PDA

View Full Version : New Captain!

U-C-D
28/01/2008, 8:53 PM
Lads who would you like to see as the new club captain? I presume most people would say Alan McNally but personally id like to see conor kenna get the job! Conor seems to be way more vocal on the pitch and rarely ever misses a game! I think he would make a top captain with aley mc vice-captain. there really isint much choice behind those two lads! only others with much experience are al mahon, matt greg and padge, and couldnt really see any of those as captains.

pineapple stu
28/01/2008, 9:06 PM
Would imagine it'll be Mahon. But him or Allie Mac or Kenna'll be grand.

DmanDmythDledge
28/01/2008, 9:24 PM
Would imagine it'll be Mahon.
Wouldn't think so, McNally had it whenever Tony Mc wasn't playing last season.

Wouldn't be much difference on the field captain-wise between McNally and Kenna. However I can't comment on what either of them is like off the pitch as a leader. McNally has been at the club a good bit longer than Kenna so in that regard that would probably make the difference.

Just don't let it be Mahon. With all due respect he's hardly an inspirational like figure.

On a side note the player in the squad with the best attributes to be captain has to be Even McMillan. A future captain of this club (if he's here long enough) without doubt.

pineapple stu
28/01/2008, 9:26 PM
Just don't let it be Mahon. With all due respect he's hardly an inspirational like figure.
How can you possibly know?!

Schumi
28/01/2008, 9:29 PM
McNally is the most likely I'd say.

DmanDmythDledge
28/01/2008, 9:29 PM
How can you possibly know?!
Just seems to be very quiet on the pitch and comes across as being very dour in interviews and stuff like that. He seems more like a model professional than a leader.

U-C-D
28/01/2008, 10:21 PM
have to agree with dman! mahon's very quiet on the pitch, as is aley mc! for me it has to be kenna, model pro,always plays, leader on the pitch and probable off it to!

DmanDmythDledge
28/01/2008, 10:26 PM
for me it has to be kenna, model pro,always plays, leader on the pitch and probable off it to!
Really? From what I could see McNally was always the one organising the defence. The only time our defence looked unoraganised last season was when McNally was out...

mcglinchey
29/01/2008, 9:51 AM
Really? From what I could see McNally was always the one organising the defence. The only time our defence looked unoraganised last season was when McNally was out...

very valid point dman and will be the difference in deciding who gets the armband i think. i dont think kenna could cope with the pressure of being captain and it showed against rovers,i think? last year when he gave away the penalty and conceded 4 goals. In what is going to be an extremly difficult season for us,i think it should go to mcnally,without doubt.

John83
29/01/2008, 11:23 AM
I imagine it'll go to McNally as he seemed to get it any time Tony was out in the last couple of seasons. Maybe someone will correct me on that though.

I don't think fans are really in nearly as good a position to judge captain qualities in a player as the players and coaches, so I wouldn't bother wondering about a selection.

I'd agree that McNally seems to be the organiser in the defence though. Kenna's still 22(?) though - rare for a centre half to get that stuff right at that age.

Colie
29/01/2008, 6:58 PM
If we definitely can give it to Gaz Dicker then I guess Ally Mac is he man.

DmanDmythDledge
10/02/2008, 5:02 PM
Seems to be Conor Kenna...