not just idle pub talk.

Cloggs
04/03/2008, 2:52 PM

didnt get the connaught this week.what did he say?

renovater
05/03/2008, 8:20 PM
maybe you should look after your own club.????????????????????????????????
he without sin,don't start me!!
My dear friend I think you missed the point completely, Mr Dykes position with in the club, is Team Manager.
Not spokesman on affairs that he can't simply back up, other than say he holds the facts. I like others are interested in those facts so we can establish whether
or not he has a case to answer. He either puts up or shuts up. Not use the local press as his talk shop.
On a positive note I hope the club does well on Sunday, if only for the club sake , not Mr Ego.

feo123
05/03/2008, 8:57 PM
dykesy is a very very good coach and manager, gets the team going and prepares well, i played for him for 3 years. i heard he went all the way to tipperary to watch sundays opponents, and i think the team are staying in a hotel saturday night even though its a home game, very good managment.
mr ego is a stupid title to give him....

Leveller
05/03/2008, 10:28 PM
dykesy is a very very good coach and manager, gets the team going and prepares well, i played for him for 3 years. i heard he went all the way to tipperary to watch sundays opponents, and i think the team are staying in a hotel saturday night even though its a home game, very good managment.

What position were Harps and Derry in when he left them?

irishyop
06/03/2008, 7:44 AM
Best of luck to the lads on Sunday, hope we get a good crowd over, but ye Covies may have bother getting over with the Rally on closing off some of the roads ;)

threefivetwo
06/03/2008, 5:35 PM
What position were Harps and Derry in when he left them?

he is a legend in derry, was up there 4 a friendly between celtic and derry 3 years ago and it was dykes first game back at the brandywell and he got a massive reception from the derry fans, he kept derry up and was offeres the job as full time but left because of family reasons with derry gone full time. get your facts right good lad before you go talkin about something you obviously don't know about!!

Leveller
06/03/2008, 7:29 PM
he is a legend in derry, was up there 4 a friendly between celtic and derry 3 years ago and it was dykes first game back at the brandywell and he got a massive reception from the derry fans, he kept derry up and was offeres the job as full time but left because of family reasons with derry gone full time. get your facts right good lad before you go talkin about something you obviously don't know about!!

He left Derry second bottom in the league when he resigned.

renovater
06/03/2008, 10:35 PM
Hey Sham,
Try and read the thread. I never for one moment question his ability to manage,
however many may not agree with you.
My reasons are for comments he made in a local paper, which he has not back them up. its called "Facts"
Yes I do think and many others even loyal supporters of Celtic, think he has cross the line.

gunner1
07/03/2008, 1:39 AM
Hey Sham,
Try and read the thread. I never for one moment question his ability to manage,
however many may not agree with you.
My reasons are for comments he made in a local paper, which he has not back them up. its called "Facts"
Yes I do think and many others even loyal supporters of Celtic, think he has cross the line.

name them? or stop talking s"""e

gunner1
07/03/2008, 1:41 AM
good luck to the celts on sunday,com no c/bar

The Don
07/03/2008, 8:20 AM
name them? or stop talking s"""e

???????

threefivetwo
07/03/2008, 10:24 AM
He left Derry second bottom in the league when he resigned.

what kind of sate were they in before he joined?? he brought mark farren into the panel who was one of the best players in the eircom league the following year and kevin deery, another player who was class the following year along with many others!!!! please stop commenting on things you haven't got a clue about!!!!! it's getting old!!

Leveller
07/03/2008, 12:30 PM
what kind of sate were they in before he joined?? he brought mark farren into the panel who was one of the best players in the eircom league the following year and kevin deery, another player who was class the following year along with many others!!!! please stop commenting on things you haven't got a clue about!!!!! it's getting old!!

