PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Draw this month

sadloserkid
19/06/2003, 2:45 PM
The FAI Cup draw is taking place 'late this month' according to FAI.ie. Out of the following teams who would you like to see us drawn against?

The 32 teams are:
Bohemian FC
Cork City
Derry City
Drogheda United
Longford Town
St Patrick's Athletic
Shamrock Rovers
Shelbourne
UCD
Waterford United
Athlone Town
Bray Wanderers
Cobh Ramblers
Dublin City
Dundalk
Finn Harps
Galway United
Kildare County
Kilkenny City
Limerick
Monaghan United
Sligo Rovers
Moyle Park
Tolka Rovers
Portmarnock
St Mochtas
Cherry Orchard
Belgrove
Skerries Town
Loughshinny
Everton
Crumlin United

My preference would be one of the junior teams away first and then after putting them to the sword (hopefully!) a nice big home tie.

deise deserter
19/06/2003, 2:52 PM
Personally I would love to see us with a home draw with a big Dublin club as it would bring in much needed revenue.

sadloserkid
19/06/2003, 2:56 PM
But not Waterford eh Deise? ;) Cup receipts are split three ways anyway to the best of my knowledge so away to a big Dub Club would probably benefit us more than a home draw.

LFC in Exile
19/06/2003, 3:09 PM
First:

Kilkenny at home. Handy win.

Second:

Queenstown at home. Draw. Replay in Cobh.

Third:

Shamrock Rovers away. Draw. Bring them to Pike for a replay.

Fourth:

Cork in Cork.

Semis are at neutral venues are they?

Then Bohs in the Final at Tolka.

Nice one. :ball:

Seriously, I think two junior clubs at home in the first two rounds would do nicely. Then a quarter final against a big club. Keep the interest going.

gael353
19/06/2003, 3:30 PM
mmm a junior away first but to be honest i cant see us getting a home draw in a cup match for a long tiem to come. it'll be like back to Rathbane 10 years with no cup matchs.

sadloserkid
19/06/2003, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by gael353
a junior away first

Remember Glebe! :)

And the cab drivers sweets!

And their midfield playmaker who ended up in the league later on with Athlone or somebody like that!

And John Whyte's elbow!

And Donnellan hitting a car in the carpark with one shot and setting the alarm off!

And bloody Dublin Bus! :rolleyes:

And the lads from Kilmallock!

Happy days! :)

gael353
19/06/2003, 3:54 PM
happy days indeed Dar. Balbriggin north county Dublin, ie louth. The lads name was Kerr a box to box player he got the goal as well i think but i stay open to be corrected on that one. 26 quid Dublin bus cost us. Dereck and John got our goals.

Éanna
19/06/2003, 6:26 PM
i want a nice city home draw or an away draw to longford or galway- my 21st that weekend so it better be somewhere I can enjoy myself- i.e. NOT dublin.

tiktok
19/06/2003, 6:53 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
But not Waterford eh Deise? ;) Cup receipts are split three ways anyway to the best of my knowledge so away to a big Dub Club would probably benefit us more than a home draw.

spot on there SLK, if it's cash your looking for then a draw away to a well supported team in a local(ish) derby (where you bring good support) is what you need...you wouldn't fancy playing is would you???;)

deise deserter
20/06/2003, 8:08 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
i want a nice city home draw or an away draw to longford or galway- my 21st that weekend so it better be somewhere I can enjoy myself- i.e. NOT dublin.

Glad to see that you don't fit the typical Dublin-hating-we're-the centre-of-the-universe delusions that Cork people are supposed to harbour! ;)

LFC in Exile
20/06/2003, 9:14 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
you wouldn't fancy playing is would you???;)

Yes we would. And we'd take a result just like the last time we played you in a cup competition.

sadloserkid
20/06/2003, 9:17 AM
It'd be like Noel O'Connor Vs. Lims Fan - Round 2! :D

JohnD
20/06/2003, 2:16 PM
It has to be Cork City at Home. That would be great !!:p

Leinster Lim
20/06/2003, 3:55 PM
Re: SLK's trip to Glebe.

Remember this my friend, you would still be in Balbriggan only for I put the two of ye right bus after the game.

sadloserkid
24/06/2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Leinster Lim

Remember this my friend, you would still be in Balbriggan only for I put the two of ye right bus after the game.

Yeah, that's right! Thanks! ;)

sadloserkid
24/06/2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Leinster Lim

Yeah, that's right! Thanks! ;)