PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Tonight

Tallanted
01/02/2008, 9:14 PM
Town played sacred heart fc on astro in there new grounds in tallaght tonight. Neil gallagher played in goal and was excellent looks a real good keeper.. Ryan casey played left full, chucky was centre half, daire doyle and shane harte in midfield, alan lynch and dean barrett also played.. some english guy called Luke played right full (apparently with athlone last year) and scored our only goal.. Game finished 1 all, alot of the new lads were missing.. 2 different teams fielded for us in both halves.. gallagher was only player who really stood out, made 3 or 4 top class saves.. Overall not much to shout about the draw was a fair result

atfconline
01/02/2008, 9:28 PM
Luke Hardy - played for Carmarthen in that oh so proud night for the League a few years back.

Longfordian
02/02/2008, 10:57 AM
You had to go and mention the C word. I saw Gallagher in training during the week, his reactions were very good,looks a decent back up to Shay. Heard about the ex-'Unmentionable Welsh team' player coming to play for us, hadn't realised he was with Athlone..In the immortal words of Kevin Keegan "he's gone down in my estimation"..:)

Martinho II
02/02/2008, 5:40 PM
Town played sacred heart fc on astro in there new grounds in tallaght tonight. Neil gallagher played in goal and was excellent looks a real good keeper.. Ryan casey played left full, chucky was centre half, daire doyle and shane harte in midfield, alan lynch and dean barrett also played.. some english guy called Luke played right full (apparently with athlone last year) and scored our only goal.. Game finished 1 all, alot of the new lads were missing.. 2 different teams fielded for us in both halves.. gallagher was only player who really stood out, made 3 or 4 top class saves.. Overall not much to shout about the draw was a fair result

didnt know ryan casey shane harte and luke hardy were training with us... we will all found out tues night.

did vinny play tallanted?

whats the story with alan murphy ? will he join us?

Tallanted
02/02/2008, 5:59 PM
No vinny didnt play he looked like he was concentratin on the coachin side of it last night.. No mention of alan murphy.. Some of the players from far away from dublin werent there because of the travellin.. Ie rushe davoren mcallister and couple others who i dont know who they are.. John mcnicholas and jim crawford were there but couldnt play on that surface

Longfordian
02/02/2008, 8:52 PM
Apparently we're still talking to Murphy and there's still a fair chance he could be with us this year. We'll see if it comes off or not but I know Vinny and Aaron would like to have him.

Tallanted
02/02/2008, 9:15 PM
there was a guy playin in midfield aswell in 1st half who they were callin colly. Any ideas who this was? And before anyone says it it definatly was not colly james. Colly Heffernan sprung to mind but can not be sure it was him?

Longfordian
03/02/2008, 12:47 AM
Don't know..wouldn't surprise me unduly, he's not signed for anyone else..This him?

http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/senior/ColmHeffernan.png

Tallanted
03/02/2008, 7:39 AM
Could be, couldnt tell in the distance what exactly he looked like

Battery Rover
03/02/2008, 11:09 AM
Don't know..wouldn't surprise me unduly, he's not signed for anyone else..This him?

http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/senior/ColmHeffernan.png

There must be plenty of money up there if you can afford his wages. The only winger I have ever seen that has to cut inside the whole time just to beat a player. He plays on the left side of midfield

Longfordian
03/02/2008, 12:18 PM
I think he'd be extremely unlikely to get the wages he was on with Athlone anywhere else. Certainly not from us anyway.

Tallanted
03/02/2008, 12:28 PM
Thats provided its even him, I just threw that name out there its very possible that its someone else

Longfordian
03/02/2008, 12:38 PM
I guess we'll know more if he's playing on Tuesday night.

RockofGibraltar
03/02/2008, 2:19 PM
many headin to the game on tuesday?doubt ill be able to make it down cant afford the train down from dublin!!i wudnt mind seein what kind of players are on show tho

Martinho II
03/02/2008, 8:18 PM
i will be at it myself.. I will get the team lineup for those that cant make it and post it on this forum...

Maz
03/02/2008, 8:53 PM
Yeah should be there myself, all going well and to plan. Looking forward to it

RockofGibraltar
03/02/2008, 9:42 PM
i will be at it myself.. I will get the team lineup for those that cant make it and post it on this forum...

sound marty much appreciated!

Keen2win
04/02/2008, 4:33 PM
I should be there too

RonnieB
04/02/2008, 5:36 PM
I nearly drove up! Thankgod I checked to see that today is infact the 4th. should be there tomorrow night hopefully, sick of having no footy to watch.