Havent got a clue? I am just stating the facts, they were second bottom. You are starting to sound like a stock market speculator with respect to the players, in your opinion they performed well, but under his successors stewardship.

threefivetwo
08/03/2008, 11:22 AM
Havent got a clue? I am just stating the facts, they were second bottom. You are starting to sound like a stock market speculator with respect to the players, in your opinion they performed well, but under his successors stewardship.

you don't even know the man so don't b talkin s**t. look what he has achieved since he came to celtic, do u not remember the f.a.i senior cup game against shamrock rovers? first mayo team to get into that round!!! junior cup semi final, quarter final 2moro, sem,i final of the u-21 league, 1st year in it, connaught final 3 years ago, mayo league and few cups......... thats statin facts, can't argue with that record!!!!!!!!!! i'm sure you've some childish stupid reply to that now!!

red metal
08/03/2008, 12:02 PM
First off Gavin Dykes is one of the most honest men you will meet.I know Gavin well and he is a winner first and foremost.And will do anything that he see fit to bring his club Castlebar Celtic trophys and as the manager i cant see nothing wrong with that.His record since he has been with Castlebar Celtic is second to none as allready stated by three five 2.Some people might not like the style off football he plays but its very effective for Castlebar Celtic.And i think he is doing a great job not only at Castlebar but raising the profile of the mayo league in general.And long may it last for Gavin and Castlebar Celtic.Best of luck tommorow to Castlebar Celtic

Leveller
08/03/2008, 6:59 PM
you don't even know the man so don't b talkin s**t. look what he has achieved since he came to celtic, do u not remember the f.a.i senior cup game against shamrock rovers? first mayo team to get into that round!!! junior cup semi final, quarter final 2moro, sem,i final of the u-21 league, 1st year in it, connaught final 3 years ago, mayo league and few cups......... thats statin facts, can't argue with that record!!!!!!!!!! i'm sure you've some childish stupid reply to that now!!

Yes he had to sign former LOI players and a couple of players from other ML teams to acheive those feats in the Fai Junior Cup and Connacht Cups.

Relax

threefivetwo
10/03/2008, 9:59 AM
Yes he had to sign former LOI players and a couple of players from other ML teams to acheive those feats in the Fai Junior Cup and Connacht Cups.

Relax

them players wanted to sign and i would safely say they were glad they did, they wanted to play for a team that r going somewhere and play under a manager with massive experience and a sound man 2!!! good players come to good and succesful clubs!!!!!! it shows exactly how big a club celtic is if they can attarct former loi players!!! at least they own their own pitch!!!

Leveller
11/03/2008, 8:07 PM
them players wanted to sign and i would safely say they were glad they did, they wanted to play for a team that r going somewhere and play under a manager with massive experience and a sound man 2!!! good players come to good and succesful clubs!!!!!! it shows exactly how big a club celtic is if they can attarct former loi players!!! at least they own their own pitch!!!

They came to your club but you still failed in the external competitions.

We are building are own pitch and we will have one of the best grounds in the country, and yes we will own it.

By the way Westport is has half the population of CBar and Westport teams have still won more league titles than you since the formation of the ML. We are just a bit behind in the Connacht Cup Section.

We won a Junior Cup, and we did not own our ground.

You were lucky on sunday, the covies were disappointed in your team, you are still playing the same rubbish employing a 5 man midfield and one up front. A blatant penalty was overlooked for St Michaels, along with a few offsides which were onside. When you meet a decent team you will be found out.

How did your punch up go after the match?:D

Closing Time
11/03/2008, 10:25 PM
They came to your club but you still failed in the external competitions.

We are building are own pitch and we will have one of the best grounds in the country, and yes we will own it.

By the way Westport is has half the population of CBar and Westport teams have still won more league titles than you since the formation of the ML. We are just a bit behind in the Connacht Cup Section.

We won a Junior Cup, and we did not own our ground.

You were lucky on sunday, the covies were disappointed in your team, you are still playing the same rubbish employing a 5 man midfield and one up front. A blatant penalty was overlooked for St Michaels, along with a few offsides which were onside. When you meet a decent team you will be found out.

How did your punch up go after the match?:D
I take it from your post your not a real football person. But let me reply to some of your commnets above. You need to get your facts correct: Celtic have won more League titles (16), More Connacht Senior Leagues (1) More Connacht Cups (9 you are 4 behind), More Mayo FA Cups (6), More Connacht Youths Cups (8 to your 1), More Quigley Cups (13 to your 1 maybe 2), both clubs have won FAI National titles. Come get your facts right. Of course the covies were disappointed in our team we won. As for your plans for your pitch well done it only has taken you 97 years to get your act together and buy something. All Mayo clubs should take a leaf out of your book, not. As for off sides last Sunday I think you were looking through your I hate everything about Castlebar especailly Celtic glasses. If we dont go on and win the JC we will take our beating and not resort to going to court to get back in the competition.