PDA

View Full Version : FAI to be charged with illegal approach?

Noelys Guitar
03/02/2008, 10:24 PM
Not only are Salzburg ****ed off but so are Reading. What a shambles.
http://www.chatsoccer.eu/news/index.php/Republic-of-Ireland/FAI-made-illegal-approach-to-Trapattoni.html

NeilMcD
03/02/2008, 10:30 PM
where are you getting the reading bit and it does have a question mark on it

Noelys Guitar
03/02/2008, 10:38 PM
where are you getting the reading bit and it does have a question mark on it

I'm almost certain that Madejski said last week that he did not appreciate the FAI's interest in Coppell. The tribune article today suggests the amigos contacted Coppell on two different occasions.

NeilMcD
03/02/2008, 10:39 PM
Do you have the link to Madjeski saying that as i have not heard that and there is no proof.

Noelys Guitar
03/02/2008, 10:40 PM
Do you have the link to Madjeski saying that as i have not heard that and there is no proof.

I wil try find it again. I think it was on thisislondon.

NeilMcD
03/02/2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23432988-details/Coppell+rejects+a+Republic+move...for+now/article.do

Philly
03/02/2008, 11:29 PM
Great. The two managers that actually have jobs they went after, both their approaches were ****ed up and illegal? Bravo boyos, you always raise the bar of stupidity when the chance arises.

No way would Salzburg or Reading allow their managers to be offered the Ireland job, at least not without agreeing something with the FAI. But it's okay, having a pint with Don, Don and Rayo doesn't count as anything.

Bald Student
04/02/2008, 3:06 AM
This is how football works.

eirebhoy
04/02/2008, 7:47 AM
Clubs are allowed talk to players with less than 6 months remaining on their contracts. Would there not be a similar rule for coaches?

Deckydee
04/02/2008, 8:22 AM
The FAI made a big boo boo if this turns out to be correct

NeilMcD
04/02/2008, 9:42 AM
This is a non story in my view and it will turn out to be a non story.

Paulie
04/02/2008, 10:07 AM
Trappatoni's contract is up this Summer. It is unrealistic of Salzburg to think that a manager of his standing is not going to be approached under that circumstance.

tetsujin1979
04/02/2008, 10:58 AM
If a player's contract is up in the summer, he can legally be approached by any club without his employer's consent.

Is it the same for managers?

geysir
04/02/2008, 4:00 PM
Steve Coppell
Coppell did, however, admit he had met Givens in the past week but claimed he had not been approached about the job.
He said: 'It would be wrong for me to say anything because Don Givens was here the other week, but that was in a coaching capacity for his badge.
'I've had contact with Don but we only had a cup of tea. I haven't been interviewed for the job.'

eirebhoy
04/02/2008, 4:45 PM
FC Salzburg spokesman Thomas Blazek told the BBC:

"His contract finishes at the end of the season.

"He will be fulfilling his contract. After that, we will see what happens.

"We are just concentrating on the winning of the (Austrian) title for the second time in a row.

"That's what Trapattoni wants and nothing else. There is nothing else to say at this time."

SÓC
04/02/2008, 10:00 PM
Reading upset at someone else making an illegal aproach...theres a turn up for the books!

fergalr
07/02/2008, 12:44 PM
FC Salzburg spokesman Thomas Blazek told the BBC:
"His contract finishes at the end of the season.

Grand. Their last game is on 16 April (in the Cashpoint-Arena against Cashpoint SCR Altach!). In other words he'll have more than a month to prepare us for our next match.

OwlsFan
13/02/2008, 12:23 PM
Not only are Salzburg ****ed off but so are Reading. What a shambles.
http://www.chatsoccer.eu/news/index.php/Republic-of-Ireland/FAI-made-illegal-approach-to-Trapattoni.html

Noely, not only did you post this rumour but you also posted a thread about Glen Hoddle being the next manager :D. Are you Walter Mitty in disguise?