sadloserkid
20/06/2003, 10:15 AM
Bohs V Bate Borisov in Europe.

TheSeagullsNest
20/06/2003, 10:41 AM
through that they play Rosenberg

The Sheliban
20/06/2003, 11:15 AM
My advice to Bohs would be to ban the word Rosenberg until after the second leg.
Remembering Shels last year.

Macy
20/06/2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by The Sheliban
Remembering Shels last year.
I'd rather not remember that embarrassment to Irish football thanks....

d13bohs
20/06/2003, 12:09 PM
Sheliban, a few of us have been trying to point that out on the Bohs message board but there are some fools who won't listen and are getting carried away. Borisov have the highest co-efficient of the 10 unseeded teams we could have got, if last years intertoto cup results counted towards their co-efficient they would have been seeded. In the first round they beat a Danish side 3-0 on aggregate, then walloped 1860 Munich 5-0 on aggregate :eek: and finally went out to Bologna 2-0. This will be an extrememly difficult tie, though I am still optimistic that we'll win, I am not even thinking about Rosenborg

The Sheliban
20/06/2003, 12:37 PM
I agree totally. The problem is not many people have heard of Bate, so expectations will be high. The reality is that if you do get through, it will take one of the great Irish performances to do so.
So whereas there should be no pressure because you're underdogs, people's expectations will create its own unwanted and unneeded pressure.

Colm
20/06/2003, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by d13bohs
In the first round they beat a Danish side 3-0 on aggregate, then walloped 1860 Munich 5-0 on aggregate :eek: and finally went out to Bologna 2-0.

They sound quite handy so, Bohs would be well advised to take them extremly seriously and not get complacent.

pineapple stu
20/06/2003, 7:06 PM
They would have been the seeded team as well if anybody other than Bohs had won the league, so they'll be delighted with the draw.

Bohs haven't long to get back to form either - first leg's a week or two after the re-start here. Belorus have summer soccer as well, I think (imagine all the former USSR states have summer soccer).

If they get past them, they'll have done very well. Still, probably our best hope this year...