PDA

View Full Version : Nani

Pages : [1] 2

rambler14
30/01/2008, 9:04 PM
Does anyone else think he's a waste of space?
I always thought he was a bad player but his performance against Portsmouth was an absolute disgrace. The amount of ball he lost and wasted was unforgivable. Everytime he got the ball I was putting my head in my hands and cringing.
He proved he wasn't a Man Utd player tonight. Maybe FC United but certainly not Man Utd.
If Ronaldo is the Carlsberg of footballers then Nani is tap water.:D

jebus
30/01/2008, 9:13 PM
I'd give him til around this time next season before thinking about his future, but he hasn't looked up to it at United to be honest. Comparing him with Anderson this season (I had heard Nani was a better player coming over too) shows how far off the pace he is

lim abroad
30/01/2008, 10:00 PM
it wasn't too long ago when people didn't rate ronaldo but look at how much he's improved over the last 3 seasons,i'll give him another 1 1/2 to 2 seasons before i pass judgement.he's only 19(i think) and has made a big move for such a young lad.

NeilMcD
30/01/2008, 10:10 PM
Like most young wingers he is frustrating the same way Mc Geady and Ronaldo were and McGeady is at times. I would give him a bit more time but he has the natural ability to be a very good player but as usual with wingers, makes bad decisions and risky passes.

feo123
30/01/2008, 11:20 PM
I always thought he was a bad player but his performance against Portsmouth was an absolute disgrace. The amount of ball he lost and wasted was unforgivable. Everytime he got the ball I was putting my head in my hands and cringing.
He proved he wasn't a Man Utd player tonight. Maybe FC United but certainly not Man Utd.
If Ronaldo is the Carlsberg of footballers then Nani is tap water.:D

give the lad a chance :rolleyes: he's started about one game since christmas i think, your awful quick to critisise. he'll be a valuable player IN TIME

GavinZac
31/01/2008, 1:41 AM
I'd have thought the asian lad was a better target for derision. Granted, I only watched a brief period of the game but he didn't seem to be in the right place at all.

shakermaker1982
31/01/2008, 6:56 AM
Gavin's right - Park was muck last night and should be shipped off to Liverpool/Everton/Spurs. Nani will come good.

drinkfeckarse
31/01/2008, 11:41 AM
You have to give him another season at least. As mentioned, Ronaldo didn't exactly set the place on fire in his first season either.

cheifo
31/01/2008, 12:54 PM
Highlights can be so misleading.On MOTD last night Park looked a superstar and it also showed Nanis fantastic shot at the end.You went away with a positive impression of both players.It occured to me last that Ronaldos success in someways can be Rooneys loss as he takes the free kicks in front of goal and the penalties.Result being Rooney can get into a position where he goes several games without scoring.

rambler14
31/01/2008, 1:19 PM
Seeing as it's deadline day it got me thinking would a spell on loan at a club like Everton or Aston Villa or even Newcastle help him adapt to the premiership.
After all thats how Anderson adapted to life with a good run of games due to Scholes' injury.

WoodquayBoy
31/01/2008, 1:37 PM
Vidic had a dodgy start to his United career, Evra was a disaster in the derby but is Mr Solid now. Give the lad a chance

jmurphyc
31/01/2008, 3:21 PM
I think Nani will come good. One of my best friends is Portuguese and said that he's got bags of potential but is still very raw. The guy is still very young and is still adapting to English football. He played a few good passes last night (as well as some bad ones) and looked like he could become an excellent player. He just needs time.

deecay
02/02/2008, 1:54 PM
I hate corporate football but all ive seen of him he has been very good

rambler14
02/02/2008, 3:49 PM
Useless again.

Nani I know you set up the equaliser but please for the sake of football and Man Utd never put on a Man Utd jersey again please. Otherwise i'll lose my voice shouting at ya.

feo123
02/02/2008, 5:17 PM
Useless again.

Nani I know you set up the equaliser but please for the sake of football and Man Utd never put on a Man Utd jersey again please. Otherwise i'll lose my voice shouting at ya.

done a job....set up the equaliser. still complaining though. he's there to make goals. done that today

bellavistaman
02/02/2008, 8:31 PM
done a job....set up the equaliser. still complaining though. he's there to make goals. done that today

Indeed. He's certainly a player who drifts in and out of games. Ronaldo was poor today like, we dont slate him. Nani like previos have said is going to need time. I agree with you rams 14 that a loan move to any other prem club outside the "big 4" would be a great benefit to him.

