PDA

View Full Version : Gaz to Dublin City

SSS
17/06/2003, 6:34 PM
Echo, that font of no-ledge, suggests that Gaz is linked with Dublin City. This would be a sad end to what was hailed as a great return last season. But it's no surprise really.

Dolan has Woods, Hoggie, Hedderman and even Lally at Left back
and
Dan, Benno, K Murray, Napier, Daly, Hedderman and Andrews at centre back.

Much as I liked him as a player I don't think he'll be missed based on his form ober the last year. He had his chance with Dolan for a few games but must not have impressed.

Best of luck Gaz

tiktok
17/06/2003, 10:22 PM
yeah, wish him luck and all that.

like you said we've plenty cover and it might be the first of dolan's squad trimming (more to come if the warren and andrews to queenstown on loan pans out).

derm
18/06/2003, 4:08 AM
Are City being paid, or is it a freebie? Sorry it didn't work out but good to see Dolan trimming de wage bill. Could be good for Warren and Andrews to be playing regular to hopefully impress.

pete
18/06/2003, 9:30 AM
I think it was always on the cards that more of the part-time players would be leaving the squad sooner or later.

Working in dublin & playing for city was always going to make it hard for him.

Trax
18/06/2003, 9:54 AM
Agreed.The term "surplus to requirements" comes to mind.AS was already said it will prob work out better for him with workin in Dubland and all that.Good luck Gaz.

niamh
18/06/2003, 10:21 AM
bit like Hoggie. he hasn't featured in awhile and he's been studying in Dublin hasn't he?

steven17
18/06/2003, 12:56 PM
and gaz already trains with dublin city so its a good move for him ..never a fan of his.. always felt that napps carried him last year, there`s another defender who could be on his way out contract up in nov. and hasn`t played a game in 2 years with a serious injury

but to gaz na na na na ..........na na na na .....hey hey hey good bye.

pete
18/06/2003, 1:41 PM
Originally posted by steven17
and gaz already trains with dublin city so its a good move for him ..never a fan of his...

Anyone who slags of Gareth Cronin is obviously a new convert to city as no one who watched city during his first stint at the club could criticise his performances.

:rolleyes:

patsh
18/06/2003, 2:33 PM
I was glad to see him back, and he played very well for us last season. Good luck Gaz, and I hope you're stint at the other City ;) is a good one.
You never know, a cup game could happen!

Neil
18/06/2003, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by niamh
bit like Hoggie. he hasn't featured in awhile and he's been studying in Dublin hasn't he?
As Oisin Langan mentioned about ten times on Monday Hoggie has finished his exams.

AFAIK He is pro with City now.

niamh
18/06/2003, 10:17 PM
that doesn't mean he's finished in college for good though.
would be good if he was pro with the club. good defender.

razor
19/06/2003, 7:46 AM
Originally posted by pete
Anyone who slags of Gareth Cronin is obviously a new convert to city as no one who watched city during his first stint at the club could criticise his performances.

Until he sold his soul to the SCUM !!!!!

Trax
19/06/2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by razor
Until he sold his soul to the SCUM !!!!! Can open,worms EVERYWHERE.................

SÓC
19/06/2003, 1:25 PM
Originally posted by niamh
that doesn't mean he's finished in college for good though.
would be good if he was pro with the club. good defender.

AFAIK Hoggie was doing the Law Conversion Course in DIT. If he's going to go through with it he'll have another few years of exams in Dublin and he'd also have to do work experience.

ccfc till i die
19/06/2003, 2:01 PM
You'd think he would go and play for one of the Dublin clubs considering he goes to college there.

Not that I want him to it's just he would get his game.

Troy.McClure
19/06/2003, 3:18 PM
I thought that the course was only a 1 year one though. Couldnt he do his work experience in Cork? Would he have to sit his other exams in Kings Inn then?

I hope he goes pro with us, he's our best half back IMO

Tis a shame that Gaz is leaving, but he wasnt as good for us this time around, was a class left back in his day though (although I always felt that he didnt perform well in high pressure games).

SÓC
19/06/2003, 3:49 PM
Hoggie's options depend on whether he want to be a Solicitor or a Barrister. Both involve some time in Dublin, being a Solicitor less so and he could do his experience in Cork alright.

Id say being a Solicitor is what he's after, Kinns Inn(Barrister) would involve 6 more years of study and work placement.

Éanna
19/06/2003, 6:24 PM
and gaz already trains with dublin city so its a good move for him ..never a fan of his.. always felt that napps carried him last year, there`s another defender who could be on his way out contract up in nov. and hasn`t played a game in 2 years with a serious injury

but to gaz na na na na ..........na na na na .....hey hey hey good bye.
yeah, of course, get rid of all our defenders except andrews and play him on his own- sure he's better than rest of them put together. In fact, give flynn and george free transfers too cos andrews is better than them as well :rolleyes: IDIOT:mad:

Originally posted by razor
Until he sold his soul to the SCUM !!!!!
If thats what you call being forcd out of the club by an ignorant cnut of a manager, you're right- otherwise you're totally wrong.

gaz has been a great servant to the club in both spells and it's sad to see him go, even if his second spell wasn't as good as his first. Dowtcha boy

steven17
20/06/2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by pete
Anyone who slags of Gareth Cronin is obviously a new convert to city
:rolleyes:

your right i`ve only been following city for 1& 1/2 years now since johnny signed but ill be cobh supporter for the rest of the season good luck kiddo

patsh
20/06/2003, 1:45 PM
your right i`ve only been following city for 1& 1/2 years now since johnny signed but ill be cobh supporter for the rest of the season good luck kiddo
Well steve17, you are not a club fan so, you are simply supporting your friend.

