PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Fixtures

Rams-07
30/01/2008, 6:46 PM
Does anyone know for definite what friendlies have been arranged.Have heard games against Kanturk,Limerick & Waterford been mentioned but cant get any definite times/dates.

Maybe Marco can help?

Marco
30/01/2008, 7:51 PM
Does anyone know for definite what friendlies have been arranged.Have heard games against Kanturk,Limerick & Waterford been mentioned but cant get any definite times/dates.

Maybe Marco can help?

Hey Rams hows things, u have been quiet these days! What I know is that the Kanturk game is on Feb 9th, and the Limerick game was moved to Feb 23rd in Rams, but me thinks this might be a no go as Lims have no manager. I will speak to Hendo 2moro and find out for defo.

Rams-07
30/01/2008, 8:47 PM
Thanks Marco..might be a good idea to get them up on the website also..I know a lot of people who want to go to the friendlies and check the website for any news.
Heard your working hard for new season..keep up the good work;)

ramsfan
30/01/2008, 8:52 PM
marco you being the man in the know, anything interesting or exciting goin on, all ready for season start?
best of luck by the way, big job this year;)

rambler14
30/01/2008, 9:18 PM
Waterford away on the 2nd Feb
Kanturk away on the 9th Feb
Munster Senior Cup should be the weekend after 16th or 17th Feb vs Waterford away
Limerick at home on the 23rd Feb

Marco
30/01/2008, 9:19 PM
The work I have been doing at the minute isn't really CPO work more for the commercial/programme side of things which is good because the more doing this stuff the better. On the CPO side of things ya there is a few new things coming on board like a soccer am style goals/competition with a top prize of 10,000! no joke. This will be brought to shopping centres/clubs/schools and the winners of each round will be entered into a grand finale.

Thanks to a local printer I have managed to get all the match posters, road sign etc sponsored so I will have roughly 80 posters around the town/Midleton/Glanmire etc, extra signs on the roads. I am speaking to Irish Rail about putting posters inside the trains to promote games. The big games with City/Bohs/Rovers/Drogs etc will more or less promote themselves, the hard work will come in when teams like UCD do not bring a lot of fans. New PA system going into the ground, I have some banging tunes for match nights & RTE are coming to do a reccy on the ground for televised games. Then there is the school/club/special needs visits plus we will have an FAI soccer camp at the end of June at the club.

Marco
30/01/2008, 9:26 PM
marco you being the man in the know, anything interesting or exciting goin on, all ready for season start?
best of luck by the way, big job this year;)

Thanks, I am looking forward to it. Wish for the year ... would love to see the ground packed with a cracking athmosphere and then at the end of season retaining CPO of the year, would be nice;)

MojoPin
30/01/2008, 9:46 PM
all excellent things your doing MARCO how about a huge sign on the road side opposite supervalu on the hill?

ramsfan
30/01/2008, 10:04 PM
sounds brilliant, like the tunes idea big believer that good entrance song for team and for goals and also pre match will help get fans really up for it, make a 12th man so to speak.

i would think a sign by supervalue is a good idea.
comps at halftime are a top idea also, will attract parents and so in in with kids for comp and if they like what they see theyll return

what is the story with away fans, where will they be (behind goals?)
i will pm you closer to season start and i will take aposter every week if possible(a4) and put it up in work if this is possible, lot of people i work with are from local area and are always asking about club so if they know when game is on may come for a look

good place for a poster would be at ferry , are ferry company a sponsor if so why not get posters on board or at each side,

MojoPin
30/01/2008, 10:10 PM
give the free sponsership of a player if they hand out flyers with their fare tkts the friday before a match catch everyone coming home from work

rambler14
30/01/2008, 10:12 PM
Speaking of player sponsorship are the we the good people of foot.ie going to sponsor Shane Guthrie. Now is the time to do it like.

ramsfan
30/01/2008, 10:12 PM
its like an ideas machine, keep them coming:D

ramsfan
30/01/2008, 10:14 PM
how will we organise it, what is cost? i think we could organise it in next few days.

rambler14
30/01/2008, 10:17 PM
Crossbar Challenge at half time is a must. It will definetly draw the fans.
You could always get the traffic warden to hand out flyers with his parking tickets.:D
An open traning session/family day would be good. A lot of clubs are doing this now. €2 to take a penalty on Bilko:D

We better start threads for these topics or the dahamsta will pounce.

ramsfan
30/01/2008, 10:21 PM
if we get an account number from marco for rams we could deposit money in account mark it foot.ie and we could sponsor him, have said this loads of times previous so dont need someone trawling through previous posts and quote me

MojoPin
30/01/2008, 10:23 PM
i dont do banks well they dont do me ha ha ill be in paying money to the club this week for stuff anyway can i give 10% = 25yoyo if thats it to somebody for it?

ramsfan
30/01/2008, 10:24 PM
account saves mess as when you have deposited can pm marco and tell him.
dont really mind which way lets just do it

Rams-07
31/01/2008, 6:00 AM
Waterford away on the 2nd Feb
Kanturk away on the 9th Feb
Munster Senior Cup should be the weekend after 16th or 17th Feb vs Waterford away
Limerick at home on the 23rd Feb
Are these definites or just rumours?If definite what time is Waterford match on Saturday?