TheBoss
02/02/2008, 9:16 PM
I can not understand some statements here saying that he is not a top player cause he is playing badly, well, from what I seen of him, I see excitement when he has the ball, I see him becoming a better wing player than Ronaldo, he is certainly better at the same age as Ronaldo, he is winger that goes to the touchline rather than inside shooting.

bellavistaman
02/02/2008, 9:17 PM
I can not understand some statements here saying that he is not a top player cause he is playing badly, well, from what I seen of him, I see excitement when he has the ball, I see him becoming a better wing player than Ronaldo, he is certainly better at the same age as Ronaldo, he is winger that goes to the touchline rather than inside shooting.

that why you the boss man!!!

WoodquayBoy
05/02/2008, 9:25 AM
Useless again.

Nani, please continue putting on a United jersey so this loon will lose his voice and we won't have to liosten to him prattling on when he doesn't have a clue

feo123
05/02/2008, 8:55 PM
united started to look far more threathening when Nani was introduced on saturday, could have a chance to start in the derby on sunday with rooney out, although i doubt he will

rambler14
05/02/2008, 9:44 PM
The difference on Saturday was the introduction of Anderson. He lit up the midfield once again.
Also the movement of Vidic from Centre-Back to Centre-Forward helped United get the draw.

feo123
05/02/2008, 11:22 PM
nani was lively aswell. anyway its a game of opinions and you obviously don't like him at the minute, im sure you'd love for him to prove you wrong, lets hope he does!

razor
06/02/2008, 10:20 AM
nani was lively aswell.Disgraceful tackle, shudda walked

sligoman
16/02/2008, 6:12 PM
Terrible today:p.

feo123
16/02/2008, 6:28 PM
He was very good today again, did his job, took his goal very well and excited everyone when he had the ball.

rambler14
16/02/2008, 6:31 PM
Even I thought he was good today.
Great to see the legend that is Darren Fletcher get a game and play so well. I really can't see why people think he should be sold. Great option to have and he always plays well against the big teams.
On a lesser more painful note...........Louis Saha is back. I reckon we'll get 2 weeks out of him.

TheBoss
16/02/2008, 6:40 PM
I think those that have slated Nani can see what he has on offer for the future, as I said before, he will become a better wing player than Ronaldo, maybe not as good scorer but set pieces and crosses are really good.

Rovers fan
16/02/2008, 6:48 PM
Great to see the legend that is Darren Fletcher get a game and play so well. I really can't see why people think he should be sold. Great option to have and he always plays well against the big teams.

did you see that touch? A simple ball to control, something you learn when your about 11 and he couldn't do it, he would have had a great chance at scoring.

feo123
16/02/2008, 6:54 PM
did you see that touch? A simple ball to control, something you learn when your about 11 and he couldn't do it, he would have had a great chance at scoring.

who? what touch?

saha should play with the reserves as much as possible as he needs alot of matchtime, he wont get enough with the 1st team until hes fully fit, as he'll get maybe 20 mins every other week.
i have always said fletcher is a good player, again hes always slated but he always gives 100% and does a job when he gets his chance delighted for him today

rambler14
16/02/2008, 9:52 PM
i have always said fletcher is a good player, again hes always slated but he always gives 100% and does a job when he gets his chance delighted for him today

Your like the Sligo version of me. 1st Michael Carrick and now Fletcher. Freaky Man!!!!!!
Next you'll be agreeing with me that Danny Simpson will be the best right-back in the world one day!

feo123
16/02/2008, 10:06 PM
Your like the Sligo version of me. 1st Michael Carrick and now Fletcher. Freaky Man!!!!!!
Next you'll be agreeing with me that Danny Simpson will be the best right-back in the world one day!

i have said something like that before, watching MUTV for the lst 2 years makes you realise some of the talent united have. watch out for danny welbeck, danny simpson, and to a lesser extent, cory evans

rambler14
16/02/2008, 10:22 PM
cory evans

Jonny Evans' brother. I saw his goal for the reserves last week.......what a peach!
Also Rodrigo. Made his debut during the week and looks like a player for the future. Speaking of players for the future Manucho looks unreal.