Éanna
20/06/2003, 2:38 PM
but ill be cobh supporter for the rest of the season
if only :rolleyes: Listen boy, no-one has a problem with you supporting your mate, there's plenty of people on this board who know players etc., but you have to be objective about it and give credit where its due. You continuously slag off other players who share a position with john andrews, for reassons best know to yourself. I'm sure the other players don't appreciate it, I'm sure andrews himself wouldn't and most of us on this board certainly don't- so give it a rest will ya.

Troy.McClure
20/06/2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
If thats what you call being forcd out of the club by an ignorant cnut of a manager, you're right- otherwise you're totally wrong.

Christ, he wasnt involved in this at all, he wasnt even the manager at the time! (Im taking it as being Gunther youre going on about).

Gaz moved to Dublin, becouse after he graduated (quite well Im told), he got a job offer that he couldnt refuse. Instead of traveling down to Cork every few days to train with the team (remember Home Farm were pure $hite at the time and wouldnt have been an option) he joined the Scum to keep in top flight football.

No souls were sold, in cnuts were involved, he just went coz it made the most sence.

steven17
20/06/2003, 6:01 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
if only :rolleyes: Listen boy, no-one has a problem with you supporting your mate, there's plenty of people on this board who know players etc., but you have to be objective about it and give credit where its due. You continuously slag off other players who share a position with john andrews, for reassons best know to yourself. I'm sure the other players don't appreciate it, I'm sure andrews himself wouldn't and most of us on this board certainly don't- so give it a rest will ya.

1.TEAM SUPPORTER
look i aint a team supporter thats the way i am i started going to city matches cause at the start john was on the bench and the prosopect of him playing was enough to get me out to the cross

2.FAV PLAYERS
theres plenty of city players i like doyler georgie greg flynny, conor is sound napper is cool have you(personally) ever had a friend/favorite player out of the squad and bitched about other players in that position???????????????????????????????

3.PLAYERS IN DIFFERANT POSITIONS
1.deccie gets in before him
2.benno who is a way stonger midfield player is playing there (and despite his player of the month choice i think dan deserved it)
3.napper out for nearly 2 years and still ahead of him

VAILID POSTS
4. all posts are vaild if you watched any game in the last 5 we havent been strong OR orgainased and weither i am bitching at dan benno carey hoggie hedderman gaz .it because this is how think and this is the way i am.. this forum is about oppinions these are mine. reality not kissing the ground that the city players walk on cause at the end of the day there just like you and me plumbers bakers labourers and if i wanna critisise i will

hey if it is dan and benno at the back and they have good games i will post that but just if they had bad games i can roast them not wanting to p iss any1 off but i expect good football and when i hear fans saying how great city were last nite your eyes i look at them and say WHAT

damb im good can ya feel that bummy

tiktok
20/06/2003, 10:32 PM
1.TEAM SUPPORTER
2.FAV PLAYERS
4.VAILID POSTS

1. you're not a city fan and go to support your pal, perfectly acceptable. but as he warms the bench you become frustrated, losing objectivity. the rest of us are city fans, and aren't against andrews but having seen little of him we assume he hasn't impressed dolan. we're going to clash heads when you criticise players we see as being good for the team we support.

2. everyone has their favourite players, naps is one of mine, and while i've been a city fan i started off thinking he was brutal, he won me over to where i think he's the best man-marker city have ever had. i'd like to see him get a run, but i won't criticise murray and benno because they are doing a good job. you have to put the club before individual players, that's why you tend to annoy.

3. that's the managers call, i thought he should be ahead of daly, but reports of the games daly has played have been good, so again, we go back to the question, has he done enough to impress.

4. all posts are valid, therefore critical replies to your own are equally valid, however not all arguments have the same merits. you've a right to express opinions, and debate, but your obvious bias towards andrews doesn't lend to your credibility. you have made some good points but the andrews agenda often detracts from them.

personally, i hope that andrews does well at cobh, i've heard great reports of him as an underage player (and with competitive games under his belt he should progress). if he does well, i look forward to have him back at city, we need as strong a squad as possible. our collective city bummy is fine, steven, you're not that good. keep on posting though, it's always entertaining;)

Éanna
21/06/2003, 10:26 AM
1.TEAM SUPPORTER
look i aint a team supporter thats the way i am i started going to city matches cause at the start john was on the bench and the prosopect of him playing was enough to get me out to the cross

2.FAV PLAYERS
theres plenty of city players i like doyler georgie greg flynny, conor is sound napper is cool have you(personally) ever had a friend/favorite player out of the squad and bitched about other players in that position???????????????????????????????

