PDA

View Full Version : FAI 2007 Awards - Sun 3rd - 8.00 pm Tonight

A face
03/02/2008, 5:12 PM
FAI 2007 Awards - Sun 3rd - 8.00 pm Tonight

I'm actually going to miss this tonight. Any chance that someone could record it and stick it up on the net?

Aaron
03/02/2008, 5:14 PM
Is it on RTÉ?

Raheny Red
03/02/2008, 5:35 PM
Is it on RTÉ?

Yup. Rte 2 @ 8

Con-Con
03/02/2008, 6:11 PM
I'm sure highlights will be on the news somewhere. I'm sure that won't be the same though.

GreenStar
03/02/2008, 6:45 PM
Also live on www.rte.ie/live

feo123
03/02/2008, 9:01 PM
thought it was pretty bad myself

Boo_Boy
03/02/2008, 9:13 PM
thought it was pretty bad myself

thats an understatement,the intro music is like 10 years old...and terrible,highlights of the players when they were put up for an award were terrible.

did anyone see Stephen Quinn's bit when he was nominated,could have shown him make runs up the wing beating players and wipping in a good cross....not RTE,they show him blasting 2 freekicks over the bar:rolleyes:

A face
03/02/2008, 9:24 PM
I managed to catch it from the LOI player award. Yeah, i have to say it was fairly poor.

How long would RTE have been working on something like this?

Maz
03/02/2008, 9:25 PM
It was awful, rushed interviews, repetition, just bad!

A face
03/02/2008, 9:35 PM
That Nob Nation guy was woeful, horribly unfunny. I actually felt embarassed watching him. They've had Apres Match and Mario Rosenstock before, this guy was a real let down.

Is anyone tired of all these sketches? Apres Match were original at the time fair play, and maybe gift grub guy. But the rest are milking it. Do something else for ffs.

One thing I'd question, I don't follow the Eircom League that closely but I would have said that last season Manseram, Roy O Donovan and Zayed were the some of the best players, none of them nominated which was a little strange. Maybe Colin Healy too?

Nah, Joe Gamble before Healy definitely.

oldyouth
03/02/2008, 9:42 PM
Absolutely rubbish show. How much more smug can Hamilton get? The FAI were also supposed to announce the new manager during the night but it is another thing they've cocked up

Rovers fan
03/02/2008, 9:57 PM
One thing I'd question, I don't follow the Eircom League that closely but I would have said that last season Manseram, Roy O Donovan and Zayed were the some of the best players, none of them nominated which was a little strange. Maybe Colin Healy too?

maybe zayed or o'donovan but definitely not manseram or healy

cornerflag
03/02/2008, 10:19 PM
Mediocrity and RTE go hand in hand. Adding the FAI into the equation just spells the word embarrassing. The show was really terrible and the audience looked soooo bored

don ramo
03/02/2008, 10:45 PM
nice to see two cobh lads get awards,
didnt see much wrong with them, o halloran played superb against portugal and england in turners X stood out by a mile, and hes not bad by any means, tbh didnt see much talent at the X for both games, future looks bleak,
Ireland well deserved it, he is the most talented player to break through in a while, shame hes been pushed around by the CARETAKER manager, hope the new manger is able to fix the problems that that muppet givens is after causin,

sligoman
03/02/2008, 10:49 PM
Ireland well deserved it, he is the most talented player to break through in a while, shame hes been pushed around by the CARETAKER manager, hope the new manger is able to fix the problems that that muppet givens is after causin,This is the EL forum so don't really want to talk about this topic but just wondering about this...I blame Givens for a lot but how can you blame him for Stephen Ireland's problems? The only one to blame for Stephen Ireland's problems is himself.

don ramo
03/02/2008, 11:16 PM
This is the EL forum so don't really want to talk about this topic but just wondering about this...I blame Givens for a lot but how can you blame him for Stephen Ireland's problems? The only one to blame for Stephen Ireland's problems is himself.

