PDA

View Full Version : Is Greg the right Captain for City

James
20/06/2003, 2:17 PM
well RedX has posed the question earlier
is greg the right man to captain cork city

James
20/06/2003, 2:19 PM
and i'll set the ball rolling on what i think is an easy questions to answer with a big fat YES

greg imo is the perfect captain.. honest commited, determined a leader of men..a tryer.. a battler.. a class act

Éanna
20/06/2003, 2:32 PM
i think he's growing into it. of course it took time for him to get used to it, but IMO it was a good call by dolan.

sadloserkid
20/06/2003, 2:33 PM
I've also voted yes, any time I've ever seen Cork he's been at the heart of the performance. I'm sure your gang won't agree but you've got a shortage of leaders out there from where I'm slouching.

NorthoftheLee
20/06/2003, 2:43 PM
as i've already stated in the originally thread YES YES and one more YES

Family Guy
20/06/2003, 2:54 PM
Who will captain the side against Bohs when Greg is suspended?
Will it be Dan again, who did a fine job against Waterford,or will it be Georgie?

Troy.McClure
20/06/2003, 4:37 PM
Id go for Napier! I think that he is a better defender than Bennet and should be in ahead of him, push Bennet into midfield instead of Conor. At the moment though (ie without Napier) Id go for Greg alright, the midfield is useless around him, JOF & George arent really team leaders and Dan is relatively new (& not from Cork, not that that makes a huge difference, but)

cheekyais
20/06/2003, 8:30 PM
I voted yes aswell!!!! Greg is a class captain and theres no one better. With him around you know your team is safe and he is doing a brilliant job and all i can say is keep up the good work Greg. I think Dan should be his replacement when Greg isnt available.

tiktok
20/06/2003, 9:45 PM
yes from me, i'd sooner have a captain who leads by example than one who talks a bit more while drifting out.

thecorner
22/06/2003, 1:14 AM
ive voted no. greg has been very mediocre this season so far. we need a captain thats gonna get us a goal when we need it badly
thats why dan should be captain
he talks and gets us out of sticky situations(well he did last season last year anyway)

ian
22/06/2003, 9:39 AM
A my pal the corner you are talking a bit dafft greg is the right man for the CAPTAINS job he is doing it alone in midfield at times and he cant be all over the pitch all the time after all he is not a robot. As for Dan he is doing fine as a stand in captain maybe in the next few years he could be captain if he is still hear.

liamon
23/06/2003, 4:12 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
ive voted no. greg has been very mediocre this season so far. we need a captain thats gonna get us a goal when we need it badly
thats why dan should be captain
he talks and gets us out of sticky situations(well he did last season last year anyway)

Wouldn't agree with ya there.
Greg is one of the few players actually playing well in midfield.
And being a captain doesn't have to include scoring goals.
As long as you're motivating the team on the pitch, that's enough. Goals are a bonus.
I think Greg would be even better with someone else to support him in the centre of the park.
As it is, he sets a great example. Good attitude for 90 minutes.
Deserves the arm band.

Trax
23/06/2003, 5:17 PM
Well it looks like the Yes camp is running away with it,and rightly so in my opinion.Btw who votes not sure???? It always makes me laugh:p The best ones are in the newspapers when people ring in to say they are undecided,class.

steven17
25/06/2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Dan is relatively new (& not from Cork, not that that makes a huge difference, but)
so what roy keane isn`t from manchester whats your point you want th best man for the job dosn`t matter if hes from cork or mars

pete
25/06/2003, 3:50 PM
Greg seems to have come through a dodgy path with city a couple of years ago & no surprise he a popular choice as captian.

Dan Murray is a great player for city but is maybe too young yet for captain plus i think theres no guarantee he be still with city come next season. Clubs need a captain that will be at the club for at least a few years & someone in tune with the fans.

Slurms McKenzie
28/06/2003, 8:01 PM
Originally posted by James
and i'll set the ball rolling on what i think is an easy questions to answer with a big fat YES

greg imo is the perfect captain.. honest commited, determined a leader of men..a tryer.. a battler.. a class act

I agree wit James. I think that Greg models himself on James' greatness and integrity.