PDA

View Full Version : open note to Eric Lavine

max power
17/06/2003, 12:33 PM
Eric if you ever look at the net this is for your attention.

last night at the Bohs game you were on the bench, at half time you came on for a kick about and about 50 kids were on the pitch just looking at you kick the ball, some even had Lavine 9 shirts on them.

i never thought i would see the day where young kids ( hey anybody ) would be wearing a longford town jersey, never mind with a players name on the back of it.

these kids looked at you as if you were a god, yet you take off the jersey that those kids wear and just throw it around.

that not only disrespects the club, but also the loyal fans who chant your name. when you had your chance last night you walked around and did damn all.

i would give anything to go out on flancare park as a town player and then to have people wearing shirts with my name on it would be amazing, look at what you have and what you are throwing away at the moment.

this time last year in finn harps ground, i danced with you, sung with you and felt the same happiness you did when we beat harps to stay in the premier division. that is what we have in longford, its not man united or real madraid. but its ours and with the right frame of mind its yours too.

so eric look at what you really mean to the people of longford and take this week off to get yourself together and put all this behind you.

i for one want the number 9 for de Town to be worn be Eric lavine, lets just hope you do too.

Xlex
17/06/2003, 1:45 PM
it sinks the way he's acting, he is a quality player but I hate to see him act the mick... He's not training and it's this which has strained his realtionship with Matthews... He gets into a sulk and when this happens he is of no benefit to LTFC or it's supporters... There is no doubt in my mind that a partnership with Eric and Barrett is the way forward.

Longford should sign Adrian Murphy on a long term contract and have him as the third striker... Sean Francis is disappointing and I regret saying this but he has to move on... I'm patient but this is madness...

In saying what I have, Lavine is not the same player beside Francis, It's my belief that Lavine has sulked since his arrival and it does look like Francis and Lavine don't get on...

Sean Francis didn't knock in goals for fun for Rovers by being a bad player... The problem is deaper than that, Matthews, Lavine and the rest of the side have a small part to play in that...

All in all, the strikers at our disposal are as good as in the league... time for it to happen...

with that said I believe we can cope without Lavine and mores the pity we didn't take the €40,000 derry offered...

tiktok
17/06/2003, 6:00 PM
good post dj, very nicely done

max power
18/06/2003, 9:24 AM
thanks

drummer boy
18/06/2003, 11:02 AM
after mulvihulls performance he has to be in with a shout of a place. but i would have barrett and adrian murphy up front they were brialliant together in the u-21,s last year. they scored a bundle of goals together. Francis was a waste of money and lavine has no future at the town after everything that has happened.

max power
18/06/2003, 12:05 PM
i think murphy & barrett should be blooded and phased in, there is a big difference between u21 & premier division fotball, no one doubts their talent but it needs to be treated with kid gloves and developed right so the players and the club get the most out of the sitution.

to throw them straight in would be foolish, what if it went wrong and they didn't produce the goods, their confidence would be shattered and you could destroy a nice little career for the lads in question, bide our time and let them loose bit by bit and we could have some of the brightest talents in the coiuntry.

on a similar note Gary Murphy is ready, Alan Kirby should call him mini me, he for me is the best young talent at the club, i've said it before and i'll say it again, get him in the gym and build him up.

but at the end of the day with these young players coming through it is a credit to the underage set up at the club and long may it continue.

in years to come town supporters could be cheering on an almost native town team in the premier division, now that is a future i would love and would not cost thousands to produce, just a continuation of the work already being done.

@ndy
18/06/2003, 12:49 PM
Put it in a letter to Lavine c/o ltfc football club. Get the lads to put it in one f aswell, and maybe send it to the local paper.

Ballboy
19/06/2003, 10:46 PM
FAO dj:

As a Derry City supporter, I have at times wished to pen a letter to players that have shown disrespect etc to our supporters and the club. If i where to put pen to paper i doubt i could put it as passionate as you just have, I must applaude you on your feelings for you club, I just wish the Lansdowne prawn sandwich brigade would feel the same for there local club (if they have any at all) as you do.

I hope Lavine does read your letter, because it stirred feelings in my gut, let hope it does the same for him.

drummer boy
20/06/2003, 7:54 PM
have to agree gary murphy is our best young player and your definitly not the first person that said get him to a gym and build him up.

techs
21/06/2003, 9:49 AM
wasn't at either of the bohs games so i had no idea lavine had done it again. you say he walked on his jersey when he was substituted? i can't believe that, that is the most disrespectful think to do to a club and its fans

drummer boy
22/06/2003, 11:41 AM
he didint exactly walk on his jersey he pulled it of and threw it on the ground and then he sat outside the dugout away from the rest of the subs. he obviosly was very dissappointed at being taking of and i felt he shouldn have been. i seen him in town twice jouring the week and i seen his car parked outside valentines. i wounder why? does anyone know if hes training in longford now or whats the story.

gheewhizz
23/06/2003, 12:10 AM
Yes he is Training in Longford, along with Avery John, Alan Murphy, Kieran Foley, they are training with the U21's, as they could not go to Portugal for personal reasons

Maz
23/06/2003, 10:51 PM
Yeah he was training with the u21s and he avery kieran and murph played with them on sat! avery scored the two goals

drummer boy
25/06/2003, 6:48 PM
well good to kno that avery is back and sobered up