uh he said its not his job to ask players to play, thats exactly his job, he said hes not gonna go to manchester to ask him to play, has he heard of a mobile phone, cost him a euro, i also wonder did he call to each player to ask them seeing as he said he wouldnt call to irelands place,

if he did his job and asked stphen ireland to play and ireland said no, job done he covered himself, but now ireland has come out and said he wants to play, don givens doesnt like stephen ireland because brian kerr kicked him out of the ireland setup when he was 17, it a buddy mentality sure every person in position in the FAI was appointed by a buddy,

iceman
04/02/2008, 9:20 AM
Show was terrible. Comedian was'nt funny , and how on earth did Stephen Ireland get an award after all he put the FAI through in the past year?
About 2 mins given to the EL Player award - token gesture.

Woody
04/02/2008, 9:37 AM
I switched over last night just to see what it was like, but it was just when that nob nation bloke was on. He was so cringing to watch that I turned over again and did't bother to watch the rest.

superfrank
04/02/2008, 9:54 AM
I blame Givens for a lot but how can you blame him for Stephen Ireland's problems? The only one to blame for Stephen Ireland's problems is himself.
Am I the only one who seems to notice that Stephen Ireland may have some mental issues? People bullying him or telling him to "get over it" aren't going to help him, not because he's a talented footballer but because he's a human being. The way Don Givens has been behaving as caretaker has been disgraceful.

The Rebel Ram
04/02/2008, 10:52 AM
Am I the only one who seems to notice that Stephen Ireland may have some mental issues? People bullying him or telling him to "get over it" aren't going to help him, not because he's a talented footballer but because he's a human being. The way Don Givens has been behaving as caretaker has been disgraceful.

I agree he has issues that need professional attention, happens to all the greats! He is going to be one of the greatest talents to come out of this country if he is taken care of. I'm not just saying that because he is a Cobh man but because I have been following his progress for about 8 years and he is a huge potential. Sven seems to be doing a great job with him but the FAI are doing their best to fcuk him up!
Great to see Steve o'Halloran gettign the U-21 award, I was slightly supprised he got it. 2008 should be a big year for him. Hopefully he will become a regular first team player by years end.

sligoman
04/02/2008, 11:39 AM
Am I the only one who seems to notice that Stephen Ireland may have some mental issues?I do think he must have mental issues yeah but if that's the case then why isn't he getting them sorted out? It's hardly up to the FAI to arrange that.

The Rebel Ram
04/02/2008, 12:09 PM
I do think he must have mental issues yeah but if that's the case then why isn't he getting them sorted out? It's hardly up to the FAI to arrange that.

He is with Man City!

seand60
04/02/2008, 2:10 PM
Hey but werent the Undertones great.

bellavistaman
04/02/2008, 6:03 PM
Hey but werent the Undertones great.

no...

Rovers1
04/02/2008, 7:20 PM
One thing I'd question, I don't follow the Eircom League that closely but I would have said that last season MANSERAM, Roy O Donovan and Zayed were the some of the best players, none of them nominated which was a little strange. Maybe Colin Healy too?

:eek::o

feo123
04/02/2008, 10:56 PM
sickened me how much in awe of the brazilians our players and management for the game on wednesday are. 'its a great honour to play against them'. givens said it a last week aswell, how its such a privelage for him to be managing the side in a game against a team like brazil. hope they get hammered

finnpark
05/02/2008, 12:01 AM

Manseram was a sub a lot of the time for Bohs and neither him nor Zayed made the player's team of the season. I thought Zayed was head and shoulders above all strikers last season bar O'Donovan.

A face
05/02/2008, 10:44 AM
sickened me how much in awe of the brazilians our players and management for the game on wednesday are. 'its a great honour to play against them'. givens said it a last week aswell, how its such a privelage for him to be managing the side in a game against a team like brazil. hope they get hammered

But that IS Givens ... Mediocrity, half-measure, just past the post after he hit it on the way in. This IS what you can only expect from him, if you expect anything else you are leaving yourself in for a let dowm.

This is why no Irish team under him will never go anywhere.