feo123
16/02/2008, 10:53 PM
Jonny Evans' brother. I saw his goal for the reserves last week.......what a peach!
Also Rodrigo. Made his debut during the week and looks like a player for the future. Speaking of players for the future Manucho looks unreal.

yeah cory's the under 18 captain, sam hewson is good too.
havn't seen manucho at all tbh, scored a few in the african cup though so thats always good to see.
just a bit sad really that alot of these players realisticaly wont make it in the united first team, look at sylvain blake....scoring regualry in the championship, frazer campbell doing great now for Hull. he may come back and get games for the first team down the line because he's just on loan. but thats the reality in modern football i suppose. alot of young united players have gone onto do very well at championship level. david jones, lee martin, campbell and blake to name just a few

Steve Bruce
17/02/2008, 8:56 AM
yeah cory's the under 18 captain, sam hewson is good too.
havn't seen manucho at all tbh, scored a few in the african cup though so thats always good to see.
just a bit sad really that alot of these players realisticaly wont make it in the united first team, look at sylvain blake....scoring regualry in the championship, frazer campbell doing great now for Hull. he may come back and get games for the first team down the line because he's just on loan. but thats the reality in modern football i suppose. alot of young united players have gone onto do very well at championship level. david jones, lee martin, campbell and blake to name just a few

Beckham was on loan to Preston NE before breaking into United. So it is not always a bad thing.

GavinZac
17/02/2008, 9:19 AM
watching MUTV for the lst 2 years makes you realise some of the talent united have which is different from ChelseaTV on which they do features about how rubbish their kids are? :D

The Man Himself
17/02/2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm4unXaoih0
:D:D

forza rovers
17/02/2008, 1:02 PM
If Ronaldo is the Carlsberg of footballers then Nani is tap water.:Dhes rubbish he wants to be like ronaldo

Spudd
17/02/2008, 6:19 PM
he wants to be like ronaldo

And whats wrong with that? I dont understand...:confused::confused:

shakermaker1982
18/02/2008, 11:49 AM
Glad to see this thread revisited.

Anybody changed their minds yet on Nani?

jmurphyc
18/02/2008, 11:52 AM
He could become as good as Ronaldo, albeit in a different way. He's a very good player. It's scary how much talent the Man Utd team potentially have.

jebus
18/02/2008, 12:01 PM
Glad to see this thread revisited.

Anybody changed their minds yet on Nani?

Not in the slightest, still think we need to give him til around this time next year top see if he'll make it as he's been poor to mediocre this season, Arsenal game aside

feo123
19/02/2008, 12:17 AM
Not in the slightest, still think we need to give him til around this time next year top see if he'll make it as he's been poor to mediocre this season, Arsenal game aside

i never understand why people always say things like 'apart from that game hes been poor', so u could say apart from the other games hes been class. whats the difference?

TheBoss
19/02/2008, 12:50 PM

Of all the games I seen him play, I did not once say he had a poor game, he always has some sort of an influence and for a 19 year old, first time away from his home land, i think that he has been as good as he could have been so far.

jebus
19/02/2008, 12:53 PM
i never understand why people always say things like 'apart from that game hes been poor', so u could say apart from the other games hes been class. whats the difference?

he's been class in one game and poor in many, that's the difference I'd imagine

osarusan
19/02/2008, 2:32 PM

So you think that a player who is class in one game and rubbish in nine is the same as a player who is class in nine and rubbish in one?

feo123
20/02/2008, 9:20 PM
another assist after coming off the bench tonight

rambler14
20/02/2008, 9:29 PM
another assist after coming off the bench tonight

No he only took the corner Vidic or Ferdinand will be credited with the assist.

Anyway he was crap when he came on all he did was give away the ball and pull out of tackles.

feo123
20/02/2008, 9:37 PM
No he only took the corner Vidic or Ferdinand will be credited with the assist.

Anyway he was crap when he came on all he did was give away the ball and pull out of tackles.

vidic or ferdinand?? :D hahaha
what game were you watching?

TheBoss
20/02/2008, 9:38 PM

You sure you were looking at Nani ?

rambler14
20/02/2008, 9:43 PM
vidic or ferdinand?? :D hahaha
what game were you watching?

It was flicked back across after Nani's corner. I can't remember who flicked it I guessed at vidic or ferdinand