PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield

Block G Raptor
31/01/2008, 11:31 AM
It's released here tomorrow can't wait (http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/07/09/jj-abrams-cloverfield-1-18-08-trailer-officially-hits/)

GavinZac
31/01/2008, 11:35 AM
looks interesting. cant ever tell with this vague trailers though what the plot will be like.

Billsthoughts
31/01/2008, 2:58 PM
good review in the herald by george byrne.....good line about a possible sequel set in dublin....."I'd certainly be up for them rising roaring up out of the liffey for a film called say Cloverhill. Mind you I wouldnt exactly fancy their chances out that way.":D

shakermaker1982
31/01/2008, 3:14 PM
5 stars in Empire magazine. Looking forward to it.

Block G Raptor
31/01/2008, 3:18 PM
5 stars in Empire magazine. Looking forward to it.

If the Bible gives it 5 stars then it's gotta be good

shakermaker1982
31/01/2008, 3:32 PM
If the Bible gives it 5 stars then it's gotta be good

they did give Superman returns 5 stars a few years back so I'm holding back judgement until I see it with my very eyes :D

Block G Raptor
31/01/2008, 3:40 PM
they did give Superman returns 5 stars a few years back so I'm holding back judgement until I see it with my very eyes :D

that was a misprint in your issue obviously the - was missing :D:D

geysir
01/02/2008, 1:13 PM
Whats the latest count on all the "Oh My God"s in Cloverfield?

passinginterest
02/02/2008, 11:25 AM
Saw it yesterday. It's not five star good, but it's still very good. Not advisable if you have a headache, very loud and very shaky in parts. It moves along at a good pace and keeps you interested.
Only thing that really bugged me was the Nokia product placement, possibly the worst I've ever see.

Block G Raptor
04/02/2008, 8:32 AM
Seen half of the movie on Saturday night, before Heavily pregnant Mrs Raptor felt unwell and I had to leave. Going to see it on my own tonight
was loving it up to when I left

GavinZac
04/02/2008, 8:48 AM
definately want to go see this so dont forget the [spoiler ][ /spoiler] tags!

Billsthoughts
04/02/2008, 8:53 AM
[QUOTE=passinginterest;868522]Saw it yesterday. It's not five star good, but it's still very good. Not advisable if you have a headache, very loud and very shaky in parts. It moves along at a good pace and keeps you interested.
QUOTE]
Totally agree with all the above.
deffo worth going to see but doesnt reinvent the wheel or anything.

Risteard
04/02/2008, 9:49 AM
I thought it was ridiculous mainly because it was meant to be taken seriously.
It had all the cliches of a Snakes on a Plane type spoof.

Bondvillain
05/02/2008, 1:11 AM
It's a dvd movie. Well made but exploitative. Wait till it's 7.99 in hmv, or whatever.

Frankly its Blair witch meets Godzilla, with a sufficiently poor "possible sequel" ending. Albeit with less action and more "shaky handcam" film student wahnk. JJ abrams has been rumbled. He cant ride the 'lost' train forever...

GavinZac
05/02/2008, 1:13 AM
can someone confirm that its not actually all that scary? Trying to convince Micls to go :D

Risteard
05/02/2008, 2:06 AM
It isn't that scary micls . . . . . . . . . seriously.
I actually laughed my way through it and sure all he could tear down in Cork would be that Elysian eye-sore.
He wouldn't bother his arse with us.

biscuit
05/02/2008, 9:18 AM
Thought it was very poor to be honest. Watched on my laptop thru Div X so maybe its better on the bigscreen, but have a little smug notion that ive saved myself a few quid by not wasting it on a trip to the flicks.

jebus
05/02/2008, 9:54 AM
I thought it was good for what it was. The used the sneak shots of the monster well, and I like the idea of focusing on the people involved in an attack, rather than the attack itself. A few flaws which I won't say until quite a few people have watched it, but worth a watch. Plus I really think you have to see it in the cinema, I don't think it will translate well to the small screen as you are supposed to imagine yourself on the ground with the main characters. Hard to do when they 5 inches tall

passinginterest
05/02/2008, 10:19 AM
Definitely has to be seen in the cinema. Without the sound system and huge screen I'd imagine it'll lose most of it's effect.
Again I'd agree with most of what's been said, it's interesting, has a few jumpy moments and plenty of flaws. Still worth a look.

gilberto_eire
07/02/2008, 1:20 PM
I loved it!!. Would'nt recommed people judging it by the copies that are online(which ive seen in a few places), needs to be seen in the cinema or at least on a decent sized T.V at home with good sound system!!

Anyone notice the falling object at the end?. i heard about it online, supposedly theres something at the end when there on the ferris wheel, i tried spot it on a copy but had no success but quality needs to be 100% id imagine!!, also anyone hear about at the end(of the credits i think??), theres crackling over a radio with a decipherable message, heard a sound clip from a person who said he cracked it, can hear someone whisper ''its still alive''

passinginterest
07/02/2008, 1:35 PM
Giberto I'm betting you read that on the football365 forum, as did I. And no I didn't notice and yes I'd like to see it again to find out.

I waited through most of the credits and then got bored, I hate missing end of credits bits. The one at the end of Dodgeball was possibly the funniest part of the whole film.

gilberto_eire
07/02/2008, 6:01 PM
Giberto I'm betting you read that on the football365 forum, as did I. And no I didn't notice and yes I'd like to see it again to find out.

I waited through most of the credits and then got bored, I hate missing end of credits bits. The one at the end of Dodgeball was possibly the funniest part of the whole film.

Never even heard of that site :D.

Just some random sites, went investigating after i came home from the cinema!!.

Con-Con
07/02/2008, 7:52 PM
I was looking forward to this film for two months and finally saw it last Sunday. I thought it was the best film I've ever seen.