PDA

View Full Version : Semi final draw

liamon
17/06/2003, 9:19 AM
From www.FAI.ie

"Pat Dolan will take his Cork City side to meet his old team St Patrick's Athletic at Richmond Park in the semi-finals of the eircom League Cup after Monday evening's draw.

The other game will see Longford Town clash with either Derry City or Sligo Rovers.

Dolan's Cork and St Pat's have already met twice this season with both games ending in draws, but their must be a winner when they meet in the League Cup with extra time and penalties being required should the sides, yet again, be level at the end of 90 minutes.

Both sides have shown impressive form to reach the semi-finals with Pat's beating Shelbourne, Dublin City and tenants Shamrock Rovers while Cork have seen off the Kerry League, Cobh Ramblers and Waterford United. "

Trax
17/06/2003, 10:42 AM
Any dates given???

liamon
17/06/2003, 11:24 AM
The ties take place on the week commencing Monday July 7.

Nothing precise, as of yet.

Colm
17/06/2003, 12:11 PM
This allows for the perfect scenario, could you imagine if ourselves and Longford both won through to the final and the second leg was on in the Flansiro! What a night we would have in Longford if we won the league cup there.:) :cool: :)

Shelsman
17/06/2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by liamon
From www.FAI.ie"Both sides have shown impressive form to reach the semi-finals with Pat's beating Shelbourne, Dublin City and tenants Shamrock Rovers while Cork have seen off the Kerry League, Cobh Ramblers and Waterford United. "

There's a wee bit of a difference in the quality of the teams they met though!

pete
17/06/2003, 1:15 PM
I'm not complaining cos we obviously benefited from it already but when are the FAI going to come out & admit the league cup is a regional draw?

How do the FAI fix the league cup draw everytime?

:confused:

paudie
17/06/2003, 1:16 PM
I think both Shels and Rovers played virtual resrve teams in their league cup games so far so Pats road wasn't all that tough.

@ndy
17/06/2003, 1:21 PM
It's a pity, Pats would've been a good final. I hope ye beat em and get Longford away in the final. The second leg at the cross....that would be class havin the longford lads down for a cup final :)

Schumi
17/06/2003, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by pete
I'm not complaining cos we obviously benefited from it already but when are the FAI going to come out & admit the league cup is a regional draw?

How do the FAI fix the league cup draw everytime?

:confused: They have. They said at the start of the season, when they announced the draw, that the groups and the quarters were regional.

Xlex
17/06/2003, 2:01 PM
The Flansiro deserves a Cup Final...

Worth a few quid to us if we reach the Final... we'd have three home rounds... TBH I hope we get Pat's in the final because games are always close with them...

patsh
17/06/2003, 2:04 PM
Is it a 2 leg final?

I'd reckon Pat's will go ll out to win, just to get one over on Dolan. Are they ever going to let it go?

tiktok
17/06/2003, 6:04 PM
this will be the most competitive league cup semi final in a while i'd say. doubt quarter will be asked or given.

Neil
17/06/2003, 7:05 PM
Originally posted by liamon
The ties take place on the week commencing Monday July 7.

It will probably be a midweek game yeah?

Which would be a pity coz City would get a lot travelling to that game if it was Friday night or at the weekend.

I'd be interested in going anyway....

Neil
17/06/2003, 7:16 PM
Just seen on the Pats website
that the match is likely to take place on either the Sunday or Monday 6th/7th (http://www.stpatsfc.com/lcresults03.htm)

Real ale Madrid
17/06/2003, 8:54 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Just seen on the Pats website
that the match is likely to take place on either the Sunday or Monday 6th/7th (http://www.stpatsfc.com/lcresults03.htm)

Please please Sunday

James
17/06/2003, 8:56 PM
nice one
a potential city v longford cup final

second leg hopefully played in longford...as was discussed between myself colm and tom peppers over a few pints last night..we reckon it would be the job.. :D
big crowd in the flansiro up from cork.. bita dancing in blazers..;)

joe
17/06/2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
Please please Sunday

but aren't we playing longford on the saturday night? methinks it will be a tuesday night match :rolleyes:

tiktok
17/06/2003, 10:34 PM
yeah, although what are the odds Pat's wouldn't move it from the sunday in any case (oh..stirring:eek: )

tiktok
17/06/2003, 10:47 PM
from www.rte.ie

Derry City safely made it through to the semi-finals of the Eircom League with a comfortable 3-0 win over Sligo-Rovers at the Brandywell tonight.

Padraig Moran opened the scoring after 17 minutes and a brace from Sean Friar's after 27 & 72 minutes secured a facile passage into the last four for the Foylesiders.

There, they will meet Longford Town. In the other semi-final, St Pats Athletic will face Cork City.

Trax
18/06/2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
yeah, although what are the odds Pat's wouldn't move it from the sunday in any case 1/10000000000000000000000000 Cashmans:D ;)

Neil
25/06/2003, 3:04 PM
I believe the Semi final is set for a Monday night game in Richmond Park.

Dodge
25/06/2003, 3:39 PM
Haven't heard anything about it on our side yet.

So far we've put out completely reserve teams and I hope we contnue to play them... We beat Dublin City (half first team/half reserves) 2-0 away, Shels (reserves but with Wes Houlihan) 3-1 and Rovers (reserves with McGuinness, Barry Ryan and Liam Kelly) 3-0. Our team that finished v Rovers had 9 players under 20 (the other player was 24)

Would like to see a Pats Longford final...

Colm
25/06/2003, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Neil
I believe the Semi final is set for a Monday night game in Richmond Park.

Yeah I heard that aswell.
Looks like we're for two Monday night away games in a row.