PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see value in the 6 Nations handicaps?

Dr. Ogba
01/02/2008, 9:21 AM
Lads, must say there's a couple of tempters this weekend in the six nations:

PP's are giving Italy +16 against us at 10/11 and I think that's well worth a punt
Also France -4 against Wales is a bit of a tempter.

Might be worth doing a double but I definitely think that we are not 16 points better than Italy, especially given that Italy are usually at their best in the first few games of the tournament....

Any other 6 Nations tips?

ifk101
01/02/2008, 9:40 AM
Handicap bet on France looks good to me. France are championship contenders whilst Scotland will be looking to avoid the wooden spoon. They should be capable of beating Scotland by at least a try. Factor in that Paterson isn't starting and a handicap bet on France looks like good value.

Schumi
01/02/2008, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about Italy being good value. Their half backs are very inexperienced, +16 sounds about right to me. If France are only -4 against Scotland that's brilliant value. Where are these odds from?

OneRedArmy
01/02/2008, 11:38 AM
This is the widest open 6 nations in years.

Mediocrity rules supreme.

I think England will win it, unfortunately.

Only Ireland having the 3 weakest Nations at home will save us from the Wooden Spoon.

I never bet against Ireland but I'd be sorely tempted to have a piece of that handicap Bet above.

TheBoss
01/02/2008, 11:56 AM
I think Ireland will win by way over 16, great odds.

pete
01/02/2008, 1:31 PM
Ireland, Wales & France treble on the handicaps. No time to check now but I think that pays over 5/1.

Dr. Ogba
01/02/2008, 1:42 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about Italy being good value. Their half backs are very inexperienced, +16 sounds about right to me. If France are only -4 against Scotland that's brilliant value. Where are these odds from?

Never really bet against Ireland myself but I just don't see us thrashing the Italians with that team that O'Sullivan has picked. Plus the Azurri are historically at their best in the first games of the tournament so I think its well worth a shot.

got those odds with Paddy Powers...