PDA

View Full Version : Ian Bermingham

pineapple stu
12/11/2007, 4:25 PM
Ian Bermingham has signed a pre-contract deal for Stockport (I think) and will move on a free in the next couple of weeks.

CollegeTillIDie
12/11/2007, 4:38 PM
That leaves a vacancy at left back which might be filled by a returning old boy if the Darragh Ryan being available rumour proves correct. Failing that tempt Micko out of retirement before Finn Harps do :D

Poor Student
12/11/2007, 6:12 PM
I'd rather tempt Keith Doyle out of retirement than either of those two.

pineapple stu
01/12/2007, 7:37 PM
Bermingham having trials with Leeds and Stockport.

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2007, 8:47 PM
pineapple stu

Is he in danger of ending up like Quigley last year, crawling back to Belfield in February looking for a gig?

pineapple stu
01/12/2007, 8:48 PM
No idea. Best of luck to him anyway; we should be looking to get our top players over to England (or another professional league) as often as possible. And we have a ready made replacement in Killian Gallagher.

CollegeTillIDie
01/12/2007, 8:49 PM
No idea. Best of luck to him anyway; we should be looking to get our top players over to England (or another professional league) as often as possible. And we have a ready made replacement in Killian Gallagher.

Well yes for sure best of luck to him, but I'd prefer if the players who aren't amateurs were the ones getting signed by foreign clubs for obese transfer fees :D

Poor Student
02/12/2007, 12:30 PM
pineapple stu

Is he in danger of ending up like Quigley last year, crawling back to Belfield in February looking for a gig?

I don't think that's fair on Quigley. He's a very talented goal keeper. He was invited to trials, he gave them a go, no one took the punt and we were happy to have him back.

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2007, 9:36 PM
I don't think that's fair on Quigley. He's a very talented goal keeper. He was invited to trials, he gave them a go, no one took the punt and we were happy to have him back.

No dispute he is a talented keeper. He did leave Belfield in the close season confident of getting fixed up elsewhere and returned chastened. It harks back to a point I made on another thread about how difficult that sort of thing is for our club in terms of planning for the new season.

DmanDmythDledge
28/01/2008, 8:04 PM
Bermingham has resigned for UCD. :)

John83
28/01/2008, 8:15 PM
Oh no! Where does this leave our mystery exotic import left back rumoured in text messages? :D

Nice to see him back.

DmanDmythDledge
28/01/2008, 8:22 PM
Oh no! Where does this leave our mystery exotic import left back rumoured in text messages? :D
He can also play left mid and is presumably better than Gallagher so that part of the squad is improved. Also there's a chance Bermingham could leave in July leaving us stuck for a replacement.

Also on a more postive note* for a change this means our defence from last season is still intact.

*depending whether or not you consider having Alan Mahon as a positive

pineapple stu
28/01/2008, 9:08 PM
This lad? (http://www.derrycitychat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16761&sid=1cbf8b7ad355ec1ff5e31f96ef80f35e)

Schumi
28/01/2008, 9:30 PM
Woo hoo. Bermingham's staying.

I hope splitting this into a new thread doesn't mean that people look at the first post and think it's new. :D

pineapple stu
28/01/2008, 9:32 PM
pineapple stu

Shock horror as CTID calls it correctly!

Schumi
28/01/2008, 9:47 PM
Wonderful, let's insult the players who'll actually return to play with us. :rolleyes:

DmanDmythDledge
28/01/2008, 9:51 PM
Yeah, turned down clubs in Britain and Pats to resign for us.

Could you imagine if he was still around?:confused: :D To be honest it's less fun since he's gone- too many people agreeing with each other!!!!

Poor Student
29/01/2008, 11:15 AM
No one could blame him for assessing all his options, he's a talented young player with a bright future. My own biased opinion is that at such a young age he's better off putting in at least another season with UCD getting regular football in a lesser pressured environment. Delighted to hear he's staying. It's a pity Conan left in that unexpected swoop or we'd still have retained a good core chunk of our most talented players when you consider that Kenna, McNally and Finn will still be around.

Burnsie
03/02/2008, 5:47 PM
Hold the phone, why did CTID get banned?