PDA

View Full Version : Greg O Halloran...

RedX
20/06/2003, 12:15 AM
Do Cork City supporters think that Greg is the right choice as club captain?.Sometimes i wonder is he the best choice.He does not come across as exactly a great speaker when dealing with the media,and i dont know where the newspapers get this Captain marvel name they give him sometimes.I dont think Greg is a player like say Dave Hill was who would lift up the team if they were losing.Do we have a player like that?I am not sure.Does anyone else think someone else would be a better club captain.Maybe Dan Murray?

NorthoftheLee
20/06/2003, 8:19 AM
greg is great as as captain...all that the other players have to do is look at his commitment on the pitch................that should be enough to inspire them...........always gives 100%.......

razor
20/06/2003, 10:16 AM
Not a bother, he gives 110% for the club and thats what you need.

The only thing Greg lacks is a decent partner in the centre of the park.

niamh
20/06/2003, 10:18 AM
Greg plays with his heart. He's commited to the cause. And I have seen him talking to players on the pitch. He is the right captain because he wants to play for the club and no one else.

Colm
20/06/2003, 1:15 PM
I think Greg is an excellent captain. I often see him roaring instructions at the players and he has immense pride in the club.
After the 2-1 defeat to Rovers in Dublin this season, most of the players were going off the pitch at the end without acknowledging the large travelling support. Greg started shouting at them and dragged a lot of them over to applaude the fans.
Greg would definately still be my choice as captain.

liamon
20/06/2003, 1:17 PM
Not so sure about George acting as captain.
Great skill, but he's a bit hot-headed and I'm not sure all his talking really motivates his team mates.

Anyway, our current captain deserves it. Greg runs for the full 90 mins and doesn't back out of any tackle. Sets a great example.

patsh
20/06/2003, 1:48 PM
Beats Deccie hands down. Only Dan or Benno would be the only other suitable choices I think. But Greg is certainly a good choice.

Éanna
20/06/2003, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by liamon
he's a bit hot-headed
I don't think thats really the case any more. Few years ago he got booked for silly things, but he's ironed that out of his game. When was the last time he got booked for a silly tackle or for backchat?

James
20/06/2003, 2:41 PM
ok kids
made this into a poll type thing
all answers welcome please :)