1.deccie gets in before him
2.benno who is a way stonger midfield player is playing there (and despite his player of the month choice i think dan deserved it)
3.napper out for nearly 2 years and still ahead of him

VAILID POSTS
4. all posts are vaild if you watched any game in the last 5 we havent been strong OR orgainased and weither i am bitching at dan benno carey hoggie hedderman gaz .it because this is how think and this is the way i am.. this forum is about oppinions these are mine. reality not kissing the ground that the city players walk on cause at the end of the day there just like you and me plumbers bakers labourers and if i wanna critisise i will

hey if it is dan and benno at the back and they have good games i will post that but just if they had bad games i can roast them not wanting to p iss any1 off but i expect good football and when i hear fans saying how great city were last nite your eyes i look at them and say WHAT

1. what can i say :rolleyes:
2. I know one or two players who have been left out when i thought they shouldn't have been, and I've disagreed with managers choices in the past: I haven't slagged players off for no reason.
3. agree with you re daly. Napier is one of the best centre-backs this club will ever have, and I would put him straight back in the team-not his fault he was injured.
4. i just don't agree that all posts are valid. coming onto a site with the sole purpose of childishly bitching from your mates corner is not "an opinion"- it stinks.

Éanna
21/06/2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Christ, he wasnt involved in this at all, he wasnt even the manager at the time! (Im taking it as being Gunther youre going on about).
I wasn't talking about gunther at all.

patsh
21/06/2003, 10:56 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Colm
21/06/2003, 11:17 AM
Oddboy, Eanna and anyone else, there is no point in arguing with this fella anymore, he is clearly a bit of an idiot and is only here with the sole purpose of boring us all to tears with his constant references to John Andrews.
As he has openly admitted, he is not a City supporter and he is only wasting our time, his posts are better off ignored from now on.

steven17
21/06/2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
1. you're not a city fan and go to support your pal, perfectly acceptable. but as he warms the bench you become frustrated, losing objectivity. the rest of us are city fans, and aren't against andrews but having seen little of him we assume he hasn't impressed dolan. we're going to clash heads when you criticise players we see as being good for the team we support.

2. everyone has their favourite players, naps is one of mine, and while i've been a city fan i started off thinking he was brutal, he won me over to where i think he's the best man-marker city have ever had. i'd like to see him get a run, but i won't criticise murray and benno because they are doing a good job. you have to put the club before individual players, that's why you tend to annoy.

3. that's the managers call, i thought he should be ahead of daly, but reports of the games daly has played have been good, so again, we go back to the question, has he done enough to impress.

4. all posts are valid, therefore critical replies to your own are equally valid, however not all arguments have the same merits. you've a right to express opinions, and debate, but your obvious bias towards andrews doesn't lend to your credibility. you have made some good points but the andrews agenda often detracts from them.

personally, i hope that andrews does well at cobh, i've heard great reports of him as an underage player (and with competitive games under his belt he should progress). if he does well, i look forward to have him back at city, we need as strong a squad as possible. our collective city bummy is fine, steven, you're not that good. keep on posting though, it's always entertaining;)

tiktok you are a legend thats the best responce ive heard ever ....... alot of thought, good post put me in my place and to the point well done kiddo you just won me over :D :D :D :D tiktok to you around of applause

tiktok
22/06/2003, 12:57 AM
ah stop it, you're embarassing me, i'm scarlet...:D :D

seriously though, the next time your talking to andrews let him know that the majority of us wish him well at cobh, and if he's as good as you say, we look forward to seeing him back after his loan spell.

patsh
22/06/2003, 7:56 AM
Originally posted by Colm
Oddboy.................. there is no point in arguing with this fella anymore
I'm not arguing with him, I just don't understand this :
"damb im good can ya feel that bummy" :confused:

steven17
23/06/2003, 5:17 PM
its from the ace ventura movie (1st one) when he makes his point on the guy who got killed "o yeah can you feel that bummy i have exersised the demons this house is clear "doesn`t anyone watch films anymore

fella
24/06/2003, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by SSS
Echo, that font of no-ledge, suggests that Gaz is linked with Dublin City. This would be a sad end to what was hailed as a great return last season. But it's no surprise really.

Dolan has Woods, Hoggie, Hedderman and even Lally at Left back
and
Dan, Benno, K Murray, Napier, Daly, Hedderman and Andrews at centre back.

Much as I liked him as a player I don't think he'll be missed based on his form ober the last year. He had his chance with Dolan for a few games but must not have impressed.

Best of luck Gaz

Lads,
Was talking to a guy who plays with Dublin City last night & this isn't happening at least not at the moment.

tiktok
24/06/2003, 9:20 PM
there was something on the cobh board a while back linking him to ramblers if warren went to limerick (then they'd take both andrews and cronin) not sure if there's ant truth in that though.