Super-rams
31/01/2008, 8:17 AM
The Waterford match is at 2 on saturday in the RSC as far as I know

luka
31/01/2008, 9:05 AM
Why is it that there appears to be no information regarding anything coming out of the club? There seems to be too many 'ifs and buts' at the moment. getting support to pre-season friendlies should surely be a priority so close to the start of the new season. We should be well on top of this.

ramsfan
31/01/2008, 10:43 AM
100% agree, extremely important to ge agood start to league, hit the ground running

RamsieOnTour
31/01/2008, 2:05 PM
So is it definate that Ramblers are playing down in Waterford this weekend as im living down here I like to go can anyone from the club please confirm thanks

Rams-07
31/01/2008, 2:39 PM
Why is it that there appears to be no information regarding anything coming out of the club? There seems to be too many 'ifs and buts' at the moment. getting support to pre-season friendlies should surely be a priority so close to the start of the new season. We should be well on top of this.
Have to agree with you there Luka...surely the website is the best place to get info but nothing seems to be happening..Its on the Waterford website that we are playing them at 2pm Sat if thats any help..:mad:

luka
31/01/2008, 2:42 PM
Info like that needs to be passed onto me so I can include it on the site, but if I ain't getting it then..............

sláinte101
31/01/2008, 4:14 PM
Thanks to a local printer I have managed to get all the match posters, road sign etc sponsored so I will have roughly 80 posters around the town/Midleton/Glanmire etc, extra signs on the roads. I am speaking to Irish Rail about putting posters inside the trains to promote games. The big games with City/Bohs/Rovers/Drogs etc will more or less promote themselves, the hard work will come in when teams like UCD do not bring a lot of fans. New PA system going into the ground, I have some banging tunes for match nights & RTE are coming to do a reccy on the ground for televised games. Then there is the school/club/special needs visits plus we will have an FAI soccer camp at the end of June at the club.

All sounds great, must say it's going to be so strange to see the club and sorroundings develop in a positive manner, heres to the future!! beats havin about 26 of us down watchin rams losin to rockmount in the munster cup (only an example)

ramsfan
31/01/2008, 4:16 PM
theme tune should be m people" things will only get better"

rambler14
31/01/2008, 4:18 PM
theme tune should be m people" things will only get better"

god no

ramsfan
31/01/2008, 4:20 PM
correction not m people it was d:ream, before i get slated by music buffs

rambler14
31/01/2008, 4:22 PM
correction not m people it was d:ream, before i get slated by music buffs

still god no

sláinte101
31/01/2008, 4:26 PM
jes any music will sound good as lond as were doing well!you could even put on depression music like radiohead or coldplay and we'll all be dancin to it as long as were e.g. 3 nil up against city at half time 29-3-08 ....oh and them down to ten men john o flnn sent off for being too injury prone!

Rams-07
31/01/2008, 4:35 PM
Info like that needs to be passed onto me so I can include it on the site, but if I ain't getting it then..............
Surely there is someone on the committee who would take responsibility for letting you know whats going on in the club...an email text or phone call once a week wouldnt be too hard would it?
Another suggestion would be to put up the results of the Monthly Draw..

ramsfan
31/01/2008, 4:35 PM
jes any music will sound good as lond as were doing well!you could even put on depression music like radiohead or coldplay and we'll all be dancin to it as long as were e.g. 3 nil up against city at half time 29-3-08 ....oh and them down to ten men john o flnn sent off for being too injury prone!

good to se we are all having the same collective dream

luka
31/01/2008, 4:40 PM
Surely there is someone on the committee who would take responsibility for letting you know whats going on in the club...an email text or phone call once a week wouldnt be too hard would it?
Another suggestion would be to put up the results of the Monthly Draw..

I get the online Lotto from Club Sec and Texas Holdem from Nick. The monthly draw will also be going up whenever someone decides to send it to me. Page is ready and waiting to be used http://cobhramblers.ie/extras/

ramsfan
31/01/2008, 4:42 PM
my god youd swear it was going to take up so much time for someone to call or email luka with info, he is doing a great job and should be given all the help he needs:mad:

Rams-07
31/01/2008, 4:43 PM
Well you cant do much more than that..

L37Ultra
08/02/2008, 8:09 PM
Anyone know for sure what time and date the Cobh V Limerick game is on?

L37Ultra
08/02/2008, 8:10 PM
, but me thinks this might be a no go as Lims have no manager. .

And Whats Mike Kerley so?:confused::rolleyes:

don ramo
08/02/2008, 8:14 PM
And Whats Mike Kerley so?:rolleyes:

dunno, but im dying to know, what is he:confused::confused:

L37Ultra
08/02/2008, 8:15 PM
dunno, but im dying to know, what is he:confused::confused:

Limerick's manager;)

don ramo
08/02/2008, 11:26 PM
Limerick's manager;)

:eek::D

Cici900
09/02/2008, 9:05 AM
Thanks Marco..might be a good idea to get them up on the website also..I know a lot of people who want to go to the friendlies and check the website for any news.
Heard your working hard for new season..keep up the good work;)

Is the kanturk game in kanturk

Rams-07
09/02/2008, 10:06 AM
ya it is..and we play Waterford again away next Sat in Munster cup..K.O.2pm

ramsfan
16/02/2008, 7:48 PM
whats up next is there any more friendllies planned

rambler14
16/02/2008, 7:49 PM
whats up next is there any more friendllies planned

Limerick at home on Saturday as far as I know.

chimpster
16/02/2008, 8:16 PM
Limerick at home on Saturday as far as I know.

It says so on the Limerick website anyways!!!
http://www.limerick37fc.ie/gpage14.html

Willie Bruton played for them in Galway on Fri night so we should be seeing him back in Cobh!