PDA

View Full Version : Shay Kelly/Pat Sullivan

pineapple stu
08/12/2007, 1:09 PM
On the Longford forum, marty says we're signing Pat Sullivan and Shay Kelly.

John83
08/12/2007, 2:13 PM
On the Longford forum, marty says we're signing Pat Sullivan and Shay Kelly.
Interesting. Kelly in must mean we're losing one of the current keepers.

I'd be happy to see Sulli back.

Schumi
08/12/2007, 2:19 PM
Sullivan would be a good addition, we've been short at right back for a while. He'll be useful for taking out opposition players going on his cup final performance too. :D

pineapple stu
08/12/2007, 2:58 PM
Actually, would he not start the season with a ban?

Don't think either keeper's leaving though. Certainly Quigley seems to be with us for the long haul now unless a full time offer comes in (no news of that), and Gregg is very highly rated at the club as, at worst, an excellent back up option, so unless he wants to go, he'll be staying. Can see Kelly ending up at Bray. Would Sully get in the team ahead of Mahon and Conan?

I've put the word out to see if I can get any confirmation, and also any details on a transfer fee for Sammon.

DmanDmythDledge
08/12/2007, 3:08 PM
Actually, would he not start the season with a ban?

Would Sully get in the team ahead of Mahon and Conan?
Yeah, think it was a second yellow so only one game.

I'd take him easily ahead of Mahon.

Schumi
08/12/2007, 3:23 PM
Yeah, think it was a second yellow so only one game.Thought it was a straight red. :confused:

pineapple stu
08/12/2007, 3:31 PM
I'd take him easily ahead of Mahon.
Mahon can defend though. Sully's more in the Darragh Ryan mould of full back.

Schumi
08/12/2007, 3:37 PM
Sully did fine at right back for us before. I wouldn't have any qualms about playing him there.

De Town
08/12/2007, 6:44 PM
I've seen quite a bit of Mahon and based on Sulli's performances this season, I would definately have him ahead of Mahon. He's been excellent all season, himself and Prunty covering nearly every game for our 2 centre halves lack of pace. Would be a very good signing for any team.

John83
10/12/2007, 1:04 PM
Thought it was a straight red. :confused:
I thought so at the time too, but I've seen it given as a second yellow in a few reports.

I too would like to join the "Sulli's a better right back than Alan Mahon" camp. Regardless, we've had no established second choice right back for a couple of years, and I'd rather not have to drag Kenna from the middle (if he stays).

mcglinchey
11/12/2007, 5:22 PM
sullivan any day. there is no contest.No disrespect to Alan Mahon but sullivan has speed,can defend and attack and i would be delighted to see him back with us. has it been confirmed that he is signing for us or is it just speculation?

pineapple stu
11/12/2007, 5:33 PM
Just speculation. Though he did play a friendly for us last year and was supposedly close to signing before Longford offered more, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign this time out.

Martinho II
16/12/2007, 9:00 PM
[QUOTE=pineapple stu;839738]Oh well. If Shay Kelly comes back, as rumoured, it'll be no loss. Gregg apparently wasn't one for being overly concerned with body fat tests and the likes, although I thought we'd keep him.

heard lads that shay kelly wants to stay with us.. ifs thats the case thats at last sum good news.....

:)

Sonic
18/12/2007, 4:42 PM
heard lads that shay kelly wants to stay with us.. ifs thats the case thats at last sum good news.....

:)

Whered you hear that. Very good news if true:D:D

Martinho II
18/12/2007, 6:03 PM
Whered you hear that. Very good news if true:D:D

from one of my local journalist sources..;)

CollegeTillIDie
19/12/2007, 4:55 PM
Shay Kelly being linked with a return to Belfield in today's papers. With Matt Gregg gone we need cover for Darren Quigley. Shay was here from 1993-1998 before leaving for Cardiff City on a Bosman.

Poor Student
19/12/2007, 6:25 PM
Shay Kelly being linked with a return to Belfield in today's papers.

It's possible the basis for the story is from this thread though.:o

CollegeTillIDie
20/12/2007, 6:19 AM
It's possible the basis for the story is from this thread though.:o Well maybe if the club ask him , he will. He's still based in Dublin and last time I was talking to him he was doing a bit of part time lecturing in Belfield.

Schumi
20/12/2007, 12:51 PM
Shay Kelly was supposed to be talking to UCD but the goalkeeper told The Longford Leader he has yet to speak to any club and would like to stay with the Town.http://www.longfordtoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=2628&ArticleID=3573302

Martinho II
09/01/2008, 4:56 PM
latest news is that ex ucd player pat sullivan is almost certain to sign for harps. heard when he was supposed to meet up with aaron callaghan he didnt have the manners to show up...